Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Pt 4

Posted

I think things are looking quite good for Yorkshire now. :) Even though nothings really changed since all my moning yesterday! :drinks: :lol:

Firstly, anysnow pushing up on thursday will instantly stick!.. not a question it wont... :) Lets say if we get patches of light/moderate dry snow on thursday evening/night, that could quite easily deposit 5-8 cm.... which aint bad in this day and age!

Then on Saturday we are in a prime position for a lenghty spell of snow (still uncertanties surrounding this), but this is most likely to turn to sleet and rain later on.. :(

For thursday west/south yorkshire most at risk, then on saturday the highest risk areas will probably be north/west yorkshire... :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
shock...Manchester area and heavy snow mentioned in the same sentence!! on the BBC weather forcast!!!! didnt think it would transpire this far northwards ?? do the models back this up?

It could do but you probably wont be the very worst affected. The very very worst affected will be the West Midlands, Parts of East Midlands, S Wales, London and parts of Northern central southern england.

I would say the West Midlands will be the very worst.

I think things are looking quite good for Yorkshire now. :) Even though nothings really changed since all my moning yesterday! :drinks: :lol:

Firstly, anysnow pushing up on thursday will instantly stick!.. not a question it wont... :) Lets say if we get patches of light/moderate dry snow on thursday evening/night, that could quite easily deposit 5-8 cm.... which aint bad in this day and age!

Then on Saturday we are in a prime position for a lenghty spell of snow (still uncertanties surrounding this), but this is most likely to turn to sleet and rain later on.. :(

For thursday west/south yorkshire most at risk, then on saturday the highest risk areas will probably be north/west yorkshire... :)

I dont think yorkshire is most at risk by far tomorrow.

Posted
It could do but you probably wont be the very worst affected. The very very worst affected will be the West Midlands, Parts of East Midlands, S Wales, London and parts of Northern central southern england.

Blizzards the only reason your saying West Midlands is going to be the worst is because that's where your from.

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
I don't mean to be rude or sound stupid but where is that? :lol:

Dear god, BB - can you not look it up yourself? There's Google, and even a quaint, old-fashioned thing called AN ATLAS.... :drinks:

Posted

The midlands is going to get a hammering, hopefully it wil push alittle further north than they are saying.

whoop whoop a very rare site to behold this is!

Posted
Evening KS, nice to see a fellow Shrimper on board!!..

So what do you make of tonight/tommorow for us lot in the SE?..

:drinks:

Just watching all the BBC tv forecasts and reading the posts of the NW forecast team to be honest. Should make the drive to work interesting!

Posted
believe me its pure snowflakes,

very light at the moment

Whereabouts in Co. Roscommon are you, Stormforce? My roots are in Ballinlough but I've got family in Ballyhaunis, Galway, Mayo, Sligo and Dublin. (Haven't we all!!) I'm curious to know if they're seeing any of the white stuff.

Regards,

Mike.

Posted

ATTENSHUN!

STAND BY YOUR LAMPPOSTS!

Edited by bennytes

Posted
Shuggee, looks like you've got a nice snow shower heading straight for you! :drinks:

I've been watching that and it's been interesting watch it die out over land before going back over the Forth and becoming really heavy again. Looks like it'll go just to Edinburgh's north - but I'm off out in a wee while, so that's not such a bad thing!

Posted

Now Anglia are saying ipswich will have sleet and we have 70% chance of disruption. I don't think they're giving it as much credit as bbc tbh. Anglia and ITV weather are tbh thick as you know what when it comes to forcasting. ITV national weather will be different and will show EA with heavy snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

He's talking worst affected in terms of the North of England.

Posted
Blizzards the only reason your saying West Midlands is going to be the worst is because that's where your from.

Having said that though you probably have to admit it stands the highest chance of seeing the largest snowfall, altho i feel a large area also will come close to similar amounts.

Posted

:drinks: I was only reffering to yorkshire... Its obviouse that wales/midlands is most at risk...

Posted

no-one said that yorkshire would be most at risk. You are going to get heavy snow but you don't have to boast in every single post you do.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Poor forecast for us tonight. Snow dying out as it heads towards us. Major not event coming up for us. Doesn't look to bad further south though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.
Whereabouts in Co. Roscommon are you, Stormforce? My roots are in Ballinlough but I've got family in Ballyhaunis, Galway, Mayo, Sligo and Dublin. (Haven't we all!!) I'm curious to know if they're seeing any of the white stuff.

Regards,

Mike.

hi mike i live in castlerea,

regards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

haha i thought exact the same thing...lookin at how it is moving at the mo i would say many areas have a great chance...i wouldnt rate west midlands as the BEST

Posted

I know there is a snow event across the UK bar Scotland tomorrow and good luck to all you snowlovers with that, certainly looking very good for some. But just read on the main page of a low pressure system being expected to bring snow to Midlands northwards at the weekend. So does anyone have any more information on this as it is only a few days away and is it looking likely to be as significant for Scotland as the current one will be for many other parts of the UK!? Id love to see some good snow in my area as we dont often get it but also i am planning to drive up to Fort William on Sunday so am very interested to know if this journey looks likely to be affected! We just had one light snow shower earlier but looking good for a few more through the evening and overnight.

Posted
Poor forecast for us tonight. Snow dying out as it heads towards us. Major not event coming up for us. Doesn't look to bad further south though.

Im pretty sure ethat you'l get 3-6 cm's fella, maybe even a little more

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

disappointing bbc forcast Peter Gibbs suggests that it will be rain to arrive in south wales, and with the temps holding up here at 2.1C it looks like cold rain unless everything shunts south another 50 miles or so.

Posted

I would like to ask why you dont think yorkshire is at risk tomorrow, they stand just a good chance as anywhere else, regarding conditions for snow to fall, I have seen the charts and looking at that precip heading in now, its a lot more larger/ and more intense, it also starts further noth.

May i ask where your "" Predictions come from "" Is it that snow ridden hill near you ?