Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Pt 4

Posted
I would like to ask why you dont think yorkshire is at risk tomorrow, they stand just a good chance as anywhere else, regarding conditions for snow to fall, I have seen the charts and looking at that precip heading in now, its a lot more larger/ and more intense, it also starts further noth.

May i ask where your "" Predictions come from "" Is it that snow ridden hill near you ?

:lol:

I think he makes it up and writes what he wants to hear to be honest :drinks:

Posted
I know there is a snow event across the UK bar Scotland tomorrow and good luck to all you snowlovers with that, certainly looking very good for some. But just read on the main page of a low pressure system being expected to bring snow to Midlands northwards at the weekend. So does anyone have any more information on this as it is only a few days away and is it looking likely to be as significant for Scotland as the current one will be for many other parts of the UK!? Id love to see some good snow in my area as we dont often get it but also i am planning to drive up to Fort William on Sunday so am very interested to know if this journey looks likely to be affected! We just had one light snow shower earlier but looking good for a few more through the evening and overnight.

Yeah i do, on friday night into saturday (especially sat morning) the low pressure out to the north sea will push back west again, affecting yorkshire, and further up into scotland, my local weather forcaster lisa galagher, and also paul hudson, said that theres the potential for significant amounts of snowfall pushing in from the north sea.

Keep an eye on it :drinks: !!

Posted

What sort of depths can we expect here in Reading?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Blizzards the only reason your saying West Midlands is going to be the worst is because that's where your from.

No im not, im being serious here, infact im now saying the whole of the midlands is bad and wales.

Posted
disappointing bbc forcast Peter Gibbs suggests that it will be rain to arrive in south wales, and with the temps holding up here at 2.1C it looks like cold rain unless everything shunts south another 50 miles or so.

Oh No!! Please don't say its true.....my kids will be devastated.

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
Does it really matter.. **** :wallbash:

No, probably not, though it does seem a bit daft.

So where is this place Bristol, anyway? :fool:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
He's talking worst affected in terms of the North of England.

oh ok i think west of pennines is worst affected tomorrow.

Posted
No im not, im being serious here, infact im now saying the whole of the midlands is bad and wales.

I can imagine you over night, with your custom built super size snow machine, dumping 6-8 inches of fake snow all over the midlands. You might pop to wales aswell??? 8P

Posted

E Wales and the midlands to get 8 inches I think (any of you know what 8 inches looks like lol) East Anglia to get 3-4 inches, London 2inches and Southern England an Inch or so

Posted
I would like to ask why you dont think yorkshire is at risk tomorrow, they stand just a good chance as anywhere else, regarding conditions for snow to fall, I have seen the charts and looking at that precip heading in now, its a lot more larger/ and more intense, it also starts further noth.

May i ask where your "" Predictions come from "" Is it that snow ridden hill near you ?

:wallbash:

hey please dont speak to me like that. you arent at biggest risk tomorrow but i would agree you have best chance on saturday.

Posted

Looks like things are not turning out well at all here.. temperaures are rising not falling.. i now expect we'll be lucky to get sleet here at my location and i will be viewing pics of snow over in England with so much pain i might just not be able to view the forums for a while..

:fool::wallbash:

Posted
I think he makes it up and writes what he wants to hear to be honest :wallbash:

No i dont and im being as correct as possible here. You read our local newspapers.

Posted

I cant believe it!! I wait all this time for a snow event like this and im supposed to be getting a flight from gatwick to Egypt at 9 tomorrow morning bet i get stuck at the airport for hours!!! DOH!!!!! :wallbash:

I would rather be out enjoying the snow!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
Cork Airport, light rain, gusty.

EICK 071700Z 12020G30KT 4000 -RA SCT004 BKN012 BKN022 06/06 Q0987 TEMPO 2000

No snow?!

Dont talk to me.

It's now 10C and raining all day.

Fed up of it

Posted
I think he makes it up and writes what he wants to hear to be honest :wallbash:

I wish people will lay off Blizzards back and let us respect his view in what he think.

I also think he is generally excited about this snow so you can't blame him being all hyped up!. I would be excited if i was in his location so let him makes his predictions regardless weather they are right or wrong.

Posted

Blizzard is probably right, i do think the Midlands area is going to be hit the hardest, so the west Midlands could wel lbe hit hard. Saying that the rest of England to the south does have a real chance at being hit hard, esp becuase the UKMO charts have the cold air being very stubborn indeed which is a good thing. Matty I do think your location is more marginal then for England and Wales but you've got to hope the Irish sea doesn't modify the air to much as it comes in from the east, hopefully it doesn't make it a slushy mix.

Sorry to here about that by the way JS but your area was very unlikely to gt snow from trhis set-up sadly, main snow zone also appears to have shifted slightly further east based on tonights output.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
hey please dont speak to me like that. you arent at biggest risk tomorrow but i would agree you have best chance on saturday.

sorry, i had no right to talk to you like that then. Its just when people make such guesses/estimations it gets other people wondering and querying, this is why i never mension more than 1 area. I always say never talk out of your own boundary :wallbash:

hehe good luck with the snow!

GOOD LUCK ALL!

Posted
Oh No!! Please don't say its true.....my kids will be devastated.

Chill out, temps will drop before then, plus when the precipitation arives evaporative cooling will come into play.. youl atleast get a good covering and see blizzard conditions before it turns tro sleet.. :wallbash:

Posted

:fool: Oh well, i've got the kids excited about the snow coming.................I hope this comes off, otherwise i'll be gutted.(As well as them) :fool:

What's Swindons chances now?? :wallbash:

Posted

what type of snow is this going to be i wonder??? i'm thinking back to the great blizzard of 1990 that brought down powerlines and left us without water and electric for 4 days!!! the temperatures make it look like it's gonna be the sticky type??? any thoughts?