Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 5

Nick F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds
Welcome back :D

Lost track of everything. Had a quick look over in the TWO forum and there are reports of snow in devon.

Really? It rained a little here earlier when it was 1C and the temp has now climbed to 3.5C. I'm quite confident there will be no snow here at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

welcome back

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous
Really? It rained a little here earlier when it was 1C and the temp has now climbed to 3.5C. I'm quite confident there will be no snow here at least.

Well...dartmoor / exmoor. A low level snow report from near weston-super-mare in Somerset.

Posted
I think people will head off for bed, so the site might not struggle as much with traffic for the rest of this evening.

I was thinking that! temperature up at 2.4 here so i recon it will probably be a no go for me

Posted

Temperature climbing slowly but steadily here as the cloud comes in - will temperatures drop in heavy bursts of precipitation or are they likely to keep on rising from now on?

Posted
looking at the radar & the echoes I may have underestimated the largest depth of 8 inches.......

Lets hope NW is all repaired now & we can enjoy the run in.........

S

were would you think 8inch is possible?? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Seems to be running quicker this time.

Could be another shower heading here soon :D

Looking good for you lot down south, my time will come Friday night and Saturday hopefully.

Posted
I too had a smooch round other forums.....def say net weather best!!!!!!

Still hoping that snow comes furthur North :D

Ah me too. I think we all migrated over too two's forum LOL.

Posted

Fingers crossed, we're monitoring - sorry for the hassles all. We upgraded for when it got busy, but it seems we may need to again, although we also suspect there is a bug somewhere causing issues..

Posted
were would you think 8inch is possible?? :D

I think you have a good chance, im hoping for 10cms with some drifting of the snow.

Posted

Crappy rain with the hint of sleet here for the last couple of hours. Temp. +2.3c Weather nealy as crap as Ireland vs. San Marino earlier this evening :D (we scapped a win 2-1 - San Marino got their first goal in 9 years!)

Any sign of that rain band/front swinging? That's my only hope :D

Posted

Watching the latest news forecast the snow risk seems to have shifted further south than earlier forecast, any more knowledgeable people car to comment on how far north the snow is expected to travel, im started to think it might not reach here at this rate.

Posted
Fingers crossed, we're monitoring - sorry for the hassles all. We upgraded for when it got busy, but it seems we may need to again, although we also suspect there is a bug somewhere causing issues..

A bug?? on tonight of all nights!!!! SOMETHING always tries to go wrong for us!!!!

Hopefully the precip is heavier than anticipated!! :D

Posted

Hi Steve, i went for locally upto 9-12 inches over 24hrs on TWO right now, I'd inclined to go for the lower figure but because of the risk of nthe front not going as far north as the models are progging, or at least not as fast I think I had to include the upper range as well.

Those sorts of totals are quite amazing in the Uk, even in the states it wouldn't be sniffed at.

ps, by the way as i said on TWO, frontal system is swinging at the moment, clear tilt now if you flip between 2hr timeframes, intrestingly that appears to be ahea dof plan which will limit the northerly movement of the front even more and fax charts show the front still ovr S.Midlands-East Anglia even at 18z tommorow, this front could well stall like predicted by a few earlier.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
I think you have a good chance, im hoping for 10cms with some drifting of the snow.

certainly hope so! want to wake up at about 6am but i bet i wont dont want to set my alarm because it will wake everyone up lol

Posted

Temp -3.7C and dewpoint -4.9C currently....both still dropping.

Any idea when this will hit here, as I need a kip but would get up early for a front row seat.

Posted

The radar on meteo24.com seems to suggest that the front will start pivoting about now, and it seems to become more compressed as it does this. Will this create a greater intensity in the precipitation?

Click here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
looking at the radar & the echoes I may have underestimated the largest depth of 8 inches.......S

http://www.meteo24.com/uk/index.php?go=5,1

Excellent, the wind has picked up here 20mph plus from SE, all blowing towards the frontal cloud, which is riding over the colder air very well :D I hope this is a good thing.

Russ

Posted

Well the news from Ireland is poor with most areas from what I know reporting rain or sleet at best.

This amazes me as the Irish Met were forecasting serious amounts of snow away from the South coast.

Major red faces in the morning I would think.

It is currently 7 C here and ye guys in Uk should bear the setup over here in mind.

Maybe it aint going to be an event at all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
Hi Steve, i went for locally upto 9-12 inches over 24hrs on TWO right now, I'd inclined to go for the lower figure but because of the risk of nthe front not going as far north as the models are progging, or at least not as fast I think I had to include the upper range as well.

Those sorts of totals are quite amazing in the Uk, even in the states it wouldn't be sniffed at.

The less north this travels the better the chances of more snow Friday/Saturday right?

I heard this mentioned yesterday on the forum, I was just wondering if it applies.

Posted

ps, by the way as i said on TWO, frontal system is swinging at the moment, clear tilt now if you flip between 2hr timeframes, intrestingly that appears to be ahea dof plan which will limit the northerly movement of the front even more and fax charts show the front still ovr S.Midlands-East Anglia even at 18z tommorow, this front could well stall like predicted by a few earlier.

Are you having a laugh mate?