Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 5

Nick F

Posted

It really is touch and go for me in W.Yorkshire, some models are saying that the band will reach me and give me decent snow, some saying i'll get some sleet, some saying nothing at all. I'm enjoying learning everything about the models etc, it's been a good education for me the last couple of days! So hopefully by 12 noon i've seen some white stuff, and a little more in the mid afternoon, but hope you all get what you wish for!!

Posted

Don't worry about that, ther eis quite a strong lobe over France at the moment that will push up, the UKMO 0z run progged this to hit very close to the London region tommorow morning as it starts to head more and more northerly as the front tilts. Plenty of precip there mark for the SE, the main worry for the south is always going to be the temps but away from the coast (say 20-40 miles away.) I think snow chances are very high indeed and given dew-point presently it should settle once it starts which will help to cause a little feeback system, hopefully!

Edited by kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

I keep getting the same IPS error message each time I move about on the site but on the second refresh it works.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Had hellish problems trying to access this site. Anyone know if the shower activity just west of birmingham is producing anything ? I thought it may well be an.prop, but it has developed.

Posted

The dewpoint may only be -0.7 (risen significantly), and the temp fallen to only 2.6, but it's snowing quite well outside here in Kenfig Hill - small wet flakes, but there's lots of them and it's definitely not sleet :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Seems that there is some PPN over the east midlands on the radar but its clear as a bell here and I think its just the radar playing up a bit.

Just seen the news, they reckon we could have the most snow we have had in a decade :drinks:

Posted
nw extra radar still strugling

I can't even seem to log in to NW Extra to see the radar, it keeps sending me back to the welcome page.

Typical, setups like to tonight are the reason why I subscribe to it, and i'm having to use the MetOffice 30 minute radar.

Posted

Thanks Kold,

I think most of us will see the most snow for quite a while, if it turns to rain then so be it, at least we have some snow.

Quite exciting that its only a few hours away.

Posted
I'm back :drinks::drinks: YES!!! LOL - this is one night I need NW to be in good working order................... :lol:

Mammatus

I know i had big withdrawl symptoms and had to trot to find another forum!!!

Posted

No sign of anything yet guys in Bath.Temp 0.5 c now from 0.0 earlier on.Real peacefull out cloudy but cold.Calm before the storm i reckon.Hopefully it ll all start up at midnight so i can sit and watch from my window.Before i end up falling asleep around 2 lol.I just hope theres still some lyin in the morning and its not a quick thaw afterwards.

Posted
Glad the forum is back now.

Probably die again soon, but hope not.

I think people will head off for bed, so the site might not struggle as much with traffic for the rest of this evening.

Posted

Well, I have another dusting (last nights melted this morning). Its a sorry excuse of a cover for my region tho; as it is only about 0.5cm. Some lucky gits further north have 2cm+

Posted

Yeah, saying that I had an okay fall in the Jan cold spell so I'm not actually amazing bothered if it doesn't give that much here, as long as it gives someone a hammerblow I'm happy enough...providing I see the pictures!

As for the biggest falls in 10 years, maybe locally but there must have been a set-up where more snow has fallen then that in 10 years, I recall the Jan 2003 had locally 4-6 inches around East Anglia and i got 4 inches in Jan 2004...someones been having a little ramp in the met-office!

Crimson, yeah temps don't have to be bitterly cold, with quite a low thickness/heights expected it means that as long as temps/dewpoints are close to 0c we should see some snow and while your location is colder then that it does show that despite it locally warming up in places that doesn't mean they won't get snow.

By the way don't forget to post your current reports in the wintry forum!

Edited by kold weather

Posted
I know i had big withdrawl symptoms and had to trot to find another forum!!!

I too had a smooch round other forums.....def say net weather best!!!!!!

Still hoping that snow comes furthur North :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Is that precip in the Midlands Anaprop?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Welcome back :D

Lost track of everything. Had a quick look over in the TWO forum and there are reports of snow in devon.

Posted

i shall sit here and wait for reports of snow in cardiff and bristol then it should be snowin out my window.Ive been checkin a few times tonight still nothing but aint midnight yet so not expectin anythin till then or maybe 1 or 2 hrs after.Anyway how many hrs of snow u think we are looking at

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Just got back from Kickboxing and I can't believe that in 4 hours the front is still in Cornwall and S. Ireland.

What have I missed? Owt interesting?

Posted

snow showers around me would be good to get a cm down from a shower to help the snow after stick :D

post-6161-1170890290_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
Well, I have another dusting (last nights melted this morning). Its a sorry excuse of a cover for my region tho; as it is only about 0.5cm. Some lucky gits further north have 2cm+

It must be about 1.5cm here, the best this winter :D

I wonder if this site could be closed to guests? That would help.