Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 5

Nick F

Posted

latest bbc24 forecast concerning for me snow alot further south at 9.00am then earlier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
A meso low is suggested to develop across SE England by noon tomorrow as the upper long-wave trough elongates ESE looking at the 18z GFS - may enhance ppn across London area/E Anglia:

post-1052-1170892289_thumb.pngpost-1052-1170892299_thumb.png

Though highest snowfall totals still likely over the Central belt through Wales, Midlands to the Wash where the T+24 FAX for 18z tomorrow shows front has stalled across here which will prolong snowfall:

post-1052-1170892450_thumb.png

I never thought I would be saying this, but it looks like I could be in a prime position in Leicester to see some decent snowfall :(

Posted

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBC weather has COMPLETELY changed!! No snow for Northern Ireland, snow for southern England, barely getting into the midlands, and fizzing out completely by midday, with the most northern extent of snow in a line between top of wales and the wash.

How can they change it so much in an hour??????

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

IM NOT GUNNA SEE ANY AARRRRRGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

There's gunna be a LOT of dissapointed people tomorrow.

Edited by boro_dave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

For those of us in north west Durham, Tyne and Wear theres a snow shower heading in from the North Sea which looks like crossing our region :(

Looks like it will just pass to the north of PP.

Edited by multi cellular thunderstorm

Posted
Dude keep us updated im a little south of you and would like to know when it really gets goin.Dont wanna stay up all night waitin i ll stay awake till 2am and hope for the best lol

all i can say is the snow is very small fine in the wind in a bright spot light......and slowly VERY slowlwy increasing

Posted

Had to buy a 1 month net weather 5 minute radar subscription. I am in one of those stay up all night moods to see who get whats! :( Tasty wee radar as well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Looking at recent radar the ppn band seems to have almost halted its progression and is stalling on the Welsh Borders at present.Signs of it tilting more to a SouthEast/NorthWest alignment.

http://www.meteo24.com/uk/index.php?go=4&geoItem=uk_rad.

Could be an all day event for some central parts tommorow.

Edited by phil n.warks.

Posted
AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBC weather has COMPLETELY changed!! No snow for northern island, snow for southern England, barely getting into the midlands, and fizzing out completely by midday, with the most northern extent of snow in a line between top of wales and the wash.

How can they change it so much in an hour??????

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

IM NOT GUNNA SEE ANY AARRRRRGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

There gunna be a LOT of dissapointed people tomorrow.

yesssssssss god dam bbc weather changed dramatically within half an hour it looks like it will strugle to even reach me now before it fizzles out nooooooooooooooooooo

Posted
For those of us in north west Durham, Tyne and Wear theres a snow shower heading in from the North Sea which looks like crossing our region :(

Looks like it will just pass to the north of PP.

Its pittance....all of the showers are hammering eastern Scotland and we are getting virtually nowt.

I hope that shower hits me....you've had more snow than me this year (by a considerable degree).

HI all!

Staying up wth wine & slippers to observe this rare event! Temp 1.7 C here in Cardiff (altitude 90m) pressure droppping steadily to 974mB, wind pickig up to around 10mph (letterbox flapping!). Watching precip radar, appears to be slow progress with patches of heavy precipitation. I sense less movement north and heavier downfalls. Less convectional warming?? Anyhoo - temp holding at 1.7 awaiting precipitation!!!!!

Posted
yesssssssss god dam bbc weather changed dramatically within half an hour it looks like it will strugle to even reach me now before it fizzles out nooooooooooooooooooo

I never saw the BBC forecast are you sure?

Posted

Chang ein beeb forecast is reflective of the updated 18z fax charts that have the front stalled over S.Midlands and East anglia which is where it stays according to that run, which i must admit I'm actually happy about because it also raises my chance sof getting some decent snowfall.

Don't like that dry slot that is developing mind you inbetween the two bands at the moment, just hoe it doesn't get any larger but you can now see the warm front ahead of the Occ. front quite clearly, both should have snow on it hopefully....hopefully!

Edited by kold weather

Posted

It's all going pear shaped.

Don't think midlands will see any snow, just rain.

Conspiracy theory?? BBC Theory??

Usual anti-climax?

Posted

dont listen to the bbc this is why;

Headline:

Overnight, snow showers towards the coast. Widespread frost.

This Evening and Tonight:

Snow showers will move off the North Sea giving local significant accumulations. Otherwise dry, clear at first but cloud increasing later. Widespread frost and freezing fog patches inland.

Thursday:

Cloudy. Outbreaks of mainly light sleet and snow, mostly affecting the south of the region, wintry showers developing in the north later. Cold in a moderate easterly wind.

Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

Friday, cold, mostly cloudy with further outbreaks of rain, sleet or snow. Weekend, further rain, sleet, hill snow, accompanied by strong easterly winds at times, but a little less cold.

And i have had no showers 2nite at all.

Another thing to note an easterly brisk winds with snow, but feeling less cold! they dont have a swearing is not big or clevering clue!!!

Posted

Looks like things starting to happen in west country then what with dogs32 in cheltenham.Think i best go ave another look out me window

Keep us updated dogs if your ere for the long haul

Richard Anguin was spot on then for are area he said about Midnight.Hope hes also correct on snow depths to between 8 and 10 cm for some lol

Edited by mathall1

Posted

Very heavy rain with a little sleet mixed in the heavist of the rain now on top of me but temps still holding at 2c but now the winds are really getting up very strong gusts making it feel alot colder..

heads up it on its way to you

lol kaz

Posted
It's all going pear shaped.

Don't think midlands will see any snow, just rain.

Conspiracy theory?? BBC Theory??

Usual anti-climax?

o wow this could be bad!

Posted

Latest BBC forecast is an absolute shocker for everyone! Southern England (mainly central southern) will see snow, but with much higher than expected temperatures, and with the precipitation fizzing out by midday tomorrow, hardly even reaching the mindlands (if at all).

The BBC forecast took a massive MASSIVE turn for the worse in the space of 30 minutes.

This is quickly turning into a poor (at best) event for everyone unless this forecast is totally wrong.

Posted

ye the snow is strugling to make it into the south midlands at 9.00am fizzles out before 12.00pm god dam noooooooooooo this cant be happening to me watch the next bbc 24 forecast the stupid idiots

Posted
Chang ein beeb forecast is reflective of the updated 18z fax charts that have the front stalled over S.Midlands and East anglia which is where it stays according to that run, which i must admit I'm actually happy about because it also raises my chance sof getting some decent snowfall.

Your ignoring the fact Kold that temps are rocketing over Ireland.

This air is on its way to you.

I doubt if anywhere will see snow