Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 5

Nick F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in Winter, sunny in Summer :-)
Anyone down in Devon / on Exmoor with any snow reports

Nothing much doing here in North Devon..the odd flake....still 2 oC.......depressing.. :)

Posted

I wouldn't worry about the slight temp rises that are occuring right now, I'd take a guess that the comob of cloud cover increasing+ increase of wind+ shift to a more general easterly direction may well be slightly rising the temps but I'll be suprsied if the temps don't drop again.

Intrestingly the front is still looking quite potent as it reaches Cornwall, as Nick said before her eits just rain but that was expected, the beeb forecast progs it to turn more to snow later tonight around 12-4am as it heads deeper and deeper into the cold air. Intrestingly the strong burst is close to where i think the center of the wav is, the models prog this to head just north of east across S.England so this is where the strongest precip may be, though will it be snow for that area?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind
Tempeture is now dropping its 3.3C So begins the chance for snow. Thought it was all over when the tempetures were rising earlier.
<BR>Tempeture is now dropping its 3.3C So begins the chance for snow. Thought it was all over when the tempetures were rising earlier.<BR>
<BR>Hi Kippure,<BR><BR>It is really on a knife edge now. 3.2C for me and there was slight drizzle earlier.<BR>We need further drops.<BR><BR><BR>

Posted
The Meto radar seems to think I have precip here (just to the right and marginally inland along the coast from the Gower Peninsula. I'm apparently in the blue zone.

The Meto radar is actually lying about that - there's no precipitation here. Just thought I'd mention that.

there is VERY slight precipitation crimsone. I just looked when a neighbours security light came on. A few flakes blowing in the wind. Very hard to see in the gusty wind.

Give it another hour or so.

Posted
Evening Mondy. Yes we have had light snow here for about an hour now which has just started to turn heavier. I am however willing to sacrifice the dumping that southern parts will receive overnight if only to read their excited posts! You can't really deny them it can you? However, I will be most miffed if Saturday doesn't come up trumps for us. Looking good so far though and let's hope the next few outputs back this up. :)

Blitzen.

Saturday, have you seen the fax charts? The low is now in the channel :wallbash:

Although, that means the cold air hangs on for longer and more showers if you are in the east..

I'm watching tonights showers closely, they may make it through to here with the cold temperatures interacting with the warm sea leading to a streamer. Glasgow should get some snow but whether or not it will make it this far south will be the question..

Posted

I was concencerned a bit earlier cause i been on 0 c for hrs.And i was expecting it to drop to about -2 or 3.Anyway temps not gone up from 0 c and looking so far so good.Aint doin much currently just calm cold and cloudy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.
nw xtra radar really strugling too not responding to zoom in and not updating

im having the very same problem atm. massive amounts of traffic i guess :s it is filtering through for me eventually though..

Posted

-2C here, shouldn't be any more than 0C tomorrow morning when snow is due. Looks as if it will coincide with the rush hour so not good news for motorists, but us snow lovers are happy.

BBC forecast is very nice for us, but I fear it may be a little too optimistic.

When will we have a clearer idea of which areas will be worst affected?

Posted
Nothing much doing here in North Devon..the odd flake....still 2 oC.......depressing.. :)

where in devon are you my boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

Thanks for the replies from Devon, sorry to hear it's mainly rain. Travelled to Bideford yesterday and was lucky enough to drive in a little light snow on the North Devon link road. Hope that's not my lot for the winter.

Posted
Sledge for you would be my guess

Maybe later, hate when it rains before it snows.... i guess...time will tell...was hoping to get to work late tomorrow and blame the snow...been watching the match....how lucky was that ..94th minute.. :)

Edited by kippure

Posted
Hi Kippure,

It is really on a knife edge now. 3.2C for me and there was slight drizzle earlier.

We need further drops.

Hi John, where in Dublin are you? Knife edge in various parts of Dublin it would seem :)

Posted

Steve, yeah a litte worrying, however note that the SE still has around -3/4C quite widely, even me near the thames is at -2C right now and dropping. Given the airflow is going to drag up air from the SE I should expect that this will cause the tmeps to drop away as this air is advected NW by the developing low pressure system.

As steve said, give it another few hours, SE temps holding down quite nicely which is a good thing for the rest of the country.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Wow, BBC and Meto have snow for me from midady tommorow through to saturday, though i think that i will back the GFS on this one.

Still -1C with a dewpoint of -4C.

Posted
Is South Wales still looking ok? There seems to be lots of reports of rising temps. Has is all gone pear shaped?

Im in west country and still looking good no rise in temp or drop in temp staying at 0 c