IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 5

Nick F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Is the forum / site stuggling?

I keep getting...

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

Anyone else?

May be someone could let Paul know!

Hardly surprising with 539 people online!

Posted
Is the forum / site stuggling?

I keep getting...

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

Anyone else?

May be someone could let Paul know!

I'm getting that occassionally too.. :whistling:

Posted

Yeah seems like this event is pushing this site to its limits, just shows how many people are veiwing this set-up.

Temps here don't appear to have rised at all so far, some places are seeing a slight rise, esp further west but I'd guess this is not going to last long and may be because dof the winds turning more easterly picking up a slightly more modificated airflow for a time.

Still some really potent bursts in there at the moment, a couple of 16-32mm returns in there which would result in some very heavy snowfall if similar totals are recorded. Eastern half of the system looks a little weaker but it should strengthen a little more as time goes along and the wave develops further into a weak LP.

Posted

Yes - I'm getting it too - great timing. Sometimes refreshing it is causing a link to be displayed in text for the page I'm attempting to see. Refreshing that is causing my browser to refresh rapidly, making a sound like a machine (or a bycycle wheel clacker) in the process. CTRL-ALT-DEL puts an end to it though :whistling: No harm.

Edited by crimsone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
Still the snow falls here. Watched a great clump earlier over the North Sea heading towards the Forth.

It really did live up to its expectation.

Try and a get photo or two soon, although the the flash on the digi cam appears goosed :whistling:

Evening Mondy. Yes we have had light snow here for about an hour now which has just started to turn heavier. I am however willing to sacrifice the dumping that southern parts will receive overnight if only to read their excited posts! You can't really deny them it can you? However, I will be most miffed if Saturday doesn't come up trumps for us. Looking good so far though and let's hope the next few outputs back this up. :)

Blitzen.

Edited by Blitzen

Posted

meto radar showing slight precipitation over me now, but as I type, nothing falling.

wind has REALLY picked up,some real hefty gusts about 5 minutes ago.

Posted

The Meto radar seems to think I have precip here (just to the right and marginally inland along the coast from the Gower Peninsula. I'm apparently in the blue zone.

The Meto radar is actually lying about that - there's no precipitation here. Just thought I'd mention that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

Anyone down in Devon / on Exmoor with any snow reports

Posted

nw xtra radar really strugling too not responding to zoom in and not updating

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, inc Snow and Wind

The front seems to have slowed according to the latest met office radar. Has harldy moved at all between 20:30 and 21:00. Hopefully will alow it to get a little colder here before the PPN arives. Not that I am expecting snow, but I can still hope!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind
Tempeture is now dropping its 3.3C So begins the chance for snow. Thought it was all over when the tempetures were rising earlier.

Hi Kippure,

It is really on a knife edge now. 3.2C for me and there was slight drizzle earlier.

We need further drops.

Posted

current temp 0.0 c here in Bath very cloudy may see somthing soon tiz very cold with frost from the night before still on the ground.Could be a good night i fully intend to stay up as long as i can to keep a eye on how this plans out

Posted
Try and a get photo or two soon, although the the flash on the digi cam appears goosed :)

What make is the camera, Mondy? Sometimes they develop minds of their own!

Regards,

Mike

Edited by Winston