Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 6

Posted
What a bizarre night! Shuffled off to bed around 2.15am with the sound of rain falling, got up just now as I could hear one of the dogs shuffling and a beautiful scene outside with a blanket of snow, all I need now is for santa to arrive! :yahoo:

:unknw: sweet

Posted
Steve M how long do you think before i get it here ?

Bit off topic but i got a new german shepherd puppy a few weeks ago so i now have 2 german shepherds 11wks and 2y old and the 2 yr old is called ice cos she is white and my new addition i have name storm as he is a black and silver so i have a ice,storm he all the time now

Sorry just me going on

Regards

Michesnowsbest

Well the light stuffs not that far off from you. but the heavier stuff (which im in at mo) be a couple of hours away at most.

Currently very windy.. driving snow.. and er WICKED :unknw:

Posted
And then we have a return of the Atlantic. The BBC forecaster said there wont be a reload of the cold till the middle of March. :unknw:

Which BBC forecaster said that?

I can add them to the lovebirds

<<<

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted

Nice thin covering here. Things looked good when I went to bed at 1.30am so I decided to set my alarm for 4am – glad I did now! May upload a few pics later.

:unknw:

I really want the stall now, because im getting a leedle bit close to the back edge of my very productive band of snow. Still lots pouring down right now though.

Happy now my friend........ :yahoo:

I am rather glad the sweet spot was Oxford........ :unknw:

Lets hope it stalls about now...........

S

Posted

<<<

Whoever said that is seriously p*ssing me off now.

We are in a very complex and uncertain situation at the moment with the modelling of the jet and the tropospheric PV. A small oscillation of the jet axis either way or movement of the polar-air mass eastward\westward could make or break our chances for Feb.

Posted
They don't know that yet. Too much uncertainty. UKMO shows pressure building to our north significantly on the 10th of Feb.

Yeh, that's what I thought P.P. I thought at the time they were being a bit presumptious with that statement. I thought things were looking quite promising for the second half of Feb.

Edited by grab my graupels

Posted

Snowin quite nicely here in Flintshire (North east wales) started about 15mins ago, and already the place is turning white. :unknw:

Posted
Yeh, that's what I thought P.P. I thought at the time the were being a presumptious with

that statement. I thought things were looking quite promising for the second half of Feb.

Who was the forecaster?

Posted

:yahoo: Well it's here! Got up at 04.00am and everything is white and the snow is still quite heavy, my kids are going to love it!! :unknw:

The journey to work will be interesting...........luckily i'm only half a mile from the busy dual carriageway i need for work, fingers crossed.

Posted

Well all the wait is finally producing snow! and lots of it.

I guess everyone is watching the reds on the radar, but looks like they are too far east for me here in surrey!

Whoever gets that is going to get a total pasting!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Posted

Happy now my friend........ :lol:

I am rather glad the sweet spot was Oxford........ :unknw:

Lets hope it stalls about now...........

S

moderate snow,started about 4 am. i do hope it does indeed stall steve. :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

currently snowing here, very slight at the moment but itll pick up soon seems to be melting as it hits ground which is odd as the ground is below freezing

edit: actually it is settling, its a combination of the low light ans the fact the flakes are tiny at the moment

Posted

<<<

Rob Mc thingy,

They were discussing this winter, and how the second half is going as expected regarding the cold, he then went on to say we would see a return to milder conditions next week, but

won't see any wintery conditions until the middle of March.

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
Nice thin covering here. Things looked good when I went to bed at 1.30am so I decided to set my alarm for 4am – glad I did now! May upload a few pics later.

Ha! Another Putneyite.....yup, I've got a bit under 2cm here, and it's still falling steadily, if not very heavily. Temp has dropped back to freezing, too, and it's settling now on the pavements and even the gritted road.

Edited by osmposm

Posted
Rob Mc thingy,

They were discussing this winter, and how the second half is going as expected regarding the cold, he then went on to say we would see a return to milder conditions next week, but

won't see any wintery conditions until the middle of March.

TRAITOR!!!! TRAITOR!!!

HE HAS TURNED TO THE MILD SIDE! FOR THIS....HE MUST DIE!