Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 6

Posted

Everything seems to be going to Plan, I dont see why some members on this forum, especially the N-W Forecasters are predicting this to shift East. It's taking it's time, and it's going to shift NE/ENE....

Posted

Just watching the latest News 24 forecast and must admit to being annoyed at some of the comments on it.

The general forecast is still the same Snow moving N to cover a majority of Midlands and E Anglia. If you are going to comment on a media forecast could you please refer to what it actually says!!.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Ramping is overrated now :unknw: The uk is becoming predictabe.. Just do the opposite of what the charts say and your 99.9% safe! that 00.1% is just the lucky get who managed to find the snow / storm..

Posted
Everything seems to be going to Plan, I dont see why some members on this forum, especially the N-W Forecasters are predicting this to shift East. It's taking it's time, and it's going to shift NE/ENE....

Exactly. I dont see a reason why people are stressing for

Posted

Stressing is what we all do best! :unknw::unknw::D:D:nea::nea: :nea: :nea: :nea: :nea:

Posted
Ramping is overrated now :unknw: The uk is becoming predictabe.. Just do the opposite of what the charts say and your 99.9% safe! that 00.1% is just the lucky get who managed to find the snow / storm..

seriously just shut up. Sorry but your just very annoying. Did you just watch the latest bbc forecast. Do you think you know more than them???? Yeah mayeb rather than there being a layer of snow everywhere itll instead be hot and sunny

Posted

Plan yes and we iz goin to get wolloped...... and people are worrying too much.......let this be the land of white and powder and good thoughts for all, plus its still -2.5c here and dewpoint -5c

Posted

It will shift more northwards but only after its finished its pivoting which is still going on now Glenn, I think this front may have a hard time sustaining itself as it tries to drive intothe colder air and it'll probably start to decay as it pushes north into the Midlands but you are right its just tkaing its time it'll get there in the end I suspect, in what state though is the question!

By the way, anyone in S.Wales right now, what is that band giving, because the front edge is quite potent in that area. Also good news that the second front has caught up with the first front as it too is now tilting like the first one did a coupe of hours ago.

(ps, everyone calm down, lets try and not make this place unhappy.)

Edited by kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
I love your positive attitude mate. It's what is needed more in these forums, and you proved that to me yesterday when I started moaning too much.

I am confident that a healthy dose of people in southern central england and the west\east midlands will see some snow out of this.

Thanks mate :unknw: I can fully understand peoples frustrations and downhearted ness when things look to be going wrong, because I have been the same in the past... But what I cant understand is when the GFS have predicted the PPN to be where it is now and then move north eastwards quicker towards the midlands after midnight - 6am then why are people calling it game over already? The latest radar image looks brilliant now and it has defanitly pepped up in half an hour. One slight change in forecast by Rob Mcelwee and all of a sudden people are on the verge of phoning the samaritans, I think some people need to be patient and wait until tomorrow night to say whether it was a let-down or not.

Which in my opinion it wont be a let-down.

Posted

rob mcelwe just said as it moves through the midlands it will lose its intensity, im just north west of birmingham and by the time its reached there its in patches!! sureley you can understand why im annoyed especially when earlier the snow was covering the whole of the midlands by 9.00am

Posted
seriously just shut up. Sorry but your just very annoying. Did you just watch the latest bbc forecast. Do you think you know more than them???? Yeah mayeb rather than there being a layer of snow everywhere itll instead be hot and sunny

Ohh yeah hot and sunny! infact that would be nice.. Considering teh BBC were forcasting -60 the other day I hardly would listen to a frikking word they say!

So stfu

Posted

i am polish living in tamworth 3y. was walking home from pub england game temp s -2 and me say is no snow here in the morning maybe to far northh for snow? sorry for bad english.

Posted

Kold a member in Cardiff in the last thread said it was snowing if thats any help!

Posted

Kold we have light sleet flurries currently.Im not quite south wales but im west country.Thought id post give u some idea what this band in S Wales is giving.I ll have another check in half hr see if it heavier

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

It's oncourse as predicted by the MET Office. Those of you who keep complaining just be a little patient hey! :unknw:

I'm pretty sure your gonna see snow in the west midlands. :unknw: probably starting anout 4am at this pace, although the precipitation has picked up pace in the last 30mins according to the MET radar. Probably down to the band encroaching into the lowest temeratures. You have also got to take into account the anti clockwise rotation of the low pressure center, the front will look like it's going to twist back on itself and give the appearance that it's stalling. The london area up through towards my location should be watching the band coming from the nothern france coast. Thats where our snow will come from lateron tonight into tommorrow morning. :D

Posted

My Word is Final! :unknw:

If you live near me, you will get snow, maybe not much, maybe not settling but you will get snow guarenteed.

There are too few of us positive people on here, remain positive, till the very end! :unknw:

Right its well past my bedtime, goodnight everyone, enjoy the snow ive ordered you :D

Posted

Don't know why people are stressing. It seems to be going pretty much as forecast. The front may be moving slightly different to exactly the way shown earlier but that doesn't change the basic theme. Still -5 here, slight breeze negligible, wispy cloud,

Posted
Just watching the latest News 24 forecast and must admit to being annoyed at some of the comments on it.

The general forecast is still the same Snow moving N to cover a majority of Midlands and E Anglia. If you are going to comment on a media forecast could you please refer to what it actually says!!.

Morning

Whats your take on the NW radar then. The main band seems stuck around Hereford, and is breaking up, also shows little signs of any Northern progress. I think that is what is concerning a lot of people in the Midlands

just to clarify my position here-

looking at the radar returns from 1130 through 1230 the inflection point looks to around Cardiff-

Areas WEST of here will see little further northwards migration of the Front-

On the EASTERN side PPn is still building steady & taking a ENE trajectory- I still think though the initial prognosis looks to far north- but we will see that devlop over the next 2 or 3 hours-

Rain being reported in the SW as expected- temperatures slightly higher than originally progged- but Im sure you will keep highlighting that one richard- ;)

Posters along the frontal Boundry keep us informed as the PPN type- should be seeing some decent snow now-

As for the echoes over Cherbourg send them this way.............

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted
Ohh yeah hot and sunny! infact that would be nice.. Considering teh BBC were forcasting -60 the other day I hardly would listen to a frikking word they say!

So stfu

mods please kicik this guy. Hes deliberately antagonising people, ands not talking sense.

Posted
By the way, anyone in S.Wales right now, what is that band giving, because the front edge is quite potent in that area. Also good news that the second front has caught up with the first front as it too is now tilting like the first one did a coupe of hours ago.

(ps, everyone calm down, lets try and not make this place unhappy.)

It's driving in the wind KW - I can clearly see it (and the dusting on the road) against the streetlight on the bottom of my street about 100 yards away.

It's coming down well here, and sticking fast. If it keeps at this rate, I'd be expecting at least a few inches by morning, and as I say, I'm at 89m asl, and abount 2-3 miles inland with a direct view of the sea.

It's looking pretty good at the moment from where I'm sitting.

Edited by crimsone

Posted

A respectable weather site is reporting light snow in Bristol area. (Not Metcheck)

This is not the heavy stuff we were expecting. !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Can someone tell me how this PPN is dying out and not moving north east? Thats total rubbish in my opnion.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Either I need glasses or I'm right.