Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 6

Posted
Thats incredible. Its not even on the radar, or nothing more than miniscule dots. If you live in sedgeley as your profile thing says

Hes in Cardiff!! That where the snow is based on that post!!

Posted

Even my wee Angie up North says wee should jump on a plane and head for the Midlands

:lol:

Edited by CatchMyDrift
Deleted BBC images: breach of copyright

Posted
Even my wee Angie up North says wee should jump on a plane and head for the Midlands

I prefer Helen.

(Sadly, I think she is married)

:wacko:

Edited by CatchMyDrift
Removed BBC images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
I prefer Helen.

(Sadly, I think she is married)

Kiss of death you would say PP:

From the Meto website for NE England:

This evening and tonight:

Snow showers will move off the North Sea giving local significant accumulations.

What do you think?

Also regarding snow further south just refreshed the met office web page and this appeared, just new I think:

Weather report

Rain over south-west England but snow expected further east.

At 7pm this evening we have seen mostly rain across the far south-west of England, with any snow mostly over the Moors where it will also turn to rain. However, snow will begin to fall across the Westcountry, south and west Wales, leaving a covering in many places. The snow spreading further inland overnight, with significant accumulations and drifting bringing local disruption.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_...st_weather.html

Edited by multi cellular thunderstorm

Posted

Im slightly concerned by the nw radar right now, not because of the movement, but because a split in the main areas of ppn seems to have occured in the area heading for the south and east midlands. Im hoping the showers will pep up again big time, but slightly disturbing. All the purples and greens and yellows in that area have gone to be replaced by light blues. Not necessariy a problem, but im not sure to what extent that area of ppn can pep up again

Posted
I've just clasped my eyes on those echoes in the channel! Dewpoints marginal here and temps of 2C although peeps reporting drops in both as the front approaches - fascinating.

Hi it'd be useful if you say which town/village you are from in Kent. If you are on the eastern coast the easterly wind off the Dover Straits may be keeping your temps slightly higher than further inland. Currently 1.0C here.

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
i am polish living in tamworth 3y. was walking home from pub england game temp s -2 and me say is no snow here in the morning maybe to far northh for snow? sorry for bad english.

Nonsense, my friend. Your English is better - and even better spelt - than some of the incomprehensible blabber on here in the last few hours. Some people could benefit from use of the 'Preview Post' facility from time to time: think more and write less! :whistling:

Back to the matter in hand, I'm glad to report that after rising to +2.2C at one point, the temp here in SW London seems to be heading back down again a little: currently steady at +1.6. Breeze is beginning to pick up, too.

I am hopeful for events from around 3 or 3.30 am, with something heavier moving in by 5.

Posted

how come other people can post weather pics up without a risk of copyright? Never understood that!

Anyway precip band gettin further north!

Posted
Hi Matty where did you see this ? do you have a link please or steve

Manythanks

Michesnowsbest

If you go to page 4 of this thread mate the image is in reply #61. :whistling:

Its an image of the Radar from NW Extra.

Regards.

Posted

Im off to bed for a few hrs but I have just been studying the Sat/radar animation and im changing my mind!.

I actually think the snow shall move N to affect all areas of the Midlands/ E Anglia but the intensity of this snowfall once it reaches my location is questionable. My best guess would be around +10cm for S Midlands but by the time ir reaches Norfolk,Cambs,Northants,Leicestershire I think around 3-5cm is more likely. I also would add that this snowfall could be localised though because some regions in a heavier burst could see these amounts in a very short space of time whereas if your unlucky you could only see a dusting!.

Posted
Holy S**t, my user name has come to reality. STRONG WINDS !! + Snow in Bristol

BristolBlizzard!!

That's pretty awesome.

Enjoy it....you lucky so and so.

:whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
Please do not add BBC images into posts. As far as we can tell these are copywritten images and as such it is illegal to post them. Links are absolutely fine, direct BBC images are not.

I may be wrong, but it is best not to risk it :clap: (can anyone back me up here?)

Here you go CMD:

Linking to BBC Weather

BBC material is copyright. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use BBC content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. By using BBC websites, you also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any BBC content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of BBC content requires the prior written permission of the BBC.

If you would like to link to BBC Weather from your own website, please read our BBC Terms and Conditions.

Does that include that text I just copied :whistling: