Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 6

Posted
O I just had a look, round the coast Abedeen gettin sleet while few miles inland heavy snow showers. I'm expectin thats how it will play out round the east of n. ire later.

Heaviest snow always to the west

Actually a very good few miles inland more than normal until the rain\sleet turns to snow in Aberdeenshire. This is not normal. Seems like an enhanced warming effect from the SST's, stronger onshore breeze or partly down to some warmer air mixed-in aloft.

Posted

Its oh so c;lose to oxford now. Looks like its pepping up at least to the south and east. Some of the heavier stuff might come my way. My local radar feature isnt working right now though. Wind speed has leapt from 5mph to variable gusts between 7mph and 25mph. And pressure is falling rapidly. And even the temp has dropped off, down to 1.1C a few moments ago, though back up a bit now. Wavering around there though.

Posted

Just started snowing here in hereford. Current temperature is now down to 0.9c...down from 1.1c half an hour ago...dew point is still -2.5c. Good times!!

surfs up

Posted
Posted

Belive it or not local weather actually explained it earlier. The sea effect with winds comin off the sea keepin the temp up that will give sleet to eastern areas and heavy snow inland/west

Posted

Steve M sorry to bother you but in the last hour our temp was 2.2 and dew point was -2.3 the temp is now starting to drop again and is currently at 2.0 and dew point is still -2.3 is this still favourable for me here

looking on the 02.30 radar it seems like it will be knocking on my door very soon do you think this will be rain or a bit of the white stuff

Regards

Michesnowsbest

Posted
Just started snowing here in hereford. Current temperature is now down to 0.9c...down from 1.1c half an hour ago...dew point is still -2.5c. Good times!!

surfs up

Judging by this herefor focused radar, it should have started snowing for you ages ago

http://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/subs/hiradarzoom2.pl?map=;xtime=02:35;sx=;sy=;xw=;yw=;places=1;sharp=;postcode=HR1 2PJ;pcz=y;actime=;prec=;scale=://http://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi...e=;prec=;scale=://http://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi...e=;prec=;scale=://http://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi...e=;prec=;scale=

Edited by wellington boot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

This is agonising, I'm not expecting any PPN to reach me till around 6am, IF it reaches this far. It's just that it seems to be edging closer and closer...But yet so far because if this stall in the next 3 hours, it could make or break this event for me. If it stalls so it's over me for much of the day then it could be the best snow I have saw for 6 years, and if it goes wrong it could be the biggest let down I have ever saw in my life (what with all the talk of my area getting anything from 5-15cm) :ph34r:

Posted

surfs up

sweet. How far south is Hereford or is it round the Midlands area?

Steve M sorry to bother you but in the last hour our temp was 2.2 and dew point was -2.3 the temp is now starting to drop again and is currently at 2.0 and dew point is still -2.3 is this still favourable for me here

looking on the 02.30 radar it seems like it will be knocking on my door very soon do you think this will be rain or a bit of the white stuff

Regards

Michesnowsbest

Snow-

Watch that temp drop.....

S

Posted

Regards

Michesnowsbest

Im not Steve but your conditions are still very much favourable for snow, i really can't see you getting rain. Your DP is below freezing which is perfect and if you say your temp is dropping aswell then its game on my friend! :ph34r:

Regards.

Lol Steve beat me to it by seconds!

Edited by Matty J

Posted
Tis snowing in Reading and settling nicely :)

and your top half of the premiership. Rub it in why dont you lol. Only jk good stuff :ph34r:

Posted

Snow-

Watch that temp drop.....

S

Many thanks will be keeping a close eye on the temp over the next hour

Regards

Michesnowsbest

oops sorry posted twice

Edited by michesnowsbest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

It's been snowing steadily here for the past couple of hours but the flakes are so small we've hardly got a cm. The local forecast for here was for up to 10cm, I know there are lots of variations in local depths but being quite high up for the area I though it would be more by now. Have they seriously over-estimated or is there a much heavier bout due here sometime?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Tis snowing in Reading and settling nicely :ph34r:

If its snowing in Reading now then the PPN band must be steadily moving north east now. Which is good news! I'm still very nervous though, pleaaseeeee reach me!

Posted
sweet. How far south is Hereford or is it round the Midlands area?

Its in the south Midlands, perhaps 40 miles south of Birmingham

Posted

thing about this whole frontal system is that its looking very narrow now. Sure it extends back a long way, but most of it is very light blue, and we all know how often under light blues, it is not even precipitating. I really need some of the stuff coming behind the main bulk to pep up a bit. And also for the front to stall fairly soon. Sorry Andy...(dont know why im apologising as its probably more likely it will stall over you!)

Still not snowign though. temp 1.5C dewpoint -2.8/9. winds 11mph or thereabouts on average.

Posted

Big fat flakes just started to fall - yippee, can't see myself going to bed now :ph34r: Am in Pirbright, nr Guildford.