Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 6

Posted
dsc00135fh0.jpg

heres one more! isnt it glorious? i dont think were gonna see more than 2cms tho, its already dissipating and non existent on the coast...

Do you care -- its snow and by your pic drivin snow as well. Happy days :lol:

Posted
At work, listening to people complain and watching the radar and lamposts at the same time....Women are great at multi tasking!!! Hoping that we will see some of the white stuff by 4am - thats when I get my break. What do you guys think? I am in Belfast city center. Cheers :lol:

You may get lucky. In the Republic the rain is falling as snow increasingly now across inland areas as far south as Carlow :lol:

dsc00135fh0.jpg

heres one more! isnt it glorious? i dont think were gonna see more than 2cms tho, its already dissipating and non existent on the coast...

Nice pic mate. Im so jealous!

Posted
You may get lucky. In the Republic the rain is falling as snow increasingly now across inland areas as far south as Carlow :lol:

where are u getting that info from Darkman? Has anything reached your area yet?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Im impressed with the 2am Echoes on the radr-

next hour should be the 'tell' in terms of whether snow will be widespread.............

Lets hope so folks..........

S

Steve I tried but I just cant get to sleep mate! I cant stop thinking about if I will get snow or not, had to come on and check the latest radar and it looks decent.

With you being somewhat much more knowledgable than me, do you think the snow band will now not reach anywhere north of the south midlands? I still think it will reach far enough as Leicester where I am, what are your views on this?

Posted

Nice pic mate. Im so jealous!

Please don't get my hopes up...Was just listening to a guy complaining abut football and he asked me a question. Didn't have a clue what he had said...was to busy measuring distances on the radar. lol - Yes we provide a wonderful service here at the BBC. :lol:

Posted
At work, listening to people complain and watching the radar and lamposts at the same time....Women are great at multi tasking!!! Hoping that we will see some of the white stuff by 4am - thats when I get my break. What do you guys think? I am in Belfast city center. Cheers :lol:

Ballybabe just for you - Expect showers to feed in infront of the main band in the next 2 hours.

viewimageca90cw05xc9.png

Posted

Steve I tried but I just cant get to sleep mate! I cant stop thinking about if I will get snow or not, had to come on and check the latest radar and it looks decent.

With you being somewhat much more knowledgable than me, do you think the snow band will now not reach anywhere north of the south midlands? I still think it will reach far enough as Leicester where I am, what are your views on this?

Still looks touch & go-

Eyes down on that 230 radar return-

It looked good for Leicester- but you never know when she will give up...........

S

Posted

I've been asleep and woken up again just to look for the snow, how sad is that! You'd have thought at my age that I might have a slightly more measured approach to the forthcoming event (or is that non event?). :lol:

I gather from reading the last few posts that the outlook is not as favourable for heaps of snow as it was earlier this evening?

Posted

I feel REALLY bad for people in Aberdeen right now. They have been getting battered by north-sea showers for some hours now, and almost all of them have been of sleet\rain.

Meanwhile in Perth, there has been a considerable amount of snow.

Posted
I feel REALLY bad for people in Aberdeen right now. They have been getting battered by north-sea showers for some hours now, and almost all of them have been of sleet\rain.

Meanwhile in Perth, there has been a considerable amount of snow.

how far is Perth from Aberdeen?

Posted
how far is Perth from Aberdeen?

Don't know....I'm just using the net-weather extra radar and looking at the Aberdeen webcam for evidence.

It is a good few miles south-east down the coast.

Posted

Still looks touch & go-

It looked good for Leicester- but you never know when she will give up...........

S

Thanks Steve, much appreciated :lol: I hate it when its this close to happening but you just don't know if its going to stall about 10 miles south of me, its times like this when you need to sleep but you just cant until you see that it has finally reached you! Very nerve wracking :lol:

Posted

Still looks touch & go-

S

never mind leics, what about us here in b'heath and plumstead :lol:

Posted
where are u getting that info from Darkman? Has anything reached your area yet?

Boards.ie

In the weather section. If its snowing in Carlow, its snowing through the midlands. However still variables. It does not nessecarilly translate into good news for anywhere else :ph34r:

Posted
Don't know....I'm just using the net-weather extra radar and looking at the Aberdeen webcam for evidence.

It is a good few miles south-east down the coast.

O I just had a look, round the coast Abedeen gettin sleet while few miles inland heavy snow showers. I'm expectin thats how it will play out round the east of n. ire later.

Heaviest snow always to the west

Posted

Ok deep breath! 2:30 radar still looking alright for me, I wont get excited until it starts snowing though, my blood pressure must be through the roof!

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
the earlier snow alert was unfounded and I have put it down to ash. The wind has got up here now so that is a good sign..........isn't it?

Hi Pickles

You are about three miles down the road fom me, according to the radar (postcode zoom) it should be snowing now but despite being cloudy and breezy nothing is happening as of yet. (Although we don't have street lights here so I have to keep going outside to check!)

Edit: I take that back, according to the radar now all signs of cloud have disappeared in the last 2 minutes :ph34r:

Edited by Daisy

Thanks Steve, much appreciated :) I hate it when its this close to happening but you just don't know if its going to stall about 10 miles south of me, its times like this when you need to sleep but you just cant until you see that it has finally reached you! Very nerve wracking :ph34r:

Another good radar return for you Andy at 230-

The ppn in the South is gradually edging east as well.............

S