Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 6

Posted

Looks like Bristol Bath NE Somerset in for quite something till Thursday.Its nice when something goes as forecast.We dont really see a lot of snow every year.

Posted
To Terry G

Oh yeah baby - just opened the front doo to check the stat eof the hill - currently impassible!!!! - already a very significant snow event and only really just getting going. Temp now dropped to 0.6!!! precipitation heavy and pressure dropping significantly! (feels like minor front)

nice one

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Actually its a wel known fact that BBC recently made a forcast of " -60C. " The fact that i mentioned that was not to point out that they HAVE done it, It was to point out that BBC make really bad mistakes OFTEN! Thus , was trying to point out that we shouldnt pay to much attention to them!

Posted
To Terry G

Oh yeah baby - just opened the front doo to check the stat eof the hill - currently impassible!!!! - already a very significant snow event and only really just getting going. Temp now dropped to 0.6!!! precipitation heavy and pressure dropping significantly! (feels like minor front)

were r u located

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
Hahaha....You've got to laugh haven't you?

:lol:

Been there, done that, etc.

Hi PP

You think BBC will be right and we'll see showers in the morning?

06:00

09:00

We have every reason to be sceptical :wacko:

SORRY :wacko:

Edited by multi cellular thunderstorm
Please: No direct BBC images, this infringes their copyright, post a link only

Posted
Actually its a wel known fact that BBC recently made a forcast of " -60C. " The fact that i mentioned that was not to point out that they HAVE done it, It was to point out that BBC make really bad mistakes OFTEN! Thus , was trying to point out that we shouldnt pay to much attention to them!

Dude,stop whinging and just enjoy the weather (non?) event. It still looks good so chill out and try to annoy everyone less.

Posted

Thanks Kold, it definitely is good news. It's still going now, but the flakes are now more like powder, but of course, now that everythings dusted, I shouldn't imagine that would matter. I think it might be pretty much settled now (pending an unfortunate sleet shower in the middle of it or something! lol)

It does look good for everbody else in the "hit zone" too though.

You know, I could go to bed now, satisfied that I've not only seen falling snow, but I've seen a dusting on the ground (and everywhere else!). I'm not going to though, because I'd like to see how it turns out in the end out of interest!

Edited by crimsone

Posted
temperture 1.7 and rising

still cloudy in SE london

if temp goes up 1 more dc then no snow

still 1 or 2 hours to rain/sleet/snow arrives

Hi, I've got 0.9 deg - dew point of -4.8 and a RH of 65% with cloud cover here in N London.

to bed or not to bed, that is the question!!! :lol:

Posted
Its been coming down heavily the last 1 1/2 to 2 hours now. The rain that is. Fingers crossed ill wake up tomorrow and itll be the 1st of June, 22 degrees and im surrounded by beer. Btw my area was progged for heavy accumulating snow and we didnt get one solitary flake so dont count your chickens before u throw them on the pan. :lol:

Darkman, are you faring any better?

Just to add :lol: 8P :wacko: 8P :wacko: :wacko: 8P

Nothing is happening here atm. Its dry. Temperature of 3C dp -2.5C so marginal but I have not given it up yet. Its snowing in some other inland parts though like Loais.

Posted
Your correct WIB, temperatures are actually rising very slowly as expected. Now upto -2.1C from -4.4C 3 hours ago!!

Although temps should stay below freezing here til mid morning I suspect.

:wacko: Go to bed. All your doing is tormenting us members with utter twaddle. Excessive foolish talk from a crank :lol:

Mammatus

Temps here were falling , but are now stationary. As the ppn spreads in closer, the temps will take a tumble.

Posted

Temp is holding nice & steady at 0.5 with a dew of -4.3, front seems to be making little progress northwards, it is so close but feels like it will never get here lol.

Posted
Im goin be told off for this but since I took the plunge and got net weather radar I reckon u guys should as well. Shows the heavier precip movin up from south west now, Updates every 5 minutes not bad for a few quid

post-6398-1170897297_thumb.png

Nice radar image! :lol:

I did'nt realise the band was that wide or intense.

Steve, i now see the echo's over the cherbourg peninuslar that you mentioned, impressive stuff and given the current movement theres a good chance it will make its way in the S/E! :wacko:

Regards.

Posted
To Terry G

Thats incredible. Its not even on the radar, or nothing more than miniscule dots. If you live in sedgeley as your profile thing says

Posted

Precipatation should get heavier now right as the night gets later is that right.Snowing for last 30 mins now and its white.Wouldnt say a covering just cars grass etc

Posted
Nothing is happening here atm. Its dry. Temperature of 3C dp -2.5C so marginal but I have not given it up yet. Its snowing in some other inland parts though like Loais.

dry?? im in North Kildare and its been raining for over 2 hours :lol: Where abouts in Co. Dublin are you?

By the way how did you get the info about laois?

Edited by minus86BriJ

Posted
Nice radar image! :lol:

I did'nt realise the band was that wide or intense.

Steve, i now see the echo's over the cherbourg peninuslar that you mentioned, impressive stuff and given the current movement theres a good chance it will make its way in the S/E! :wacko:

Regards.

Hi Matty where did you see this ? do you have a link please or steve

Manythanks

Michesnowsbest