Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 6

Posted
sweet. How far south is Hereford or is it round the Midlands area?

South-west midlands about 45 minutes drive from where I live (near kidderminster) direction Wales!

Ops: Fender beat me to it!

Edited by Daisy

Posted

I'm getting slightly nervous about the temperatures to be honest. Upto -1.6C under cloud from a low of -3.8C about 10pm. A quick cautionary glance at xcweather shows prospects south of the M4, even at this early stage are rather grim.

I expect some snowfall in the next hour or so, I'll wait up for the first few flakes.

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted

Ye. Actually been snowing now for about half an hour...not as heavy as i expected but still time yet...lots of snow flakes flying around but not any real heavy snow fall. Hereford is in the west midlands SW of birmingham.Temp now 0.8c dropped from 1.1c 35mins ago.

surfs up

Posted
Ye. Actually been snowing now for about half an hour...not as heavy as i expected but still time yet...lots of snow flakes flying around but not any real heavy snow fall. Hereford is in the west midlands SW of birmingham.Temp now 0.8c dropped from 1.1c 35mins ago.

surfs up

How much you got lying now? 1cm\2cm?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
I'm getting slightly nervous about the temperatures to be honest. Upto -1.6C under cloud from a low of -3.8C about 10pm. A quick cautionary glance at xcweather shows prospects south of the M4, even at this early stage are rather grim.

I expect some snowfall in the next hour or so, I'll wait up for the first few flakes.

I wouldnt worry about the temp mate, -1.6 is fine and it was meant to rise to about -1 by 6am for our area, but not get above 1-2c all day so its perfect temperatures for snow really. I'm more worried about the PPN stalling south of me, that would be devastating, but if it does I wont throw a paddy and go mad like some of the guys on here were earlier. I will be truly gutted but there is nothing I can do about it if that happens. If the band reaches me though I shall be a very happy bunny.

Posted

Hereford is in the west midlands SW of birmingham. Thanks!!

Everythin is fallin in place with the Met/BBC prediction. Could be a fun day for you guys in central England!

Posted
Snowing in Galway atm.

While boards is down, are you going to give any further teasers as to why it might be worth staying up? :ph34r: Felix btw

Posted

Not even 1cm yet mate..Nothing really significant coming down...some nice flakes but its all just blowing around. Temp now down to 0.7c. Anyone from worcester,gloucester,west mids having it any different?

surfs up

Posted
Not even 1cm yet mate..Nothing really significant coming down...some nice flakes but its all just blowing around. Temp now down to 0.7c. Anyone from worcester,gloucester,west mids having it any different?

surfs up

Just started snowing, but quite small flakes, blowing around quite fast. I don't care how much we get. This is the first snow I've seen this winte.....sooooo excited! :rolleyes:

Posted

Woohoo!!! SNOW!! Opened my window and was hit in the face with barrage of big wet snow flakes. Wet, but settling on everything very fast. Blowing moderately heavy snow on top of me for the moment!!

Posted

I think its a case of get the snow first and then worry about how much. Once it starts it could snow for many hours

Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

3am radar looks decent still from a personal point of view, I think there is some serious ana-prop going on tonight with all the radars, the meteo one keeps going haywire, the met-office one shows moderate-heavy snow over worcester but people are reporting lightish snow, and earlier on this evening around 10pm I had a big blob of heavy PPN over my area and it was clear sky, I feel that the band is actually further south and lighter than its showing up as.

Posted

There you go, exactly as the radar shows. Nest stop Birmingham, Wolverhampton and the Black Country

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Steve, is it going to get any heavier than it is now?