Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 6

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Can report heavy snow being blown about on a blustery easterly wind here now, about 0.5 - 1cm in 10 mins so far :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Extremes!

Managed to wake up at the third attempt of dreaming to wake up

Snowing in N London.

It's windy too, so I'm going to have to soon dig myself out of a 3 inch snow drift :D:(

Posted

Snowing heavily in Buckingham and sticking. About half an inch in the road so far even though the temps only just below freezing.

Posted

Temps at -1.2 here still. Plenty of snow still falling. A real winter wonderland out there. I havent been out yet, but the gins are good:

On my sloping, narrow, foot away from a radiator and on the side of a heavily heated building window ledge, in quite a sheltered area, i have measured an inch and a third of (roughly) level snow. Looks like the front might just be beginning to stall. Holding my breath, though i hope some heavy showers escape up to andy. im sure they will anyway, and that this is a false alarm.

Posted
I can't think of anything less satisfying than watching snow not lie.

It is Leicester Square though.

Probably been gritted.. cause my mate who works (security)just round the corner from there is says, everything is covered except roads and pavements.

Posted
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Its like an episode od Ski sunday here-

David vine we love you--

Snowflakes the size of Cars------- ( Toy ones)

1cm & counting...........

S

Trust one of the top weather guru to ever live to get heavy snow while the rest of us make do with webcams of snow in Leicester square. Don't belive it : :unknw: :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Well im off to bed till about 6:15, radar showing snow over us for the past 45 minutes yet its still dry as a bone, this is rather worrying. Speak later guys. :unknw:

Posted

Steve M how long do you think before i get it here ?

Bit off topic but i got a new german shepherd puppy a few weeks ago so i now have 2 german shepherds 11wks and 2y old and the 2 yr old is called ice cos she is white and my new addition i have name storm as he is a black and silver so i have a ice,storm he all the time now

Sorry just me going on

Regards

Michesnowsbest

Posted
I feel sorry for Brian (Grab my Graupels). He is yet to see anything from this cold snap.

Looks like I'm not likely to either, turns out that friday the Snow is too west of me.

Saturday, Snow is too far North.

Then on Sunday when I finally get some precipitation. Guess what the mild air

comes in and I get rain.

And then we have a return of the Atlantic. The BBC forecaster said there wont be a reload of the cold till the middle of March. :unknw:

Posted

What a bizarre night! Shuffled off to bed around 2.15am with the sound of rain falling, got up just now as I could hear one of the dogs shuffling and a beautiful scene outside with a blanket of snow, all I need now is for santa to arrive! :unknw:

Posted

I really want the stall now, because im getting a leedle bit close to the back edge of my very productive band of snow. Still lots pouring down right now though.

Posted

Already several centimeters of lying snow here in Reading, and there's still a few more hours of this to come I understand.

Posted
Looks like I'm not likely to either, turns out that friday the Snow is too west of me.

comes in and I get rain.

And then we have a return of the Atlantic. The BBC forecaster said there wont be a reload of the cold till the middle of March. :unknw:

They don't know that yet. Too much uncertainty. UKMO shows pressure building to our north significantly on the 10th of Feb.

Things can easily swing in our favour for February. Whoever made that prediction is 100% GUESSING.

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted

comes in and I get rain.

And then we have a return of the Atlantic. The BBC forecaster said there wont be a reload of the cold till the middle of March. :lol:

LoL that is what u call really bad luck :unknw: Don't worry cause I expect the same up here :yahoo: