Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part XI

shuggee

Posted

several pms so a repeat

anyone wanting my short term forecast for snow=today, go to in depth discussion but PLEASE no one liners, its just to read, pse comment back in here.

many thanks

John

Posted

very heavy snow here now and a sudden drop in temperstures has caused it to settle on the main road!! -0.8c here now. sta70625aq8.jpg

Posted

Good Afternoon All,

It has been snowing here in Coventry since before lunch. It hasn't added much to those areas where the snow had thawed but it is now starting to stick. :rolleyes:

We did quite well he yesterday with about 3 to 4 inches. As I am in the office it is hard to tell how much has been added to that today.

If what the meto rainfall chart is showing stays as snow then we should see a bit more yet.

My eight year old son thought yesterday was the best day of his life, he built his first ever snowman. :yahoo:

Good luck all, shame it is going to warm up after this. :drinks:

Posted
Still snowing here heavily, but nor settling :rolleyes:

Anyone in leicstershire got settling snow?

had about 2cm settled since it started today on top of what was left looks really impressive and it continues to fall extremely heavy :drinks::yahoo: very entertaining i think its falling at a rate of about 4cm an hour

Posted
Heavy snow now settling in Crewe as the heavy PPN edges North.

Yep we finally have the proper stuff, the first of the winter. Nice big flakes settling nicely. :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border
Good news from the Notts gang!

Let's hope it keeps changing and we get some heavy snow!

I'm meant to be playing poker at 6, but don't know if I want to now :rolleyes:

If we all stand outside and blow hard enough we might be able to send it North East a bit to you :drinks:

Posted
had about 2cm settled since it started today on top of what was left looks really impressive and it continues to fall extremely heavy :rolleyes::drinks: very entertaining i think its falling at a rate of about 4cm an hour

very light sleet/rain here in barnsley. dont expect anything tonight, am i wrong?

Posted
had about 2cm settled since it started today on top of what was left looks really impressive and it continues to fall extremely heavy :rolleyes::drinks: very entertaining i think its falling at a rate of about 4cm an hour

What your elevation?

I'm only about 90m and the ground is soaked from the rain earlier so snow is finding it hard to settle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights
Good news from the Notts gang!

Let's hope it keeps changing and we get some heavy snow!

I'm meant to be playing poker at 6, but don't know if I want to now :rolleyes:

Not so good news to your south - still rain with a little sleety muck here in Grantham - we should be right on the edge of the heavier ppn now, so I'd be expecting any change to snow imminently, if it's going to change.

Posted
Not so good news to your south - still rain with a little sleety muck here in Grantham - we should be right on the edge of the heavier ppn now, so I'd be expecting any change to snow imminently, if it's going to change.

I'm heading out to Leadenham tonight if I do play poker, was hoping there'd be a bit of snow about as it's further south.

Posted

It has been sleety-snow all day since about 10.30am. Now starting to stick. The journey home from Stourbridge was fine until just past Hagley then even the main roads were a whiteout! Not driven in conditions like that for a long time. This morning the lanes were solid ice but at least the main roads were clear. Not much fun for rush hour traffic :rolleyes:

Posted

Well Thursday's snow is now forgotten about and now we have to focus on the front moving through currently. There is some snow associated with this front. Temperaures are now decreasing across many areas as the sun goes down for another day. Again there is another risk of ice today but the risk tonight is mainly confined to the inland areas not underneath this band of sleet, rain & snow. During the night the front wil move into northern England sleety near the coasts for a time before turning to snow overnight pushing off into the N.Sea tommorrow. Sunday and Monday are begining to be interesting but i need more information.... I will post either later this evening or tommorrow on the current situation with charts so stay tuned.

Keep upto date with Netweather

Keep upto date with Meto

Keep upto date with Weatheronline

:rolleyes:

SM06

Posted
What your elevation?

I'm only about 90m and the ground is soaked from the rain earlier so snow is finding it hard to settle.

im not sure apparently im about 120m

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

The ground is still wet from earlier but has started stick in certain places, its got lighter now though hopefully it will pick up soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

I think some people need a 're-calibration' on the definition of heavy snow. I would say an inch every 15 mins with visibilities down to 50M.

Posted

bbc 24 person lol who was in birmingham just said we can expect 15cm in the next couple of hours id say weve already had about 5cm from this at least still falling heavy cars really are strugling now caught them all by suprise