Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part XI

shuggee

Posted

covered everything again here really is white out there now and very heavy snow :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
What do people think of the North West's chances for any snow?

:D

some parts of the northwest have got snow, but im going to have to include myself as Flintshire today because thats were the warnings are, and now it settling quite rapifly.

Hi WW,

Yes - apparently we should have snow till around 10 pm - you are not far from me as the crow flies - more snow overnight.

JK

Think it will snow for me tonight? Not far from you, would be nice to get another few inches. I am greedy :D

Posted

Rain been falling here for a few hours now, turning a little heavier. Ice covering of an inch or so is still holding up well in some places.. But it really is annoying, the radar precipitype radar shows us as snow, and sleet upto 100 miles south, I can't believe how it can be that inaccurate.

Posted
The snow has got so heavy a new layer of snow is settling on the ground! :D

Whereabout its Northamptonshire are you? Here its just alternating between Sleet and wet snow at best.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
I hope so Andy that is exactly what I have got :cold:

I wouldnt like to jinx it, but I see you as being in an ideal location tonight to see a pasting Brian :D this band is moving east/north-east and I would expect areas of say Sheffield to Leeds to start seeing heavy snow in the next few hours.

Posted

Anyone? Rotherham? Whats happening. snow to north and south of us, but were stuck inbetween here and its just raining / sleety mix

Any comments would be welcome

Andy

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
Think it will snow for me tonight? Not far from you, would be nice to get another few inches. I am greedy :D

Hi Magpie,

You should be sorted tonight - you already have a load - I was stuck in Merthyr (Dowlais top) earlier at lunchtime.

We both should get a pile more tonight (crosses fingers also!)

JK

Posted

Now moderate snow and trying its best to settle over what the rain spoiled this morning so there is still hope for those further north of me.

Hi Magpie,

You should be sorted tonight - you already have a load - I was stuck in Merthyr (Dowlais top) earlier at lunchtime.

We both should get a pile more tonight (crosses fingers also!)

JK

Good news, let's hope we wake up to a foot tomorrow.

Posted

anyone wanting my short term forecast for snow=today, go to in depth discussion but PLEASE no one liners, its just to read, pse comment back in here.

many thanks

John

Posted

This is quite incredible at the minute sometimes coming down like jan2004, far more entertaining than yesterdays snow even if that did leave more, the flakes are huge and the skys full of em :D

Posted

Any chance of this rain turning back to snow overnight? I struggle to understand why the East Midlands warning includes almost all cities apart from Nottinghamshire. We are getting rain, but I don't understand why 20 miles north in all directions is getting snow, or sleet at the worst. A isolated warm sector maybe..? :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales

Well - I am a bit older than 23 - so I have seen a heck of a lot of heavy snow over the years - but not recently - and this is probably been the best for a while as it is hanging around! My kids are loving it - I am slightly enjoying it also!!

JK

Posted

just looked at the cams in birmingham there some very heavy snow at the moment :lol:

Posted
Yep Birkenhead has rain, in fact most of the other side if Wirral has rain, come over to Heswall, I recommend it, or Thurstaston as its getting heavier!

Hi steve, just been to poll hill with my son Joshua to build a snowman, down here in Moreton its rain with the odd snowflake mixed in. Really wierd how it quickly turns to heavy snow as you come up the thurstaston slope from the roundabout near Caldy. What a differance 40m or so makes. Hopefully the snow might extend down to sea level when the heavier stuff arrives, but i'm not expecting it to. Makes me want to move back to pensby :lol:

post-2277-1171035141_thumb.jpg

post-2277-1171035189_thumb.jpg

Posted
Any chance of this rain turning back to snow overnight? I struggle to understand why the East Midlands warning includes almost all cities apart from Nottinghamshire. We are getting rain, but I don't understand why 20 miles north in all directions is getting snow, or sleet at the worst. A isolated warm sector maybe..? :lol:

see my post

Posted

I think another 5cms if it keeps up like this for upto 2 hours would be easily achievable, should be interesting for those on the roads :lol:

Posted

It's very frustrating for parts of the North West today, like Stephen P says, some parts have seen snow, but just a few miles to the east and not a solitary fluttering snowflake. I generally find when you are waiting for snow, it very rarely seem to materialise, or when it does, it will be over almost before it began. The best scenario's are when you least expect it too snow. I bet parts of Wales didn't think they would get much snow today, and it's been coming down there almost from the off, this morning.