Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part XI

shuggee

Posted

It turned to sleet here in North Bristol just before lunch but is back to snow again now. Not settling at the moment other than on the snow that fell this morning. I popped into town about an hour ago and the tempeature (in the car guage) was 2.5 there and 2 up here. I expect there is quite a bit up on the hills around the cotswolds.

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales

Bad move here - temperature just flown up from 0 degrees to +2.8 - thaw now taking place but still light snow but brightening up!!

JK

Posted

Light rain here in Doncaster, its washing away the very light dusting we had yesterday :)

The temps are too warm atm, its been rising every fifteen minutes, now at 2.3 with a dewpoint of 0.5

I don't think we'll be seeing any more of the white stuff here.

Posted

this is really brilliant all the patches that were melted this morning are covering back OMG JUST LOOKED OUT WINDOW IT IS THE HEAVIEST SNOW IVE EVER SEEN!!!!!! NO JOKE INCREDIBLE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Slightly larger flakes here now as it gets colder but still not much heavier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.
We need a true E,ly and you never know when one maybe around the corner :)

Hi TEITS,

I reckon this is turning into a far bigger event than any model or forecaster envisaged.

looking at the radar its a signifant feature now.

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=holiday&amp...op3uur&c=uk

A lot of places are getting significant snow out of this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

This is getting beyond a joke now, still rain/sleet with no hint of it turning to full on snow, yet 15 miles south-west of me they have had snow for the last hour :S grrrrr so frustrating!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry

I can only concur with Pennine ten foot drifts above post. We have had rain in Leeds since about 13:45 and even in the slightly heavier bursts I have failed to observe a single flake. If you look at http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation...sp?ID=I90580501 (this is the nearest station I can find to my house) you will see that the dew point is just above freezing and falling so there is a very small glimmer of hope. For us lot in or around the Leeds area we really nead the heavy stuff to move north east and at the moment it looks (to my untrained eye) to be on a more easterly route.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
No snow here yet in New Brighton just sleet.

Yep Birkenhead has rain, in fact most of the other side if Wirral has rain, come over to Heswall, I recommend it, or Thurstaston as its getting heavier!

Posted
Light rain here in Doncaster, its washing away the very light dusting we had yesterday :)

The temps are too warm atm, its been rising every fifteen minutes, now at 2.3 with a dewpoint of 0.5

I don't think we'll be seeing any more of the white stuff here.

Dont be fooled by this, i think its going to suprise us this time :) hope

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Shrewsbury Coucil offices in Shriehall

CLOSED!!! Staff who live more than 4 miles out of town sent home...

Steady heavey snow in Brum for over an hour now!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Really heavy snow here. Still having problems settling on the melted patches where cars have bee parked. Very fun though :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Not to mention its actually 0C now with dp 0C, if it lowers anymore than itll be powdery snow, as for the moment its just normal flake snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales

Caerphilly local council offices in Hawtin Park closed 1 1/2 hours ago

started to snow a bit heavier again - temperature now 3.5 degrees - mild air pushing up quicker?

JK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Is it likely to turn back to rain? Or if we have snow now, will we more than likely see it stay.....

Should add, we have had heavy snow for over an hour now...

Edited by Serendipity

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.
Not to mention its actually 0C now with dp 0C, if it lowers anymore than itll be powdery snow, as for the moment its just normal flake snow.

Stephen, I've got icy rain here. Do you think DP's and temps will lower as the evening draws in and i might get snow? Will the heavier ppn continue heading N?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Afternoon, the confict between air masses covers a narrow band across the breadth of Central Britain. The dividing line in this type of set up is where the quasi-stationary front can be found. These frontal types may be persistant in varying degrees , or recurrent. The general position of the frontal zone moves over only a narrow width. I am not expecting a big push out of the colder mass to the North over the coming days.

The Atlantic jet , still seems reluctant to kick in and looks more likely to fragment. If we can get the present height rises over the Greenland Sea to Link to Scandinavian high pressure , the advent of an Easterly is still high on the cards with the European Lows tracking below 55N.

C

Posted
Is it likely to turn back to rain? Or if we have snow now, will we more than likely see it stay.....

Should add, we have had heavy snow for over an hour now...

I think we have a good chance of it remaining, although id like to see it heavier so it settles, house roofs starting to turn white now though, 850s remained at -4.5 for here over the last 3 hours and the temp has remained between 0-1c :D