Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part XI

shuggee

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
Im not too fussed that the snow wont stick because everyones snow will dissapear at night anyways lol

I think you will find it has already stuck and will not disappear overnight as you quoted!

Incorrect statement, see my previous post on prior page

JK

Edited by CRACKPOT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Eh? I wake up and I see theres heavy snow on the radar ( yes I know Im a lazy b***er) is this heading for my area?

Posted
Stuck right in the middle of it here in hereford...coming down thick and fast now. Temp is 1.3c dew at -0.6c roads becoming inpassible!!

Just as bad in Leominster, everyone is leaving work aswell........ Brilliant stuff!!

Posted

Brief note, its not snowing in swinton, south yorkshire, but infact very fine rain with a bit of sleet. Paul hudson says a lot of snow to come, but I dont think this is going to come off. Nice to see these forums are still going too! Not posted here for what seems like ages.

Andy Allen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun
Eh? I wake up and I see theres heavy snow on the radar ( yes I know Im a lazy b***er) is this heading for my area?

Possibly a bit too far north again I'm beginning to think judging by the track of the heaviest precipitation over the last two hours.

Posted

Been snowing here heavily for a while but its just not quite enough to settle on the wet ground

Posted

nothign in leedas at the moment

the front is to far south but im sure it will be up here for about 4pm. could be cold enough by then to start of as snow.

Posted
I mean for midlands matey

Well - 'matey'

your post was inconclusive as to what area you were referring to - and you have no indication in your details as to where you are from - so even more generality was referred to in your post!

Temperature dropping even further in my area - still snowing heavily - now down to -0.3 degrees!!

JK

Edited by CRACKPOT

Posted
I mean for midlands matey

Stuck last night and sticking now! "Midlands" is a large area-silly to say that.

Edited by drgl

Posted

Heaviest snow of the winter so far by along mile here at the minute really is hammering it down, wouldnt be suprised to see it start sticking to the roads and paths although the only road i can see is a quiet 1 which is still covered from yesterdays fall

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry

the front is to far south but im sure it will be up here for about 4pm. could be cold enough by then to start of as snow.

Hi ck24-

I have just finished work and have driven from seacroft to wortley and it has rained all the way home.

Posted
Blasting down in Brum!!

I'm driving to Monmouth tomorrow - is this wies? Any observations gratefully accepted.

Regards,

Mike.

Going the way the heavier snow is getting worse and worse the further north you go from myself - Monmouth is 45 minutes from me northwards - I would imagine you had better see what it is like in the morning with the extra snow forecast overnight - Monmouth is in line for a battering!!

JK

Posted
Drizzle in Grantham.

Same here although this is due to the light precip. What we need is some moderate/heavy intensity to this which will cause it to turn to snow because we only need to drop maybe 1C for this to fall as snow.

Look for the greens/yellows to bring you snow and the blue will only bring you rain.

Posted

Well Round us, rotherham area its raining. So if thats anything to go by :)

Posted

getting batered here by snow heaviest i have seen in years :):):yahoo: im a bit concerned about my dad getting back from work heres a few pics enjoy!!

post-6161-1171031432_thumb.jpg

post-6161-1171031485_thumb.jpg

post-6161-1171031517_thumb.jpg

Posted
getting batered here by snow heaviest i have seen in years :):):yahoo: im a bit concerned about my dad getting back from work heres a few pics enjoy!!

Might have some pics like that of my own if it keeps up

Posted

Great Stuff!! Enjoy!

Posted
It's been snowing all day (well since 8.30) here in Chelt but nothing settling. So don't worry, not missing anything!

Well it's ceratinly settling herre and I'm only about 20 miles away. granted i have teh elevation though.. Hurrah !