Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part XI

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
Its snowing heavy in Flint and Deeside aat sea level. Very heavy snow here. Good to see you getting more snow Ste

Yes I just heard from Paul, must be very localised, it's raining in Birkenhead/Wallasey and Prenton. Thats only 5 miles away. How much you got there?

Posted
Light snow again here in MIlton Keynes. Been on and off since 12pm. Not thinking we will see alot as the main band of heavier precipitation is northwest of here. According to lookeast weather it should be raining here. very odd as all it's done is snow and people further west with higher elevation are reporting rain not snow... Think i'm lucky today or the poolution from the city is messing the clouds up. lol

Oh wait for it, getting heavier but the flakes are smaller. ( Igot myself a snizzle blizzard! ) lol

Same situation here up N'pton. Turning a bit sleety though I think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Crikey it must be pretty bad in Cardiff, as our sister office in Cardiff has been forced to close "due to severe Weather problems"

And out office is right in the City center next to the station!!!

Posted

Going to be interesting come 5pm as temps start to fall away again further north...

Sorry o/t

:D love that abbreviated link

It's been sleet here in North Cheshire for a couple of hours, but I don't think it's purely ground temps as has been suggested because dew points are low. There is a complicated layer of advected milder air above judging by the make up of the precipation - no flakes are present, but partially thawed crystals that appear to have melted/frozen and melted again.

Posted

If anything the precip over wales and the west midlands is increasing intensity looks like some places must be getting seriously hammered

Posted

Update

Snow turning to sleet here now, however i wonder as we move into the late afternoon and with temps falling away as we move into the evening that the situation may turn back to snow. This however may change depending on how quick the warmer air to the sw moves in across the rest of England.

LO

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Gotten darker in the last 5 mins. heavy snow coming down now. flakes the size of 5pence pieces. Very unexpected, supposed to be raining here now :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All the Interesting stuff

modertate to heavy snow in brum for the last hour or so, temp has dropped from 0.9 to 0.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Interesting movement on the radar now - heaviest band seems to be starting to slide eastwards rather than north-eastwards - good news for anyone south of a line from Manchester to the Humber, (assuming it falls as snow not rain of course !), not so good for anywhere north of that. I think this is going to prove a very hard track to predict, even an hour in advance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Hmmm the heavy rain has now at least turned to heavy sleet, snow is trying its hardest to get going but its not happening.

Posted
Hmmm the heavy rain has now at least turned to heavy sleet, snow is trying its hardest to get going but its not happening.

You should have a chance soon, i think were gonna need some very heavy snow for it to start settleing although really is trying to come down fast here now :D it must surely settle on snow already lying though

just about building up on the car windowscreen

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
Any idea how much we can expect again overnight please? I need to go to work in the morning :D

Hello,

Apparently this current fall until 10pm tonight will give another 4 -6 inches in Wales (valleys hardest hit)

Overnight - it will come in around midnight and initially rain for half hour before another 3 or 4 inches overnight until about 5/6 am.

Will still remain cold but recover by lunchtime with higher temperatures. Then some light rain will herald the start of the major inroad of the mild weather for sat and sunday

JK

Edited by CRACKPOT

Posted

well looking at the radar, the area of rain/snow is slowly progressing ever more northwards. Currently fine rain here in Stockport Cheshire althought we`re just under the very light area atm. I expect that to change as the heavy blobs arrive..

Hi there everyone. Long time lurker thoroughly enjoying watching the snow fall outside my window in the centre of walsall. Looks from the radar as though there is plenty more to come. I am of to the lake district for half term to a place called orton a couple of miles from junction 38 of the M6. I am reliably informed that there is no snow there currently but the forecast for metcheck for tomorrow gives upwards of 25cm of snow for tomorrow. Due to travel first thing am but wonder if anyone has any thoughts as to whether we should try and get up there earlier or perhaps delay till pm?

I know Orton very well, keep an eye on Shap's readings, its only about 5 miles NW of Orton, this should give a indication of the conditions. I wouldn't expect any snow until you reach the Tebay junction (38). I don't think conditions will be too bad, it should be worse to NE of Orton because of easterly air flow.

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Hi again Andy,

Yes,seems as if you will see it going to snow soon.I am getting heavy snow now and it looks as if its starting to settle.