Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part XI

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
getting batered here by snow heaviest i have seen in years :):):yahoo: im a bit concerned about my dad getting back from work heres a few pics enjoy!!

Awesome! Thanks for posting those mate :) snow here has almost gone now from yesterday and ground is soaked, dissapointment really :)

Posted

The snow here has got heavier, the flakes have got slightly smaller.

What thawed earlier has now started covering again.

Looks like i wont get to the works lunch meeting tomorrow, even though its being held in a local pub (and i wouldn't have to pay for a thing) :yahoo::)

Posted
Blasting down in Brum!!

I'm driving to Monmouth tomorrow - is this wies? Any observations gratefully accepted.

Regards,

Mike.

Mike you should get there OK via Motorways and A40, but Monmouth is pretty hilly away from the river, so if you were going up there, could be a problem as snow is much worse higher up.

Alan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights
Same here although this is due to the light precip. What we need is some moderate/heavy intensity to this which will cause it to turn to snow because we only need to drop maybe 1C for this to fall as snow.

Look for the greens/yellows to bring you snow and the blue will only bring you rain.

Looking at the MetO rainfall radar - (I know - I'm about to subscribe to NWExtra) - there's a band of heavier ppn running in a line roughly from Loughborough via Corby and Bury St Edmonds to Ipswich, so it's only a few miles away from you....

Edited by Just Before Dawn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun
nothign in leedas at the moment

the front is to far south but im sure it will be up here for about 4pm. could be cold enough by then to start of as snow.

I wouldn't bet on that, if you follow the track of the heavy precipitation, it started off in the Bristol channel this morning heading pretty much due north, then started to veer north-eastwards across Wales, and over the last two hours has been pivotting more and more towards a straight easterly movement across the Midlands, which as it stands would make West Yorkshire just that little bit too far north...........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Looking at the MetO rainfall radar - (I know - I'm about to subscribe to NWExtra) - there's a band of heavier ppn running in a line roughly from Loughborough via Corby and Bury St Edmonds to Ipswich, so it's only a few miles away from you....

And its falling as sleet :)

Posted
Afternoon All-

More excitement today I see-

Not quite the snow distribution as yesterday- but again certain regions are going to get another plastering today-

Its all VERY marginal this afternoon- much more than yesterday & elevation, snowcover & evaporational cooling is going to be the key-

Lowlands are expected to rain & sleet- however snow cant be ruled out in the heavier bursts- this does though work backwards in as much as higher routes can still see rain-

Its a real LOTTERY out there-

but I guess central - North wales will be hit- some higher parts of the cotswolds & certainly the Peninnes-

Best of luck peoples- hope you get some more of the white stuff....

Ian B- good to see mate-

S

Steve you asked yesterday my location. Type cutsdean hill as a place into street map and this is my whereabouts ...

D

Posted
I wouldn't bet on that, if you follow the track of the heavy precipitation, it started off in the Bristol channel this morning heading pretty much due north, then started to veer north-eastwards across Wales, and over the last two hours has been pivotting more and more towards a straight easterly movement across the Midlands, which as it stands would make West Yorkshire just that little bit too far north...........

Your right PFTD just noticed that myself.

Interesting that the 06Z GFS had the heaviest precip moving NE to hit N Wales and then Manchester but as you say the movement of this is certainly E wards in the last 2hrs.

Edited by THE EYE IN THE SKY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Heavy snow and settling now.

Radar shows the heaviest area of ppn over Wales and West midlands at the moment.

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=holiday&amp...op3uur&c=uk

Quite an extensive feature now overall.

Edited by phil n.warks.

Steve you asked yesterday my location. Type cutsdean hill as a place into street map and this is my whereabouts ...

D

yes I banged in Cutsdean into multimap & found it last night-

Wish I had i gone for a drive now- you guys are going to get blown away-

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I'm a bit worried about this front fragmenting before it reaches here but all the forecast show plenty of snow up here this evening, tonight and in the morning.

What makes this front different from yesterdays?

Mark.

PS: Getting a few heavy graupel showers here.

Edited by multi cellular thunderstorm

Posted
getting batered here by snow heaviest i have seen in years :):):yahoo: im a bit concerned about my dad getting back from work heres a few pics enjoy!!

nice pics!!!

hey, when you were saying earlier how big the flakes were cradley way.. it was still light and was so for another hour until it started to batter it down lol...my point your like what 10 mins max from me in car..and it took an hour...maybe it is already showing signs of slowing down....over the snow capital of the UK lol :):)

Posted

I disagree with you there. The front is much stronger than the first front so i should not expect it to fragment and two its still heading in a NE direction, seems to me that its start as light but slowly but surely its gets heavier.

Had mixture of rain and sleet here(stopped now). Hopefully the main action will be tonight but its depends on how strong the winds are.

Posted
Heavy snow and settling now.

Radar shows the heaviest area of ppn over Wales and West midlands at the moment.

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=holiday&amp...op3uur&c=uk

Quite an extensive feature now overall.

Still struggling to settle here as it just got heavier where you are?

230 radar looks good for us

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
I'm a bit worried about this front fragmenting before it reaches here but all the forecast show plenty of snow up here this evening, tonight and in the morning.

What makes this front different from yesterdays?

Mark.

Well apparently its turning on more of and east track now so we might not even see any which is f*****g typical :)

Edited by James M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun
Your right PFTD just noticed that myself.

Interesting that the 06Z GFS had the heaviest precip moving NE to hit N Wales and then Manchester but as you say the movement of this is certainly E wards in the last 2hrs.

Yeah, I think this has caught just about everyone out - models, BBC, Met Office, (even, dare I say, NW :) ). Just goes to show what many on here have said over and over - snowfall is virtually impossible to forecast until it's actually falling !!!

Posted

slowed down slightly here still heavy though hope thats red is heading for me :)

post-6161-1171032439_thumb.png

Edited by tom_f123

Posted
I disagree with you there. The front is much stronger than the first front so i should not expect it to fragment and two its still heading in a NE direction, seems to me that its start as light but slowly but surely its gets heavier.

Had mixture of rain and sleet here(stopped now). Hopefully the main action will be tonight but its depends on how strong the winds are.

Sorry to say but don't expect much out of this tonight. Even though it will hit later on I feel the temps in the N Sea shall make this far to marginal for you so expect rain/sleet IMO.