Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part XI

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
dew point in doncaster is lowering so that some good news i hope, hope southyorkshire will see the heavy stuff tonight!

You are included in my prediction of a pasting for tonight :lol: Anywhere from say north nottingham/sheffield could get some decent snow later, this band is moving slowly though so that could be a bit of a blessing in disguise, cos as the temps drop as it gets dark thats when the main heavy precip will hit you.

Posted
Polar Low, will you keep me updated with events down where you are please, as I'd guess what your getting will come up the bypass to merry old Lincoln.

Will do mate. At the moment the N-W "precipitype" radar is driving me crazy, its SO inaccurate! If it's going to be as bad as it is.. they shouldn't have it enabled as a feature.

Posted
Polar Low, will you keep me updated with events down where you are please, as I'd guess what your getting will come up the bypass to merry old Lincoln.

I think its definitely a case of what is coming up the A52 LoL cos he got the rain after me and you got it after him

Posted

I'm noticing that the all the heavy stuff(Greens and yellows) seems to not want to travel up north of Manchester. North of Manchester at the moment seems to be getting the light stuff at the moment, i really hope that is not going to be the case.

Posted
You are included in my prediction of a pasting for tonight :lol: Anywhere from say north nottingham/sheffield could get some decent snow later, this band is moving slowly though so that could be a bit of a blessing in disguise, cos as the temps drop as it gets dark thats when the main heavy precip will hit you.

hey andy:), thanks for cheering me up haha, yesturday was weird, snowed in morning with a dusting, melted and same time now as it was yesturday temp dropped and snowed lightly to moderate for 3 hours n gave 1 cm covering, i hope we get a pasting, ill send you some great pics if it pulls off :)

Posted
I think its definitely a case of what is coming up the A52 LoL cos he got the rain after me and you got it after him

Still rain in Nottingham?

Our best chance is in a few hours.. dependant on whether the heaviest of the PPN can shift another 20 miles northeast..

Posted

No signs of letting up here for a long while yet, the only worry i have is that it might turn to sleet or rain, if it doesnt we could have a decent top to say the least

Posted
Snow can actually settle when the ground is soaked. I have even seen 20cm on snowfall even though this started as rain for 2hrs and there was even puddles on the ground. This is different though because when that happened is was actually turning colder as a E,ly set in and the puddles turned to slush and then froze. The current snowfall is the exact opposite because beyond this snow is a return to less cold weather.

Hi Dave,

It has been noticable that temps have started to rise slightly and the little

snow that I have has started to thaw in the last hour.

Is this a bad sign IYO

Brian.

Posted
Easing slightly here now after 30 minutes of moderate to heavy snow.

1000229qc4.th.jpg

whaaaat! how come you have a covering and its snowing here but not even settling!! <_< You lucky git. You are only 30 miles south of me!

Posted
turning kind of sleety here now

Lighter, but still snow here. Looking at the radar, the sleet band is just to the south of Brum. Lets hope its stays there lol.

Tems dropping here 0.8c. Its going to be a close call, as to whether it can stay as snow.

You will know before I do

Posted
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border

Sleety rain here. Been like this most of the afternoon. The odd flake of snow falling as well but most of the snow we had yesterday has turned to a greyish brown slush now. Horrid!

Posted

PL, the ground is going to be drenched by the time the snow arrives I reckon, but you never know as it looks like the heavy stuff will arrive early evening here when it should have cooled down a bit.

3.1c in Waddington, oh dear!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)
I'm noticing that the all the heavy stuff(Greens and yellows) seems to not want to travel up north of Manchester. North of Manchester at the moment seems to be getting the light stuff at the moment, i really hope that is not going to be the case.

sleety snow...quite light..i noticed it doesnt travel up too

Posted

Snow in the Quinton Area of Birmingham has been snowing heavy for well over an hour. The car park at my apartments and roofs of houses opposite had thawed. Now there is a fresh blanket of over an inch and its getting deeper. Went on an old walk of nostalgia and ended up having to push a van up the hill. Driver had to abandon it in the end. An amazing couple of days unlike anything since 1991.

The bbc forecast is saying 3c for Birmingham tonight. How marginal is this? Could snow showers persist through the night?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Still rain here- snow is a coming though! 2.6c though with dp 2.3c so hmm...

Posted

Still rain in Derby although its light despite the radar saying moderate. However the later it arrives the more chance of it being snow I suppose.

Posted
whaaaat! how come you have a covering and its snowing here but not even settling!! <_< You lucky git. You are only 30 miles south of me!

it should start to settle if its coming down with the intensity it is here

Posted
hey andy:), thanks for cheering me up haha, yesturday was weird, snowed in morning with a dusting, melted and same time now as it was yesturday temp dropped and snowed lightly to moderate for 3 hours n gave 1 cm covering, i hope we get a pasting, ill send you some great pics if it pulls off <_<

Hehe its ok :) I would like to be in your area for later on! You defanitly have a better chance than me, I would be surprised if you didnt see a few hours of snow later. Its forecast for all precip to turn to rain tomorrow but at the moment theres certainly a good chance that where you are it will mostly fall as snow when the heavier stuff comes in. How high are you above sea level? Any idea? Cos that could be crucial in whether it settles or not.

It's not just me who is predicting it then!

S Yorkshire

Heavy Snow 1500 Fri 9 0000 Sat 10

Some heavy falls of snow are expected giving further accumulations of 2-5cm, and locally 10-15cm on higher ground. The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further information on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
Still rain in Nottingham?

Our best chance is in a few hours.. dependant on whether the heaviest of the PPN can shift another 20 miles northeast..

yes still rian in Nottingham Just to the side of the A52 Bramcote area LoL

Posted

I know :)

Much of the snow on the ground is from yesterday though, with a new layer settling on roads and paths where it had melted.