• Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border
Here's the current depth here:

img3263od2.jpg

About 7 inches.

Wow, why did I leave Wales <_<

Posted

yes!!!! turning back to proper snow now again yipee lol

Posted

Don't worry lincolnsnow.. If it turns to snow in the next few hours by the time the heavier stuff finally moves a few miles northeast of it's current position, it should settle. <_< Furthermore, we still have a good 'icey' covering on the grass and most pavements.. so that should help.

Posted
Hehe its ok <_< I would like to be in your area for later on! You defanitly have a better chance than me, I would be surprised if you didnt see a few hours of snow later. Its forecast for all precip to turn to rain tomorrow but at the moment theres certainly a good chance that where you are it will mostly fall as snow when the heavier stuff comes in. How high are you above sea level? Any idea? Cos that could be crucial in whether it settles or not.

It's not just me who is predicting it then!

S Yorkshire

Heavy Snow 1500 Fri 9 0000 Sat 10

Some heavy falls of snow are expected giving further accumulations of 2-5cm, and locally 10-15cm on higher ground. The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further information on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

I live in South Yorks, hope its a spot on forecast, its raining at the moment but temp dropping.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Heavy sleety rain now here. My lovely nice white blanket is developing green patches <_<

Posted

For those people that perhaps thought yesterdays snowy spell should have produced more for western areas and should have been colder here's a chart from February 5th 1963;

63_wthrmp_feb05.jpg

VERY similar to yesterday. Here's a caption that goes with it;

"The weather map for 5th February 1963 showed a deep depression to the south west of the UK.The Air Ministry forecast for much of England, Wales and southern Scotland was for cloud with moderate to heavy falls of snow at times, Rain was only forecast for the West Country, with some sunshine, the rest of the country was in the grip of a cold air flow from Europe. In London the minimum temperature in the previous 24 hours was -3°C with a maximum of 1°C. As this was in the centre of London, temperatures would not have risen above freezing out of town."

I would say that's pretty much what we've had. Almost identical temperatures and remember this was after January that was almost completely cold and had a CET average -2.1c.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Still snowing here, albeit lightly and still not settleing.

Are there any warnings out for West Yorkshire, i can not access the Met Office website???

Edited by summer blizzard

Posted
ok polar low and lincoln, got slight sleet happening here - very small snow like yesterday in with the rain

Was just about to post myself, it's definately got some partially melted snow mixed in now... looking good for later. <_<

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I;m off to take the dog for a walk in this moderate snow we have falling, still not settling though and I dont think its likely to <_< Be back soon guys and girls :)

Posted

If anyone lives in or around Market Drayton, could they tell me what, if any, snowfall has occured as my Parents are supposed to be driving there tomorrow.

Thanks

Posted

Snowing very heavy still here, and building up now, about 2cms of snow since this started to settle, if anything just keeps getting heavier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry
Still snowing here, albeit lightly and still not settleing.

Are there any warnings out for West Yorkshire, i can not access the Met Office website???

Yes they are-

Some heavy falls of snow are expected giving further accumulations of 2-5cm, and locally 10-15cm on higher ground. The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further information on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Taken from the mett office.

Edited by Craig in Leeds

Posted
Was just about to post myself, it's definately got some partially melted snow mixed in now... looking good for later. <_<

its changing - odd big wet flake turning up yay.

Posted

Moderate-Heavy snow settling in Warwick. Has been snowing since 10am and has been snowing on and off since Thursday morning. Lethal on the roads out there. We've had about 4 or 5 inches by now.

Edited by Paranoid

Posted

Sleet turning to ... snow! ... here in south Nottinghamshire!