Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part XI

shuggee

Posted
I think some people need a 're-calibration' on the definition of heavy snow. I would say an inch every 15 mins with visibilities down to 50M.

If that was the case then the metoffice too as they have warnings out of heavy snow, then say 2-5cms??

Posted
I think some people need a 're-calibration' on the definition of heavy snow. I would say an inch every 15 mins with visibilities down to 50M.

This is heavy snow........ for people in England! If it were fallin as rain........ i'd say heavy rain, so why not heavy snow???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

wow, what a day..... Cardiff got a pasting! and we were sent home from work too! :drinks: its all stopped now though :rolleyes:

Posted
Turned to proper sleet here now.. hoping for that final change to snow shortly..

Here comes the proper snow, may be its got something to do with the sun starting to set it's cooling down.

Posted

Hope this works, but heres a picture from my back garden a while ago

pict0020qp1.th.jpg

Dont know why the pic is so small??

Edited by WINTRY WALES

Hi Guys

Location Lickey Hills, Worcestershire.

Been snowing since approx 10:30 this morning. Has gotten heavier since approx 2:00 and is showing no signs of abating. Just spent the previous hour up on two local roads helping to dig/push people out of the snow and ice. One fella stopped half way up the hill, put the handbrake on and started clearing in front of his car. We looked around and the car was sliding back down the hill. Managed to push it into the verge to stop it hitting the other stuck cars!

Absolute carnage - love it!

Chris

ps looking on the radar there is plenty more to come for the next few hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
If that was the case then the metoffice too as they have warnings out of heavy snow, then say 2-5cms??

Exactly my point. i guess we are not used to it anymore. But if its going to be more common then 2-5 cms is a light covering.

Posted
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border

OMG, never seen flakes as big as this in years! They're huge! Settling on ground and other surfaces even though everywhere is soaked. Amazing!

Posted
Been snowing heavily for the past 3 hours and looks like theres more to come :rolleyes:

Pop your location in your profile and then we'll know where you are talking about :drinks:

Still rain here.

Posted

WOOHOO! the blizzard has started! Finally some snow to west yorkshire!

Snowing moderatly now, lovely white flakes... temperature slowly dropping with bags of precipitation to the south. tonight shud be fun! :rolleyes:

Posted
Hope this works, but heres a picture from my back garden a while ago

pict0020qp1.th.jpg

Dont know why the pic is so small??

Pretty much the same sort of picture here, maybe a bit less, but the snow is still coming down thick and fast.........!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Heavy snow.Probably 2cms since lunchtime and still coming down.0c.settling everywhere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Been sleeting most of the day but turning to snow.Any info on how much or how long the snow will last would be helpfull.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Sleet now. A little disappointing today with places getting 4/5 inches just 10 miles away. My covering is still intact which is the main thing. DDew point buggered it.

Posted
Heavy snow.Probably 2cms since lunchtime and still coming down.0c.settling everywhere.

whats your guess on how long this will last, precip hasnt been in a rush since it started? at the same time if its due to turn to sleet id rather it dissapeared as it quickly gets rid of snow on the ground

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights
Pop your location in your profile and then we'll know where you are talking about :D

Still rain here.

Here too. Starting to worry a little bit about those N Sea SSTs again. Shouldn't be a factor here though the Easterly breeze might be moderating air temps - currently 3.7c - 4.2c along the Lincs Coast with 11-16kt easterly winds. Timing could be in our favour - the sun going down will no doubt help.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Just got in and I am absolutely drenched!! Tipping it down with snow now, this is the proper stuff :D Not settling but its certainly lovely to look at, feels arctic out there aswell.