Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy rain/storms Thurs 19/7 - Sat 21/7

Posted
To be honest I'm not certain, If it does reach your area it could be a long while.

Persian Paladin might have an Idea of how long.

Tbh, its quite a slow-moving mass, and there is considerable wind-shear at the advective level from northern France, up into the channel and north-westwards towards the midlands. I'd give it another 2-3 hours or so before that mass in the channel is over the Midlands (that is, if it survives intact). I'd expect the convective band to degenerate over the midlands and mostly consist of dynamic rainfall with the odd embedded CB.

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted
It deffinatly favours your location directly London snow, IMO its going E of us, if anything we'll just clip the edge. I think that will be fine for seeing lightning though here.

Russ

yes it does look good for london, although i think the main area leaving france may start to swing more northwest soon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder
Channel stuff has recently become very active thunder wise :o

You think it will keep growing into MCS type feature, or die down to thundery rain?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
Channel stuff has recently become very active thunder wise :)

Guernsey readout say there are 2 storms, a 3 strikes a minute one and an 8 per min one. Thats good enough for me :D

If it gets better then thats brilliant.

I will have to look for lightning outside now the suspense is killing me :o

Russ

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted
Is it just me or are things starting to decay a little as they cross the channel

I think it'll be a gradual decay tbh, although locally some areas on the south coast could get some decent lightning displays and a few daughter cells may develop to the west of this convective mass later on.

Posted
Russ, if you are still up, did u hear that thunder?

Yes I did, I am going to Ventnor for a look :o

Guest Nimbus20
Yes I did, I am going to Ventnor for a look :o

Just pop across to the mainland Russ and pick me up :D

Apart from the obvious storm chasing perk - I happen to like Ventnor :)

Posted
Is it just me or are things starting to decay a little as they cross the channel

Not that anything significant would reach this far North in Kent, But i would hope they do not decay as IOW Detector has found a storm moving into the Channel so it would hopefully give everyone on the South Coast something to marvel at :o

Shame its not another very warm night, could have been a more spectacular display!

Enjoy what you get everyone but dont get your hopes up to much - this i imagine to be more wet then electrically stormy

Posted
Just pop across to the mainland Russ and pick me up :D

Apart from the obvious storm chasing perk - I happen to like Ventnor :)

I share your liking for the place, the architecture in particular.

Anyway must dash :o

Distant rumbles all the time here.

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted
I think it'll be a gradual decay tbh, although locally some areas on the south coast could get some decent lightning displays and a few daughter cells may develop to the west of this convective mass later on.

Hi P.P.

I'm just judging by the situation over kent at the moment. It appears to me all the action has been

on the coast and these cells appear to be quickly weakening further inland.

Goodnight everyone. Enjoy the storms :o

Night Nimbus take care mate :D

Enjoy what you get everyone but dont get your hopes up to much - this i imagine to be more wet then electrically stormy

Hi K.S. :)

I could be very wrong but that is what I am beginning to think too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

I think they may of overcooked this on terms of flooding :s not much low pressure around at all with major rain

Posted

Good Morning GMG. I dont think there ever was a chance of anything in the way of a proper storm to ever come from this. Some Thunder perhaps but nothing in comparison to the past few weeks Kent has seen (Or should i say Tamara / Neil?)

Imo, Heavy Rain, a display across the channel perhaps. Might be lucky to get the odd flash on the south coast. If any thunder is reported further North (at a guess, draw a line north of Ashford) - then they have been lucky.

At least we cannot say Kent's in a drought for once this Summer !

Posted
right i am off going to swtich this comp of now, lightning getting closer.

night all.

kelly

Night Kelly good luck and stay safe :)

Good Morning GMG. I dont think there ever was a chance of anything in the way of a proper storm to ever come from this. Some Thunder perhaps but nothing in comparison to the past few weeks Kent has seen (Or should i say Tamara / Neil?)

Imo, Heavy Rain, a display across the channel perhaps. Might be lucky to get the odd flash on the south coast. If any thunder is reported further North (at a guess, draw a line north of Ashford) - then they have been lucky.

At least we cannot say Kent's in a drought for once this Summer !

I had forgotten that it is morning Sally :o Good morning anyway.

Yes that is what I am expecting to see from this. Plenty of precipitation for some but

little in the way of electrical activity inland.

Whatever, I wish it would get on with it. I want to know what happens :D

Brian :)

Edited by grab my graupels

Posted

Well i hear something overflowing in my neighbours garden but am still playing down prospects except for heavy rain.

Latest METO Radar has perked up a bit more, maybe even with a slight NNW curve to it on its most northern front.

I'm heading off to bed with my hot choccy and a book to ponder ESTOFEX's storm forecast for friday ---> saturday with Level 1 Coverage

S England, S Wales...

A relatively weak but strongly cyclonic low-level flow is expected south of a large-scale precipitation area. This in combination with moist air and instability with low LFC heights suggest that thunderstorms, which could be rather widespread, may be accompanied by a few waterspouts and weak tornadoes. Some small hail will be possible as well.

Posted
I'm heading off to bed with my hot choccy and a book to ponder ESTOFEX's storm forecast for friday ---> saturday with

Night Sally :o

Posted

I've been woken up by fresh lightning and thunder - its incredible stuff guys really bright. About 1 strike every few mins...thunder has been amazing. The radar is impressive (if a little scary) and it hasn't stop raining since 2230! Rain is heavy and steady....the main mass hasn't even made it here yet!

Edited by MR CB