Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy rain/storms Thurs 19/7 - Sat 21/7

Posted

Well, there was a thunderstorm over the south Durham Dales today (pretty locally torrential too) which developed earlier in the evening. Completely missed me of course, but I got the tail end of it with some moderate-heavy rain, no thunder though.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
The area of Kent has merged, anyone down there have any lightning sightings...?

Distant flashing , but a very weak storm

Posted
The area of Kent has merged, anyone down there have any lightning sightings...?

There was some lightning in the Channel when I went out and had a look...sadly it all stayed off the coast. I've had no lightning on thunder now since my last post...if those merge properly it could form a small slow moving MCS running up the Dover Strait or become a 'Kent clipper'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Well that was just amazing!

&ish I went to the chippy and there was a few Cu's but pretty flat in the east, 20 mins later we have a damn storm! What kicked them off so quick?

It's only just finished now!

Amazing!

Kain

Posted
From another thread, the rain severity has apparently been downgraded on the latest gfs:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs213.gif

I have just looked through the latest gfs and its defiantly a down grade, with less rain and less areas affected. Will have to wait and see though, could all change!.

+ the radar is showing less rain than latest gfs is predicting for midnight and only 20 minutes to go!

Edited by WS Evolution

Posted
There was some lightning in the Channel when I went out and had a look...sadly it all stayed off the coast. I've had no lightning on thunder now since my last post...if those merge properly it could form a small slow moving MCS running up the Dover Strait or become a 'Kent clipper'

Thanks CB, sometimes I can see lightning flashing away to my South when the sky is reasonable clear here ( Southend ) there is some puffy cloud here which

doesnt seem to be moving at all.

Posted

Incredible! that area of rain/storm is passing just to the east of me! I have lost count how many times this 'summer' that has happened! hey Ho :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
Well, there was a thunderstorm over the south Durham Dales today (pretty locally torrential too) which developed earlier in the evening. Completely missed me of course, but I got the tail end of it with some moderate-heavy rain, no thunder though.

I wasn't even watching the radar, just looking now at the radar and the lightning detector and to my suprise it was pretty close.

If i'd looked south I might have seen something :)

Too busy watching The Bill and BB :)

Looks like Kent will be getting hit very soon.

Posted

New cells seem to be going up around this mass - as I've just had two close lightning stikes (within a mile or two). Seems to still be developing...could be quite interesting....is mergering properly and rain area expanding...core seems look like a snake

Edited by MR CB

Posted
New cells seem to be going up around this mass - as I've just had two close lightning stikes (within a mile or two). Seems to still be developing...could be quite interesting....

Great stuff :)

Posted
Area coasting in down East Sussex/Kent has perked up again now.

post-6600-1184885242_thumb.jpg

Yes looking good down there atm that is where my attention is right now

Guest Nimbus20

Yes that system looks pretty meaty :) Most of the action appears to be still in the channel but at least it hasn't eroded as it comes onto our shores.

Looks very good indeed :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

I keep seeing the odd bright flash to the south , but im not sure i want to stay up for it... Has to be pretty damn good this time for me to stay up! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Torrential rain currently here. It's been raining since about 8:00 PM. There was alot of surface water coming home too! :)

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted

That stand-out ppn in NE Wales is moving W/NW which gave the thunder before still the odd rumble from that.

Could well be an interesting night with more echoes heading this way from the SE. :)

Been raining for well over an hour now though and it`s not light.

Posted
Increasingly bright flashes of lightning coming towards the coast with steady boom of thunder. Sporadic large drops of rain on and off for last few minutes :)

Not a supercell though :)

Tamara

Yes nice one Tamara :) I thought it was starting to look good on the radar :)

You are about due another storm :)

P.S. Have you got the camera tonight?

Brian :)