Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow reports 1st-14th January 2008

Guest megaweather

Posted
Some light snowy/sleety rubbish at Heathrow Airport, Well worth waiting for NOT

My husband just phoned me to say the rain had turned to snow in Sunbury on Thames in the last ten minutes. Still snow no show in the Chilterns...sigh....

Posted
-2c,snow just eased,more coming by the looks

We are at 0.5c,how deep is it in your area, we have had slight thaws then a topping up but depth remains around 2".

Posted

Just started snowing here .......a light flurry,with a few bigger flakes thrown in,im crossing my fingers for more to come.

Outside weather station thermometer reading -1 at the moment.

Posted
Just started snowing here .......a light flurry,with a few bigger flakes thrown in,im crossing my fingers for more to come.

OK, so now we have snow falling, Its stopped in Sunbury on Thames, so dont expect much here, pretty though!

Posted

Alright flump. Didn't know there was another poster in Rushden. You beat me to it. My thermometer is reading 0.9C now... only getting a bit of settling on the grass and roofs. I'm right on the southern edge of Rushden near the A6 bypass. Been threatening it.

Posted

Just a wee reminder:

This is the Snow Reports Thread

i.e. you post a report if it snows

All the moaning/off topicness has been moved to here:

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=41589

:pardon:

Posted

Have had a few light snow flurries at midday, here in Tadworth ( nr Reigate Surrey) but it then turned quickly to drizzle (sob), but now turned back to snow, and starting to settle now :pardon: Even settling on roads and pavements, and rooftops are now white !! yipppeeeeee

Lets hope it lasts and we may even get sent home early from work and I can then go sledging !

Jayne

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Flurries of snow here in Moulton now.

Temp 0.8c and dewpoint -1.6c wind 6.9mph ENE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

We actually had some snowflakes blowing in the wind just outside Bembridge on the extreme East of the Isle of Wight, this morning at approximately 1130, I was quite taken aback with shock :unknw:

Russ

Posted

Some very small flakes of snow falling from the sky. Not much but better than nothing :unknw:

Posted
Still snowing here, and looks like we'll get a freezing day as well.

-0.3C, big fat feathery flakes, surprisingly little wind. Snow intensity only around 5 though, light moderate at most. Dusting verging on a light cover now, still only around 5mm.

Oh no we didn't. Currently 0.7C. About 1cm here, though been to Huddersfax today and there's barely a dusting there; very interesting snow shadow in the lee of the hills W of Bradford.

Posted

Had a reasonably heavy snow shower at 7.30 this morning then light snow/snizzle ever since. Temps been below 0.4oc all day and currnetly -1oc.

Very patchy dusting here, none in the city center but drove upto ringinglow an hour ago and it was like a baron wilderness. The wind was blowing the snow around on the road though again, only a dusting.

Posted

Well Well just taken me 1hr to get back from Tesco in Hexham Tynedale roads covered traffic skidding heavy snow we have now got over 4 inches and its still snowing. This has been quite a short sharpe blast whiteouts on and off all afternoon temp 0.0 and falling. :unknw:

Posted

Few flakes started falling in West Peterborough about 4:35pm, then turned to drizzle but the odd flake still turning up now so not sure what's around the corner !

Posted

The snow is very slowly starting to get heavier. By that i now mean its nearly light snow instead of a flurry :unknw:

Posted

Good afternoon all

snow flurries to report from 3.00pm this afternoon, had a heavy shower around 4.30pm but now all quiet. its been a bitter day which started with a light frost, However its not been a windy as first progged but the air temps have been raw to say the least.

Average temps today 2oC but temps rising now.

LO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Around 1/2 cms here with the roads being treacherous with slush and ice. On a more downbeat note one death on the roads in Angus this morning down to a car leaving the A90 due to the weather conditions according to the police.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Showers on and off all day where i've been at work in Consett.

2 inches is a cautious estimate, there could be more.

Thunder around lunchtime and apparently a big flash of lightning in Stanley at 8am but I was out.

What a great day!

Edited by multi cellular thunderstorm