Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow reports 1st-14th January 2008

Guest megaweather

Posted

small flurries during the day but turned to bigger flakes about 4pm, and with temp 2c stuck on the roads about 200ft asl, now 3c and melted on the roads, just hanging on in the grass

p.s.

congratulations on the forecast team !.

I put an alert on our local forum on 29th Dec and came out about right, we don't get much snow here with all the water around us keeping us just that bit warmer

Edited by Verglas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Tiny flakes falling sporadically, seen with very bright garden light! If they settle we'll get a dusting built up in approximately 3 weeks... Happy for those with more though.

Posted

Snow showers,sleet showers on and off all day,didnt settle not heavy enough,currently have a wet snow shower, now still holding on the cold here,pretty good considering i was expecting nothing

Edited by cold snap

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Occasional hail and sleet showers until 5am, then frequent heavy snow showers through to 4pm. The snow settled to about 1cm depth at 7am, but melted by 11am; since then there have been a few temporary dustings. Some impressive heavy blowing snow.

Interestingly large number of thundersnow reports from the region- I can believe it, as there have been some impressive Cb towers about, but no thunder here as far as I'm aware. Still, I've witnessed wintry showers accompanied by thunder four times in the last decade, two of which were thundersnow, so I can't complain about that really.

Posted

Has been snowing all day on and off. Have about 8 cm lying but we are about 900 feet up. Strong winds also causing some sizeable drifts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.
its been snowing on and off since about 3pm :):):):D:):):shok:

hi mufc :D

glad to hear your getting a bit of the white stuff,

no snow here but very cold current temp -2.4c and falling, could be the coldest night of the winter so far. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

very light snow shower this morning and a shower this afternoon

Edited by roberthines

Posted

For the record, had a snow flurry at 17.15z - so first snow of the year here. Also coldest January day since records began in 2004

Posted
Moderate snow here now, first of the winter!

is it lying? we have light snow here at the moment and cars are starting to get white.. was -3c about 30 mins ago..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

It's been quite a good day here as I didn't expect anything, there was a moderate shower this morning which gave a slight covering and for the rest of the day some light snow on and off until about 2pm.

Posted

been snowing here, quite heavy at the min. Not in Belfast actually in Aontroim just now. Pictures from Northern Ireland

_44333911_banbridge-300.jpg

_44333708_crossgarwindscreen-300.jpg

Posted
been snowing here, quite heavy at the min. Not in Belfast actually in Aontroim just now. Pictures from Northern Ireland

_44333911_banbridge-300.jpg

_44333708_crossgarwindscreen-300.jpg

seems to be quite a bit there. hope it comes west. its not heavy enough here yet but anything that falls is sticking good. you in antrim town?

Posted

WOW! I didn't even know it was snowing, until we noticed it on the skylight! We have roughly 2" and it's still snowing heavy here. I'm in South Down, by Carlingford and the Co. Louth border. Just in between the Mournes and the Cooleys.

I've included some piccys for your enjoyment

PS: jello do you know your pics are featured on bbcnews.com ni? :)

post-2534-1199394137_thumb.jpg

post-2534-1199394207_thumb.jpg

Posted

Just occasional light hail/snow/sleet showers which last about 2 minutes, nothing turns white then the slush on the windcsreens melt soon after. Once again, an easterly fails in Aberdeen.

Posted

For the record snow flakes reported from Sandown Isle of Wight this morning around 1100hrs. Drizzle PM.

Posted

here's a couple of shots of york earlier today!!!! 1000012mo2.jpg 1000019eq0.jpg 1000014ul3.jpgthe second one i love!!! real christmas card stuff, i'll be posting alot more in the near future

Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted

snowed moderately for :) :unsure: :):) :) :) 15 seconds then turned to rain why???????

Posted

few pictures my partner took. Got a bit of snow.

post-7789-1199399935_thumb.jpg

post-7789-1199400029_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

currently very very small flakes blowing around in the wind, but even if this carried on for 15 hours it wouldnt settle.