Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Wales (cymru) And The South West

Cymro

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I have popped my head out the skylight in my roof( It was freezing), and I can see wright over to the mendips. There is not a single cloud in the sky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Certainly thicker clouds here now, but nothing falling from them! Currently -1.8C, with dew point of -6.0C and feeling like -9.1C in the wind... on the plus side, the log fire is lit and Zulu is on...

Posted
I have popped my head out the skylight in my roof( It was freezing), and I can see wright over to the mendips. There is not a single cloud in the sky.

Just posted in snow and cold thread. Watched news24 weather update at 16:57; it was a new forecast.

Looks like we're not getting anything tonite and tomorrow for most of the day. The earlier forecast had snow showers on and off for most of monday, followed by heavier snow for mon eve, for BTL and the west.

Not convinced we're going to get much. :wallbash:

Posted

We've had a few light flurries today which for here is pretty amazing. I'm just gonna sit and wait and see now. Being ever hopefull, ready for the morning, I have tuned my radio into the local station that announces the school closures!!!

Fingers crossed for us all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

wow thats a tall house to be able to see right over mendips! lol

Yes its just clear sky up here at the moment ever since around 3pm however it is getting ever colder! its now -1.4c although im confused how someone at 900feet in devon could be colder than mendips although it was cloudy here most of day so that might explain it.

Posted
It's best to be pessimistic than optimistic in these situations, then you won't be disappointed. I am expecting just a dusting of snow which won't lie on the ground for long. Any more than that will be a pleasant surprise. :wallbash:

Thats what we usually get around here. So thats a save bet

Posted
Just posted in snow and cold thread. Watched news24 weather update at 16:57; it was a new forecast.

Looks like we're not getting anything tonite and tomorrow for most of the day. The earlier forecast had snow showers on and off for most of monday, followed by heavier snow for mon eve, for BTL and the west.

well you have just depressed me even more. time to put away that sledge and get the gun out. <_<

Posted
wow thats a tall house to be able to see right over mendips! lol

Yes its just clear sky up here at the moment ever since around 3pm however it is getting ever colder! its now -1.4c although im confused how someone at 900feet in devon could be colder than mendips although it was cloudy here most of day so that might explain it.

No idea, but I am on a NE facing hill, and Dartmoor does have its own 'special' microclimate... at least those at Princetown think so... but then it is foggy for 360 days a year there. :wallbash:

Posted

Do we ever? I recall a poster from Abingdon who reckoned he lived in the most snowless place........hah, we could show him a thing or two when it comes to snowlessness!

Has anyone been brave enough to venture into the other regional threads to see how they are doing?

Posted
Do we ever? I recall a poster from Abingdon who reckoned he lived in the most snowless place........hah, we could show him a thing or two when it comes to snowlessness!

I remember him I think it was Enforcer. Anyway he got his snow in the end.

We are still waiting

Posted
  • Location: Chepstow - Where The Wye Meets The Severn ... about 0m asl

I think monday night to tuesday will be our best bet..

im surprised Gloucestershire closed schools webby hasn't picked up on the weather warnings

Posted

STOP WITH THIS NEGATIVE ATTITUDE IS IT A WONDER YOU NEVER GET ANY SNOW

Posted

Im not convinced thoughts, negative or otherwise have a direct bearing on the weather :)

Posted
STOP WITH THIS NEGATIVE ATTITUDE IS IT A WONDER YOU NEVER GET ANY SNOW

Sorry

^_^ i'm sure it will snow in darn rootin tootin cold enough (:

Posted

No but it doesn't help the mood at all not one bit.

Let's look forward to what could be our best snowfall in years and not put a dampner on things yes?

Posted

True true! On the positive, with the clouds now to the west there was a cracking sunset tonight!

Posted

MAE'N BWRW EIRA, IT'S SNOWING

Posted

Has anyone been brave enough to venture into the other regional threads to see how they are doing?

In work. Fire service till 9am tomorrow so firstly thanks to all you reporting in about current conditions. I have to vieweverything on a mobile so quite hard. Although in wales we seem to have had a downgrade i am not fully convinced looking at the fax charts. I still see that main event having affect here tomorrow. At least for south and east wales maybe even parts of south west england too. Currently i see 3 inch with locally more. Positive it stays pretty cold and another possible event with warning issued for thursday. That is upgrade for us in wales. I will post a more update and full forecast when back on computer tomorrow.

Posted

Totally agree, we in the west were never forecast snow on Sunday, always been for Monday/Tuesday so lets all look forward to it arriving tomorrow.

The weather warnings are still in force for Wales which is a good sign, so hopefully we will get what we havent had for a while, snow :)

Posted

On the positive side i see those showers are making progress into central areas and are getting closer to western areas however they seem to be fragmenting some what. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..
On the positive side i see those showers are making progress into central areas and are getting closer to western areas however they seem to be fragmenting some what. :lol:
hello im new so thought as im in cornwall you may need more of us on here...so we all think we may get some snow im redruth area.??? will we see the white stuff, not sure if i have writen this in the right place so saying sorry now if i havent lolo

Posted

satellite images show a large cloudless patch over pretty much the whole of south central and south western england, but it is all moving quite quickly!

Posted
hello im new so thought as im in cornwall you may need more of us on here...so we all think we may get some snow im redruth area.??? will we see the white stuff, not sure if i have writen this in the right place so saying sorry now if i havent lolo

Welcome I am also new. According to metcheck you should see snow tomorrow evening through the night and morning. I am no expert though.

Good luck with recieving the snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

:lol: Crikey. The numbers are dropping fast now.

Temperature is just down to 0c but the dewpoint has plummeted to -9.8c, almost a 4c drop in an hour (which will be related to the huge drop in humidity).

I'm a lot more confident than some of the posters on the Wales/SW thread. We weren't supposed to see much snow until later tonight anyway so I'm prepered to wait a few more hours.

Our time will come....