Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Wales (cymru) And The South West

Cymro

Posted

Clouded over just wondering will something fall ?those who have been having flurries have any settled?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please
Clouded over just wondering will something fall ?those who have been having flurries have any settled?

Its been cloudy all day here... nada yet, although it has got darker in the last 30mins or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

had a few snow flurry earlier and flakes have not melted but u have to look for them.

Posted
had a few snow flurry earlier and flakes have not melted but u have to look for them.

Nothing here in north bristol; in fact it's sunny! Just posted on another thread is a radar snap from 3.00pm and it looks like this afternoon's action in the midlands and south east is going to miss us. Hopefully it'll develop more through the next few hours though.

Posted

Oh right, Getting darker here too but the clouds are moving so fast so surly in any showers they will be shorlived yes? Looks asif we could see quite a few snow showers tonight here so who knows in any lenghtier ones may leave us with a covering by morning don't you think?

All this talk about Southern Central England, The Media is so England biased it's dead annoying.

Posted
  • Location: Chepstow - Where The Wye Meets The Severn ... about 0m asl

huge grey cloud producing small flakes in the wind every so often..

most we have seen in the past too years (i almost had a heart attack wen i seen a flake :L)

heading south west/west direction.

WOOOOO :D

Posted
huge grey cloud producing small flakes in the wind every so often..

most we have seen in the past too years (i almost had a heart attack wen i seen a flake :L)

heading south west/west direction.

WOOOOO :D

Decided to head across the bridge rather than down the M5 then!

Posted
Decided to head across the bridge rather than down the M5 then!

hahahaa that made me chuckle

its right above me.. I just want the thing to pop now .. !

having sunday lunch in a moment so will add to the atmos

I think we should all by snow machines ready for next year... just to drive everyone one else mad and break the bristol - cardiff snow shield

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Met Office update for this evening and tonight + Monday for Wales and The South West

Wales:

Monday-

Remaining cloudy with snow, giving further falls in most places with a continuing risk of some heavy snow across hills in the east, drifting in strong winds. Very cold. Maximum temperature 1 °C.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wl/...st_weather.html

South West:

Monday-

Remaining cloudy and very cold with further snow at times with perhaps some significant snowfall over the Moors with drifting in the strong northeasterly winds. Maximum temperature 2 °C.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/sw/...st_weather.html

Posted
Nice and sunny here and bristol.

If you didnt go outside you wouldnt think snow was on the way.

well it isnt on the way is it!? bristol and somerset look pants on the radar with the gap sticking too us! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Had a few flurries around here, only the odd flake though.

Posted

hi well the sunny day they said we would have today was wrong its been so cloudy with barley a gap, nice big black clouds now but not expecting anything at the moment.. From watching the bbc and sky they hardly mention the west at all just keep banging on about the east and north.. By the look of it they dont expect much down here :)

Im not totally convinced time will tell .. Keep up the posts dont want them over in the east to have all the fun want to see us at the top of the frount page :) .. so come on lets out do all the other threads..

kaz x

Posted
well it isnt on the way is it!? bristol and somerset look pants on the radar with the gap sticking too us! :)

Yeah. Someone posted a radar shot on the Midlands thread just now and the n.midlands is full of heavy snow showers!

But it looks like it's heading into mid-wales :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I think we will see something, but having lived down here for 34yrs and going on past experience, we probably see a lot less than anywhere else in the country.

We will most likely get our snow from rogue showers, rather than a constant stream of showers or longer periods of snow.

Edited by SteveB

Posted
Yeah. Someone posted a radar shot on the Midlands thread just now and the n.midlands is full of heavy snow showers!

But it looks like it's heading into mid-wales :)

Always the way you want it so much it knows and decides to detour around, the result is banging your head against a brick wall.

Posted
Always the way you want it so much it knows and decides to detour around, the result is banging your head against a brick wall.

post-8911-1233502609_thumb.png

Hmm i don't see any reaching somerset from this radar. as usual its north south and east of us :D

Posted

Met says many places will now see a dusting in Wales by the morning .

Posted
hi well the sunny day they said we would have today was wrong its been so cloudy with barley a gap, nice big black clouds now but not expecting anything at the moment.. From watching the bbc and sky they hardly mention the west at all just keep banging on about the east and north.. By the look of it they dont expect much down here :good:

Im not totally convinced time will tell .. Keep up the posts dont want them over in the east to have all the fun want to see us at the top of the frount page :D .. so come on lets out do all the other threads..

kaz x

We could have a Wales and South West Whingeing Thread. :D

I live on a main road and the gritter hasn't been by yet, so the council are obviously not expecting anything imminently.

Bristol won't get a sodding flake, excuse my language. :lol:

Always worth trying the old reverse psychology thing. Does anyone have any good ideas, like putting the sledge back in the loft, or something?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall in particular but most aspects of weather, hate hot and humid.

Have seen the first few flakes blowing in the wind down here in the last 20 minutes. Broken cloud though so just a little taster for later I think.

Posted
We could have a Wales and South West Whingeing Thread. :good:

I live on a main road and the gritter hasn't been by yet, so the council are obviously not expecting anything imminently.

Bristol won't get a sodding flake, excuse my language. :D

Always worth trying the old reverse psychology thing. Does anyone have any good ideas, like putting the sledge back in the loft, or something?!

i have turned my computer off and tryed to forget about it twice but failed and can't stop looking at that awful radar which has projected ppn to move into west country but it just seems to march on west missing us.