Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Wales (cymru) And The South West

Cymro

Some showers are likely tonight, with a dusting possible just about anywhere, they were not really expected during daytime

For tomorrow, with the latest models tonight, a spell of moderate snow seems likely from the occlusion for most areas tomorrow night, not as heavy as the main band further east, but certainly enough to give us a good covering, on top of this the showers are set to continue will into Tuesday, so several inches is certainly a possiblity, and maybe the 4 inches remains possible in a few luck locations.

The latest NW forecast for the week ahead has just been issued as well.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=week;sess=

Posted
  • Location: Chepstow - Where The Wye Meets The Severn ... about 0m asl

I love metcheck's snow risk

Monday 0:00 - Tuesday 18:00 = constant 100% snow risk for cheppo

(:

(Apologies if i have been posting in the wrong thread... i seem to have inadvertently moved :L)

Edited by Tommypoo

Posted

Flakes of snow flying through now on the strong wind when I was on the hill ,temps are dropping aswell -1.1c

A few showers coming through anyway,a heavier one due south.

Radar is down drat,forget that it`s just slow.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

the latest beeb forecast was on just then,,,

don't no what happening in the immediate time because she had her hand over my area for half the forcast... removed it and then a temperature sqaure appeared but tomorrow night and Tuesday are going to be FUN FUN FUN

Posted
STOP WITH THIS NEGATIVE ATTITUDE IS IT A WONDER YOU NEVER GET ANY SNOW

:):)

the latest beeb forecast was on just then,,,

don't no what happening in the immediate time because she had her hand over my area for half the forcast... removed it and then a temperature sqaure appeared but tomorrow night and Tuesday are going to be FUN FUN FUN

Snow for Wales tomorrow afternoon, then coming back in the evening and lasting until morning.

Matches up with the UKMO forecasts.

Posted
MAE'N BWRW EIRA, IT'S SNOWING

See...it's alright for you.

:):)

Posted
Snow for Wales tomorrow afternoon, then coming back in the evening and lasting until morning.

Matches up with the UKMO forecasts.

Thank You (:

Posted

Hey Adam just got back from up your land, nice shower passed you, got back here and it was snowing as well. Shame it was pretty light. All past now, more to come by the looks of it on the radar.

Posted

lol

just subscribed to the radar service for a month.

got a feeling it'll be 3.49 well spent!

:D

Posted
lol

just subscribed to the radar service for a month.

got a feeling it'll be 3.49 well spent!

:D

It's not. It's made my life a misery, constantly watching it is depressing. But it can be exciting until the precip disappears or changes course.

__

Edited by shaunwales

Posted

As i said earlier this afternoon, i'm really concerned about west country and s.wales snow chances now.

After seeing the BBC news weather 30 mins ago i just think we're going to miss out, even tomorrow eve. The trend for our areas has been a definite downgrade in last 12 hrs. sorry to be a prophet of doom and gloom!

It was only 48 hrs ago that it looked like we were going to profit the most from snow! :D

Posted

The dewpoint has plummeted here in the last 40 mins with dewpoint and humidity still dropping

temp: 0.1c

dewpoint: -7.9c

humidity: 55%

I hope we can get atleast a dusting tonight here as it will settle streight away with the temps forecast around -2c /-3c. then i hope for more snow tomorrrow and tomorow night lol.. think i should see at least a bit looking at the charts though nothing like some places in the east.

theres a more organised area of showers coming into the SE now hopefully they can cross the south without dieing completely

Posted

The Netweather 7-day forecast for Bristol, now shows all precipitation tomorrow and Tuesday as snow.

Yesterday it was shown as turning to sleet - a sure indication the warm sector is now much further east or less pronounced than once predicted.

Posted

Itv west weather promised tonight

Though im not too sure about my side because there was a temperature blob over me when everyone else had weather symbols ¬_¬ dam living where i do.

That weather forecast was uplifting ^_^ im happy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..
The Netweather 7-day forecast for Bristol, now shows all precipitation tomorrow and Tuesday as snow.

Yesterday it was shown as turning to sleet - a sure indication the warm sector is now much further east or less pronounced than once predicted.

oooo its so horrid not knowing properly but i guess we will find out soon enough, and dont you just hate it when watching the weather they always stand over cornwall, whats that about lolo.

Posted
As i said earlier this afternoon, i'm really concerned about west country and s.wales snow chances now.

After seeing the BBC news weather 30 mins ago i just think we're going to miss out, even tomorrow eve. The trend for our areas has been a definite downgrade in last 12 hrs. sorry to be a prophet of doom and gloom!

It was only 48 hrs ago that it looked like we were going to profit the most from snow! :D

Chances still look good to me?

post-3528-1233513044_thumb.pngpost-3528-1233513049_thumb.png

post-3528-1233513054_thumb.pngpost-3528-1233513061_thumb.png

Snow risk remains above 75% during these 9-12 hours.

Seems the mild sector just skirts a fair distance to the north of Bristol, keeping us in snow.

Edited by Thundersquall

Posted

Yep it has slacked off now and have clear skies. Any more showers progged for tonight?

Well I couldn't disagree with you more, that charts tonight look really good (UKMO and GFS), for some moderate snowfall tomorrow night and even the BBC forecast was better tonight.

(the UKMO precip charts are available on Meteociel.

Even the triple point is further west, the prospects are looking very promising indeed,

Posted
Yep it has slacked off now and have clear skies. Any more showers progged for tonight?

Some should be with you soon Adam. I CBA to ETA for you. :) Let's say North Cardiff over the Beacons.

Posted
Some should be with you soon Adam. I CBA to ETA for you. :) Let's say North Cardiff over the Beacons.

Haha sorry shaun what does i CBA TO ETA mean haha? Isit Greek?

Lol is there skies look remotely clear but weirdly the flakes are still blowing around:S