Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Wales (cymru) And The South West

Cymro

Posted
Most parts of the west country should see some brief light snow in a few hours, it doesnt look like the band is fizzing out.

It would be nice to get a taster before the main event.

Hope you're correct BB! Cloud cover here in north bristol at the mo is not particularly thick or low. I'm not expecting much to be honest until the morning. Tomorrow eve looks best, but even that looks marginal for us in terms of heavy snow. That main band is forecast to go north through the midlands

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

We have had light snow for around an hour or so now so with that band of snow moving towards west around 3pm it could be interesting. :nonono:

strange the radar is not picking up any snow down here yet?

Posted
Hope you're correct BB! Cloud cover here in north bristol at the mo is not particularly thick or low. I'm not expecting much to be honest until the morning. Tomorrow eve looks best, but even that looks marginal for us in terms of heavy snow. That main band is forecast to go north through the midlands

I think we'll do alright. Yeah that main band just seems to miss us, but things can still change. At the moment the Central Midlands is the place to be.

Posted
We have had light snow for around an hour or so now so with that band of snow moving towards west around 3pm it could be interesting. :)

strange the radar is not picking up any snow down here yet?

Blue sky and the sun is out now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please
I am really confused, met office has downgraded Devon and yet the Net Weather snow risk charts have consistently shown a 100% risk of snow for us on Mon/Tues for the last few days. I am really deflated now as I have been so looking forward to this and now it looks like we will get nothing (Sorry for being miserable) :):):nonono:

Its also at odds with the latest countryfile forecast, which showed quite heavy snow over Devon for a time. Guess its just going to be a case of wait and see, but if its going to be this cold out and not get snow its just miserable...

Posted

:oI'm liking the Countryfile forecast for Tuesday and Thursday! :o Fingers crossed. :):):cold:

P.S. Has anyone noticed how this area gets covered up by the forecasters' left arm, when they start pointing?

Posted

Now the fact that the Met have a red warning for the SOuth East proves their East bias when the east is forecast to have around 15cm , if that was here no difference would occur but because i suppose its a populated area and people arent used to snow down there that's why. Bit pathetic really. They should be orange like the rest of us.

Posted
:oI'm liking the Countryfile forecast for Tuesday and Thursday! :o Fingers crossed. :):):cold:

P.S. Has anyone noticed how this area gets covered up by the forecasters' left arm, when they start pointing?

Yeah very annoying, I think the main band just clips us. If it shunts a little more west then I think we'll hit the jackpot aswell lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
Now the fact that the Met have a red warning for the SOuth East proves their East bias when the east is forecast to have around 15cm , if that was here no difference would occur but because i suppose its a populated area and people arent used to snow down there that's why. Bit pathetic really. They should be orange like the rest of us.

No they are forecast to get hit the worst, Southeast England is going to get pounded with snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
No they are forecast to get hit the worst, Southeast England is going to get pounded with snow

It says up to 15cm, yet for the rest of the country it is up to 30cm.

I think it is because London will grind to a standstill as they are not used to lying snow.

Posted

Looks like net-weather going offline shortly,record amount of folk on here not surprised after seeing countryfile. :lol:

1.2c here now with more cloud.

however the occluded band to the west of that band is heading directly for us.

---------------------

NW is going off line as we are having record numbers of people on here, and we are upgrading the servers to cope with the demand, shouldn't be off for too long though.

Posted
Looks like net-weather going offline shortly,record amount of folk on here not surprised after seeing countryfile. :lol:

1.2c here now with more cloud.

imagine the traffic when the heavier stuff starts pushing in :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
No Meto alert currently for Tuesday, however I would imagine that they are currently working on that at the moment.

Yeah, the Met Office seems to be going into a bigger meltdown than Net Weather at the moment!

Posted

What we dont even have one for monday now whats going on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

they are either downgrading us or upgrading us no idea! please come back

Posted

Yes their warnings are changing every minute just wait an hour their sorting them out i would imagine. Did Net weather go off because i couldnt get on a minute a go?

Posted
Yes their warnings are changing every minute just wait an hour their sorting them out i would imagine. Did Net weather go off because i couldnt get on a minute a go?

They were upgrading due to the amount of traffic on the site

Posted

Yes i know i was just wondering if it was then or later but clearly then because the notice has been removed now, Well i haven't had a snow flake yet? Anyone in Abertawe had any? A band is ment to wipe through is today isn't it looking on beeb and meto?

Posted
Yes i know i was just wondering if it was then or later but clearly then because the notice has been removed now, Well i haven't had a snow flake yet? Anyone in Abertawe had any? A band is ment to wipe through is today isn't it looking on beeb and meto?

Nothing in Swansea yet, sunny spells continue. Could be interesting later on if these showers continue to push westwards...