Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Wales (cymru) And The South West

Cymro

Posted
I would be annoyed if Bristol got no snow at all, but the Isles of Scilly had some!

Beginning to think this has got a bit marginal, whereas 24 hrs ago i would've said "Very much game on!" for BTL.

Posted

I hope it snows proper as work outside building and there is nowt more frustrating than not knowing whether to build or not

Posted
I hope it snows proper as work outside building and there is nowt more frustrating than not knowing whether to build or not

Noticed on the Model Output Discussion that everyone is concentrating on the end of the week. What's the score re. monday and tuesday for BTL?

Posted

It's still reletively mild in the far South West, so I'm hoping for a real drop in temperatures over the next 24 hours otherwise I reckon this is just going to be another disappointing event.

Snow over Wales on thursday except for southern Wales. :doh:

The latest FAX charts are exceptional at that time frame, no point in looking at the detail at this stage, especially when Southern Wales could do the best over the next 72 hours.

Noticed on the Model Output Discussion that everyone is concentrating on the end of the week. What's the score re. monday and tuesday for BTL?

No Change, still looks very promising indeed for snow overnight Monday into Tuesday.

Posted
The latest FAX charts are exceptional at that time frame, no point in looking at the detail at this stage, especially when Southern Wales could do the best over the next 72 hours.

No Change, still looks very promising indeed for snow overnight Monday into Tuesday.

hopefully we will get snow in cardiff yay

cheers

rob

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
If we get less then 3cm I will be gutted.

Too much potential for anything less then that.

Im happy with 3cm, can cause mayhem here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Id be happy with 3cm, but i think there's room for more than that. We will see what the Met Office have to say in there update later on today and there Warnings/Advisories will be updated around 11am

Fingers crossed :crazy:

Posted

Nos da Jay cysga'n braf hehe

Well i reckon this is one of those were we are all secretly excited but we all try to contain it so that we don't seem overly enthusiastic this reminds me of march 2006 and end of feb were we were forecast a day of snow and as they days went on snow was forecast for the following day rite up to i think about the 13th? and we had 11 inches in this part of wales swansea even managed around 8inches ? Can you confirm this jackone? That's been one of the best snows in my lifetime, You know it's snow when the main road has a good few inches on it after ploughing and gritting. Will this happen again? part of me says yes part of me says no?

Posted
I'm secretly hoping to be measuring my snow in feet and inches, rather than cm's and mm's :D Else I'll be a bit B)

And I think if I got hardly any snow I'd be a bit :D :lol: :o

But if I did get inches of snow I'd be saying: :fool: !

Edited by Thundersquall

Posted

Having trawled through the models it looks like a right mixed bag for Wales, especially the SW. The main band of snow only skirts with us on Mondy night and then turns sleety, however the Met has snow returning from the north on Wednesday and Thursday as a northerly sets in. Despite the euphoria for Mon/Tues it looks like the end of the week could well be my best chance of lying snow :)

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales

Hi Guys,

Justed watched Alex Deaking showing national forecast and it looks as though the snow will be running up the Welsh border and not ' invading' as we seem to think - have I missed anything. He said there will be showers/flurries - have Wales been downgraded with the charts giving a northward shift? I have been unable to get on since yesterday.

I work in Cardiff and was hoping even down there - we would get some.

JK

Edited by CRACKPOT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Unfortunately those nasty easterners have hopecasted the warm sector so far east that it has taken the PPN with it - resulting in nothing for the SW! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Unfortunately those nasty easterners have hopecasted the warm sector so far east that it has taken the PPN with it - resulting in nothing for the SW! :)

yeah not so good today bbc seem to have monday nights snow miles further east, looks more broken and showery here, this is an eastern event, but still looking good for NW midlands but way better for east

Posted

Cant believe we are going to miss out at and be let down at this late stage. As all the precipertation gone east???

Posted

I think we need to start hopecasting the warm sector back west again just to annoy the easterners! Its About time we had something for once! :)

Luckily unlike the BBC who have any precip dieing out over these parts and it becoming almost completely dry, the GFS does still have precip which would be snow over this area tomorrow night.

ukprec.png

ukprec.png

Still looking quite good from the GFS 00z run. Lets hope the 06z says the same or more precip and we do actually get decent snow. Ive seen it going somewhere else (usually east) and missing us at the last minute enough times before :)

Edit just to say remember that those charts show the rate water equivalent ppn fall per hour and 1cm of rain is roughly 10cm of snow.

Edited by StormMad26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
Cant believe we are going to miss out at and be let down at this late stage. As all the precipertation gone east???

Hi Wintry Wales,

Unfortunately - yes - Wales is to be let down - best we can hope for is a few flurries - marvellous!! - I can get one of them from McDonalds!

From experience (was around in the 80's) this used to happen quite often then with these events - they always struggled to get anywhere near Wales - they always run out of steam at the border and refused to pay the tolls!

Hope something changes, but within this timescale unlikely, but if all of Wales cross their fingers and say 'Croeso' - it might pop

across !

JK

Edited by CRACKPOT