Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

These bonus snow showers we been having all morning are not lasting more than 5-10 mins max and getting blown away too quickly by the wind,,,

Will the wind need to die down to get more than a 5 minute flurry ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
Paul, do you think this is a sign of things to come this evening and tonight, with the snow pushing into the center and east of Kent, and missing the London area all together?

Im not Paul, but no this isnt a sign, all this snow at the mo is a bonus, as has been said the REAL stuff starts toniht, bands of snow showers hitting across the whole of the south and east.

Posted

After brief respite, heavy snow falling again in E Grinstead. Just drove back from Haywards Heath & countryside starting to turn white.

Posted

the temp has realy started to fall here was 1.1c around 45 mins ago now 0.2c, under mostly sunny skies, is this the prop cold air moving in?, off the norfolk coast the air temp is 1c now, looks like more showers on the way here jus off coast

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
These bonus snow showers we been having all morning are not lasting more than 5-10 mins max and getting blown away too quickly by the wind,,,

Will the wind need to die down to get more than a 5 minute flurry ??

In 1991 we had bands of snow showers that quickly moved through because of the wind . But because there was so many it looked as if it was the same shower :lol: . Not as cold but just the same later , shower after shower!

Edited by neilsouth

Posted

snow in portsmouth, hampshire - a good sign already !!! Temp 2.7 -= quite high, dew point -4.9

Edited by PompeyFC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!
snow in portsmouth, hampshire - a good sign already !!! Temp 2.7 -= quite high, dew point -4.9

WAAAYYY, Pompey! 1.9 and rising here in Soton - I suppose that's the increasing cloud cover?

Kate

Posted
Im not Paul, but no this isnt a sign, all this snow at the mo is a bonus, as has been said the REAL stuff starts toniht, bands of snow showers hitting across the whole of the south and east.

snow has changed consistency small powder like flakes/groblets[if thats a word] temp 0.1c/dp -2.8

Edited by TN9

Posted
Paul, do you think this is a sign of things to come this evening and tonight, with the snow pushing into the center and east of Kent, and missing the London area all together?

I can almost touch the Snow, Massive Cauliflower Tops running in a line to my South East running along the North Kent Coast, Clear to my North with Blue Skies and I keep getting Light Snow from the Anvils :lol:

Paul S

Posted

In some respects this easterly is somewhat similar to Feb 1991, the big difference being the cold isn't nearly as deep but nonetheless the basic set-up is rather similar and therefore the showers should be dragged well inland and still be pretty heavy.

Personally I suspect we are looking at a lot of snowfall thanks to these streamers that are coming in, away from coasts I fully expect several inches before the main stuff comes along.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Yay!! - thick blowing flakes here now and getting darker. Ground going white. Time to go out!! :lol:

Trees and branches going white quickly

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Blooming well hope not!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Flurries again but i'm surrounded by anvils :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Lucky devils, keep pushing it this way please. Thank you :lol:

Posted

I'm glad they managed to get the names back at the bottom of the thread, otherwise it feels like you're talking to yourself! :lol: I really hope people enjoy the snow and make the most of it , it maybe many years again before an event such as this might happen.

Posted
In 1991 we had bands of snow showers that quickly moved through because of the wind . But because there was so many it looked as if it was the same shower ;) . Not as cold but just the same later , shower after shower!

I was out the country then and missed all of 91 events :lol:

And to make matters worse ,,all friends were sending me lovely snowy photos :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Hey pompey , blow some across th water to th IOW please :lol: i think shanklin,brading and freshwater had a couple flurries earlier but nothing yet in Newport!!! ;)

Its very overcast and temps dropping!! Im praying we'll see some later :lol:

Posted

There's a dark cloud approaching, there's almost a down torrent but it could just be a light flurry. Heading straight for me. Temp has gone from 0.3c to 0.9c in a matter of a few minutes.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Amazing sudden transformation of the scenery here. Visibilty is right down. :lol:

Boots, Coat and scarf at the ready - see you's later :lol:

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted
In some respects this easterly is somewhat similar to Feb 1991, the big difference being the cold isn't nearly as deep but nonetheless the basic set-up is rather similar and therefore the showers should be dragged well inland and still be pretty heavy.

Personally I suspect we are looking at a lot of snowfall thanks to these streamers that are coming in, away from coasts I fully expect several inches before the main stuff comes along.

The slightly higher temps might help in terms of accumalations. Warmer air can accommodate more moisture!!!