Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
Cool, think I'll be taking Golden Hound over Christchurch Park shortly. If ya see a Husky running around in the snow, It's Duke lol.

I always pop down to Christchurch park when it snows, becomes absolutely beautiful in there- great pics. And huskey's are my favourite dog, so I will keep an eye out If I do ! :)

Posted

I've come down to east sussex till monday to catch the beginning of the snow (back to oxford on monday). Right now we have some relatively heavy snow falling. and its finnaly beginning to lie. 10 mins from tunbridge wells.

Posted

coming down quite thick and fast down in Woodchurch at the mo

Posted

Dont know where to post this question, but i thought you southerners would know. My kids ride a double decker bus too and from school. Do you think they will be running tomorrow????

Had a 15min spell of some rather heavy snow.. now the clouds breaking up.

Posted
Yes southen and Thurrock.

Basically 10cm tonight from the TSS and a further 5-10cm tomorrow afternoon prompted the warning.

Thanks.

Bring on the streamer.

Chances of getting into London on the trains in the morning = 0%!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun
heavy snow falling and winds picked up on east kent coast for 20mins now

hi ya yeah its great!! more more more!!!!

Posted
Dont know where to post this question, but i thought you southerners would know. My kids ride a double decker bus too and from school. Do you think they will be running tomorrow????

Had a 15min spell of some rather heavy snow.. now the clouds breaking up.

Last time Arriva (the company we have) stopped running because of the snow here was March 2005 - they had 15cm then, so a possibility I would imagine! :lol:

Guest North Sea Snow Convection
Woo hoo the flakes are really flying outside. Big showers coming in now. :lol:

Great news :) After light snow grain flurries earlier have seen the first quite large flakes blowing around here. Waiting for the heavy one's now :)

Edit - arriving now!!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Cloudy skies and windy but the snow has stopped , booooooooooo!

Posted
MO are warning of up to a foot of snow even at lower levels now!

All I can see is half a foot perhaps widely. That's 15cm or 5 and a half inches. Still a lot of course, but that'll be for the most prone areas as the showers merge around the London area. I do notice they mention higher ground, yes there may well be 3 quarters of a foot, perhaps a foot, but not at lower levels.

Looks very interesting for the pennines now, perhaps 16 inches or so.

Posted

Has everyone see the MASS of cloud building in germany? i don't think we've seen anything yet this is just a taster!

http://www.sat24.com/frame.php?html=view&country=gb

http://www.sat24.com/eu

Edited by neilsouth

Cloudy skies and windy but the snow has stopped , booooooooooo!

Last post before we all go offline for a while-

Every bit of snow seen in the SE today so far has been bonus snow, I still have the 6-9pm Kick off time as the main event-

Whilst people further west may be concerned- most of what has fallen today will melt in the afternoon sunny gaps barring the likes of Wrotham & bluebell hill etc-

The main is LATER- with the push harder westwards up the upper air- showers should still travel WSW but at less of an angle- hence the Thames streamer on the Country file forecast-

Steve

Posted

beginning to get a clean layer of white over everything. (flat surfaces that is, like the road and paths and roofs.

snow heavy right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow - I'm an 80 year old kid at heart!
Has everyone see the MASS of cloud building in germany? i don't think we've seen anything yet this is just a taster!

http://www.sat24.com/frame.php?html=view&country=gb

http://www.sat24.com/eu

Don't mention the war or they won't send it to us!

Posted

Every bit of snow seen in the SE today so far has been bonus snow, I still have the 6-9pm Kick off time as the main event-

Whilst people further west may be concerned- most of what has fallen today will melt in the afternoon sunny gaps barring the likes of Wrotham & bluebell hill etc-

The main is LATER- with the push harder westwards up the upper air- showers should still travel WSW but at less of an angle- hence the Thames streamer on the Country file forecast-

Steve

Steve would you be so kind as to do a risk map of areas that you feel will be hit hardest by tonights streamer?

Posted
Last time Arriva (the company we have) stopped running because of the snow here was March 2005 - they had 15cm then, so a possibility I would imagine! :lol:

Thanks... I wonder if the london bus company will have anything on their web page? Seems a bit cruel to have to take the kids if they have snow to play in :)

Posted

Steve

Not good for S Kent and Sussex then? We've done pretty well so far this afternoon, almost a Kentimetre now :lol:

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Sounds very much as though on this occasion those of us further south in the region may not see the best of the snow showers later. Need more of a NE'erly to get the ideal snow streamer down here. We'll see :lol:

The BBC graphics showed the Thames streamer up very well - so it looks too far north for regions on Kent/East Suusex border

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection