Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Hey all, first post here for a few years. Used to follow the forums closely when I had a job where I could get away with doing no work and browse these forums instead!

Anyway, just looked out the window and we have a nice covering approx 1cm already. Still coming down, but looks like the best is yet to come going on the forecasts and current charts.

I feel like a kid again :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails
just started snowing here again in basildon,essex

Where are you in Bas? I am off of whitmore way. Oh and its still coming down nicely :D:):)

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Wind has suddenly really got up again. Got one of those small flake mini whiteouts atm. The lying snow is also being picked up now and being blown in sheets down the road. Love it! :D

Posted

Had some real tasty snow showers this afternoon (a really pleasant suprise) which has left a covering i most places, just started coming down again...radar looking good! :D

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
Covering getting deeper and still snowing, Luverly Orange Sky, It is absolutely Full of it.

I'm not going to Work Tomorrow, I'm Not going to work tomorrow - Ner Ner Ner Ner Nah :)

DAMN YOU PAUL!! , stop rubbing it in :D:)

Posted

Its fine the wind change has actually dried out where I am as well. Despite that with such a rash of showers now developing near the thames it probably won't be too long before more and more starts to push inland and form elsewhere as well in the north sea.

The rash of showers near East Anglia is in response to the more unstable airflow reaching the east coast, models suggest this will spread across much of the south in the next 6hrs or so.

Posted
DAMN YOU PAUL!! , stop rubbing it in :lol: :D

:lol: :D:D Thank you for all your Praying Neil

This could go on all night, Stevie M I am sending It gift wrapped to you, It might have some White Stilettos with it but what the Hell

Paul S

Posted
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
Now that the winds have veered to a more favorable direction once the streamer starts it probably wont stop till the frontal system starts to come in and changes the wind direction again a little...

My word how I'd love to be at home right now, my area would be hammered by just such a set-up...

Presumably more favourable for some means less favourable for others though ?

Posted
Covering getting deeper and still snowing, Luverly Orange Sky, It is absolutely Full of it.

I'm not going to Work Tomorrow, I'm Not going to work tomorrow - Ner Ner Ner Ner Nah :D

If previous snow streamers are anything to go by you should have probably a good 10cms if not more by dawn of tommorow, man how I miss Essex in these set-ups!

Posted
What does it's tiling mean please paul?

The Allignment of the Shower Train - ENE All night with Maximum Instability = Heavy Showers and getting heavier until Mid Morning tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Finally, SNOW!

Posted

just a couple of showers during the afternoon. nothing much.

as expected, here in cambs, just clear and cold. it will miss us yet again, i have no doubt. :D

Posted

I've been thinking again (never a good sign :D )

If my college does risk opening tomorrow - they will be pushing it abit thin about being able to get home safely.

I live several miles from my college - and get a bus there and back. Most of this bus route is along back roads that dont get treated.

If i end up going tomorrow, with it being dodgy - it's gonna be one hell of a task going home in the worst of it.

Posted

I'm not going to Work Tomorrow, I'm Not going to work tomorrow - Ner Ner Ner Ner Nah :D

im slightly jeleous looking at thames streamer and knowing only a few miles up the road its tippin down london essex and sussex gonna see the best for years

Edited by biddie

Posted
If previous snow streamers are anything to go by you should have probably a good 10cms if not more by dawn of tommorow, man how I miss Essex in these set-ups!

Darren I feel your Pain, I would so hate to be out of Essex when a true Streamer Sets Up.

Like when I check the Radars when I Am Chasing in the US And A Plume is Expected over the South East, I watch nervously all the reports and the Red and White echoes moving up from France