Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch : Cymru And South West England

J10

Posted

Kaz its still looking good for you and South east wales. BBC seem more concerned about South East England due to main event and population there and are not concentrating on development daking place further west that is LIKELY to take place later.

Bit worried about WEDNESDAY as the temps look marginal but there is another event around then that with a slight upgrade will be great for us.

later in the week it still looks pretty damn good too.

Today will be about watching for development in the west as the main event moves North from southeast. GFS had this further west originally but as ECM predicted it moved eastwards and the benefit of that is of course its stayed as snow not rain over England which is better than sleet/ rain but downside is less percipitation further west.

So watch the radar , cross all your fingers and later tonight all eyes move towards your local lampost. Most will get atleast inch or too, development could give sustained snow in places >4 inch but will need more development than bbc are saying. But hey they are watching further east.

Posted
You got the NW Radar?

Its about 30 mins away but it looks like its heading the north of the WC and gloucester area :lol:

Not got NW Radar, but can see it on Met Of Radar..quite like the look of the echos around Salisbury area...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

My advice now is for some of you to have a rest and come back in a couple of hours and calm down before the real fun begins,come on children do as your told, hee hee :lol:

Posted
Not got NW Radar, but can see it on Met Of Radar..quite like the look of the echos around Salisbury area...

Thasts what i got and its snowing heavy at the min, i live in potterne just outside of devizes lyk 5 miles from saislbury plane, im thinkin of makin a snowman

Posted
My advice now is for some of you to have a rest and come back in a couple of hours and calm down before the real fun begins,come on children do as your told, hee hee :lol:

Counts to ten..and relax.... A new cup of coffee is in order!

Posted
Kaz its still looking good for you and South east wales. BBC seem more concerned about South East England due to main event and population there and are not concentrating on development daking place further west that is LIKELY to take place later.

Bit worried about WEDNESDAY as the temps look marginal but there is another event around then that with a slight upgrade will be great for us.

later in the week it still looks pretty damn good too.

Today will be about watching for development in the west as the main event moves North from southeast. GFS had this further west originally but as ECM predicted it moved eastwards and the benefit of that is of course its stayed as snow not rain over England which is better than sleet/ rain but downside is less percipitation further west.

So watch the radar , cross all your fingers and later tonight all eyes move towards your local lampost. Most will get atleast inch or too, development could give sustained snow in places >4 inch but will need more development than bbc are saying. But hey they are watching further east.

Hi thank you so much for taking the time to reply.. :) ... You said exactly the same as me re- the south east :lol: ...

So i will see how the day pans out and maybe have a re-think around 1600 i cant leave it any longer than that as i will have to get them into hospital if i cant get out to them tonight :lol: .. so please keep me updated as we are not getting any sense out of the aa or rac or the bbc or the met.. thank god for NW :lol:

kaz xx

Posted

For actual conditions a good tip is to check traffic cams

i add a link for wales here

http://www.traffic-wales.com/traffic

Brecon Beacons has a nice bit of snow and just checked cams by Ebbw Vale and snowing fairly heavy which is North east to me.

hope this helps someone with nowcasting.

Posted
Counts to ten..and relax.... A new cup of coffee is in order!

Ha thats the spirit, this is the most fun I have had on this forum since 2004,I was known as dorsetsnow in those days I was about member 200 then but got bored a couple of years ago and was born again!! :):)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Finally... some light, and that may be an understatement, snow!

Posted

What we gonna do then when it gets that bad we have power cuts, no more communicating on here for some,I have a jenny hee hee :)

Posted
Might see my first heavy snow shower.

ppn6je7.jpg

That shower has just left a nice 1cm ontop of the poor excuse for snow we did have so enjoy it :)

more than enough to have a decent snowball fight! Just been out in it :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Count yourself lucky... where I live they can't even get the gritters down the road... usually we get bags of salt but haven't seen any for a few years... hence why my road is like an ice rink at the moment with the spring from further up flows over it... sheet ice, with snow on top and granite boulders just under the hedges... gotta love Dartmoor.

Posted
That shower has just left a nice 1cm ontop of the poor excuse for snow we did have so enjoy it :)

more than enough to have a decent snowball fight! Just been out in it :D

same here stil snowing got about 3 cm now i recon :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Brief snow showers here, a dusting early this morning. Will keep you posted if any heavier snow comes in.