Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch : Cymru And South West England

J10

Posted

06z GFS looks alright for today, perhaps a bit better even. All eyes are on thursday onwards tho'.

Posted
Looking at the Met radar the echos off the NW coast of Devon and Corwall are intensifying and moving inland so you could see quite a bit from it.

As for the next 24/48 hours, I think it's fair to say that nowcasting is the way to go as most snow will come and go, and a matter of a few miles could make all the difference.

Can't see where any downgrading is coming from tbh. The BBC are playing catch up I reckon. GFS still suggest a pretty intense period later today into tomorrow on the wrap around. Edit: in fact if anything the 6z has intensified it still further.

Liking the look of the radar near here, and great to know Kaz is getting a heavy fall just up the road. Was this forecast by the Beeb this morning? Not really ...

Edited by West is Best

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!
Any more from Yeovil...????

It's gone very light here and the sky has even brightened :doh:

What fell here is still moving SW ish so unless the whole system moves further West than it'll just keep skirting the Somerset/Dorset border. It's certainly not far away from you.

Edited by Mark

Posted
Check out THIS post from Roger Smith (excellent forecaster), in a seperate thread. I don't think we've seen the half of it yet :doh:

Cheers Mark! That second paragraph gives me hope. Fingers crossed eh!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please
Can't see where any downgrading is coming from tbh. The BBC are playing catch up I reckon. GFS still suggest a pretty intense period later today into tomorrow on the wrap around. Edit: in fact if anything the 6z has intensified it still further.

Liking the look of the radar near here, and great to know Kaz is getting a heavy fall just up the road. Was this forecast by the Beeb this morning? Not really ...

With the sun streaming through the window... is there really any chance of anything for central devon soutwards?

I see from Rogers post he is expecting something to develop later today, but I just can't see it.

Posted

Am actually in Swansea Bay for Uni (pretty much living as close to the sea as poss) and we have a covering here - and it's snowing now.

Going back to Maesteg later!! :shok:

Posted
fine snow just starting in Barry

Lol, I gotta move to a different part of Barry, I only live about 1/2 mile from Cadoxton and still zilch.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Hmmm, the sun is coming out (though hazy) but in the distance to the E the horizon is starting to disappear again. :doh:

Posted
With the sun streaming through the window... is there really any chance of anything for central devon soutwards?

I see from Rogers post he is expecting something to develop later today, but I just can't see it.

hi just had a look at the meteox radar up to 13.30 and i can see what roger is talking about if you look there is a main band moving anti clockwise because of the size it does come down over the south west, but before that happens i think we will have more showers than organized bands.. West is best is right we never had this snow forecast even though its not alot still wasnt flagged up by the bbc or sky.. The way i see it is because of the amount in the SE anything over here in the west is being eclipsed.. My son just rang me from Kingston said nothing is moving trains bus's all stopped so they are off to Richmond park to build snowmen :cold: ..

oh look out for wed might be are turn in a big way ... something to keep an eye on :)

kaz xx

Edited by kaz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

still getting the odd few flakes here and there but looking at the radar it seems to fizzle out over mid/north somerset and bristol now why?

Posted

Stopped snowing here at about 8.45am and has just started again. Think it's gonna be an on/off type of day here. We've got about 3/4 inch in Broadstone, Creekmoor (1 mile down the road) has a little less, not complaining as this is the alot of snow for this area. The school was closed so my daughter is round her mates having a great time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Morning all,have had light snow on and off most of morning since about 6am accumilated to a shaky 1cm maybe with the odd 2.5cm snowdrift ,wow :) sorry for those of you who have had none so far im sure everyone will get some at some point,so much snow in our part of the world new it would be exciting! (sorry for the sarcastic comments!)Still could be good tonight though not going to get over excited wiil take it all with a pinch of salt had to many dissapointments over the last 25years or so a bit long in the tooth as they say!!! :)

Posted

I'm going to have to stop watching the GFS. It looks so good got here that I can only end up being disappointed. :)

Posted

It's worth looking at the 06Z GFS.

I don't think the sw will be missing out, this is just the peanuts and cheesey nibbles before a 3 course meal and the starter looks very good for tonight and tomorrow.

post-6326-1233569813_thumb.png

post-6326-1233569821_thumb.png

post-6326-1233569829_thumb.png

Posted

Radar echos all around us, surely we have to have some converge over us...maybe when they all meet it will be right over head :)

But still praying to the snow gods and just about to give up my soul to them....

Posted

The merest sprinkling here, Downend, NE of Bristol. Wouldn't even merit being described as a "dusting of icing sugar", but it's here and it's mine! :rolleyes:

I am very encouraged by Roger's prognostications.........he generally seems to be spot on!