Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch : Cymru And South West England

J10

Posted

Snowing very lightly in this part of Wales the dusting of last night had blown around to much and collected up the sides currently another dusting.

Posted

Had snow flurries all day yesterday that only collected against walls and so on. Had a bit overnight giving a covering of 5cms with drifts to 10cms. Reports of snow right down to sea level in North Wales.

Posted

Got failry heavy snow falling around 2cm accumilated now we seem to be getting a nice covering now most unexpected

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

Hi Guys,

Picking to snow here at the moment but the forecast for Wales is for snow to come later on this aftrenoon, overnight and tomorrow morning - then again on Thursday - we are waiting with anticipation - especially seeing all that lovely white gold falling in eastern England - luvvly jubbly!!

Can't see many schools being open tomorrow - or possibly staying open this afternoon. I don't think I will be in work tomorrow by the looks of things.

Patience - it is on it's way and the latest charts show it for all week - minor hiccup on Wednesday with a mild sector - then cold again.

JK

edit: started to snow quite nasty here now - oops - all the above brought forward now .....!!

Edited by CRACKPOT

Posted
Got failry heavy snow falling around 2cm accumilated now we seem to be getting a nice covering now most unexpected

Wow awesome.

I'm on the radar and I got a heavier bit 4-8mm coming my way in the next 10 minutes.

We have a dusting from the lightest of stuff. AT 6AM there was no snow here, nothing.

Posted

An inch and a half here in Glanamman now Snow still falling becoming lighter then turning heavy again. Alot of accumilation for the finety of the Snow

Posted
South of Carmarthenshire.

Your Bridgend? You gonna get some.

http://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/su...fc554feba124442

NOW in the heaviest part, bigger flakes and falling rapidly. This is quite exciting. I would imagine nearly a Centimetre is now laying on path. Big juicy flakes.

How long do you reckon these showers are going to last shaun as i have an inch and a half it's not enough to close school in the Amman Valley just a little more would but i've seen weather like this and we have school.

Posted
South of Carmarthenshire.

Your Bridgend? You gonna get some.

http://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/su...fc554feba124442

NOW in the heaviest part, bigger flakes and falling rapidly. This is quite exciting. I would imagine nearly a Centimetre is now laying on path. Big juicy flakes.

Nice I am pleased for you, just started to snow here in Bridgend now, very light small flakes, no dusting of yet. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the link.

:D

Posted
Poole on the South coast is doing quite well.

http://www.dfrspoole.co.uk/

It doesn't look much but this is a very snow starved area and is probably the most in 10 years or so.

I can say we most definately are!

Yes, I have woken up to a nice dusting and amazingly it is still snowing. An amazing event for here. Really chuffed (mostly for the kids as most have never seen snow here). Radio has to go on now just in case schools get closed.

Posted

post-6426-1233557970_thumb.jpg

This was taken early, this was just before the heavier stuff started. You can makout the less snow on the roads.

Unsure Adam. I hope they continue travelling SWish so I'm in the firing line.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Well as usual we are doing fairly poor here. A light shower last night, and going by the beeb forcast more of the same today.

Be lucky to see a covering at this rate

Edited by SteveB

Posted

well here under the snow-dome it's dry not a flake zilch bugger all boring what more can i say,got to go to work, outside all day it's going to be cold