Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch : Cymru And South West England

J10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

-4.5 here now it seems to be getting colder again.

wonder how cold it will get tonight?

few showers look like they might clip me in bout hour.

Posted
It's getting nearer! :lol:

2240:

2140:

Trouble is TS is that big 'blob' out of London is forecast to head sw towards IOW. Still think we'll miss any snow tonite. The BBC24 forecast now is confirming that, but tom eve looks better than earlier today.

But Sky News just now still goes for northward progression and not much westward movement :blush:

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
Trouble is TS is that big 'blob' out of London is forecast to head sw towards IOW. Still think we'll miss any snow tonite. The BBC24 forecast now is confirming that, but tom eve looks better than earlier today.

How come it's forecast to head SW, when the radar sequence shows the shower cells moving somewhere between W and WSW?

I think this is the problem with FutureRadar, it seems to incorrectly guess the direction showers are moving by about 22.5 degrees.

Posted
If you're looking for more info on the snow situation tonight and into tomorrow, NW forecaster Nick F has just posted a blog up about it:

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?s...p;#entry1451319

Not negative mate, It's hard work watching the rest of the country enjoying the snow fall, Only thing is i will be working outside all day tomorrow,just hope that brass monkey stays away :lol:

hi i would love to look at the blog but im to scared its not going to be good for us :blush: ... have a peek and let me know the good bits :D

lol kaz xx

my hubby says it had better snow otherwise he is going to lock me in a cupboard :D

Posted

Part of me wants to sleep now like i said i would earlier and wake for 5 to see if anything has fallen but a part of me says no coz nothing is going to fall :S

Posted

Weather is now already News-worthy. Just looked on BBC News 24 now.

Peter Gibb seemed to be upgrading the forecast from what he told the reporter.

Edited by Thundersquall

Posted
How come it's forecast to head SW, when the radar sequence shows the shower cells moving somewhere between W and WSW?

I think this is the problem with FutureRadar, it seems to incorrectly guess the direction showers are moving by about 22.5 degrees.

Mate i'd love it to hit here. Isobel Lang on Sky news right now is saying tomorrow eve's event will go north out of London, not much westwards. Beeb says westward...i'll think we'll just have to wait and see now.

Oh no!! Me and the wife are travelling to Torquay Friday morn for a weekend break!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
Part of me wants to sleep now like i said i would earlier and wake for 5 to see if anything has fallen but a part of me says no coz nothing is going to fall :S

Nothing expected tonight only for Mid/East wales, maybe some snow showers there. Drier for us. Showers are forecast to get heavier for us monday afternoon/evening. Best bet it to go to bed :unsure:

Oh no!! Me and the wife are travelling to Torquay Friday morn for a weekend break!!

Get the snowmobile ready!

I don't want to get carried away, because they probably have a 5% chance of coming often, especially given its the wild 18z pub run, but if they did come offf i think i would faint! :unsure: :o

Anyone know the record min for Wiltshire? :o

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles_gfs/run/174-583.GIF?01-18

Posted
This show's what snow was falling in the nw of england about 45 mins ago, now moving towards the north wales coast.

coast.JPG

Very light snow now falling here, most of the heavier stuff will miss the coast by the looks of it.

Posted

A small glimmer of hope maybe: Met Office updated their forecast maps at 11.19pm and Devon now has heavy snow showers for Tues AM. I am still really fearful that we will not see a single flake from this amazing weather!!

Posted
".... and then the snow moving into the North, Wales and the South West of England".

Nice way to end the forecast on BBC News 24! :D

All the anticipation of this snow event is killing my nerves, i gonna be a wreck by tomoro evening. i work outside but i am gonna be cloud spotting all day in hope of a shower. Then if it does turn up there is a nice drive home up into the mendips which would be intresting to say the least. shame we cant get some tonight and in early hours to stop me getting out of the village :D

Posted

A new snow streamer (let's call it the Colchester Streamer?) has developed to the north of the London Streamer.

This band seemed to be heading almost directly west along the wind, before radar broke down.

Edited by Thundersquall

Posted
A new snow streamer (let's call it the Colchester Streamer?) has developed to the north of the London Streamer.

This band seemed to be heading almost directly west along the wind, before radar broke down.

I think it will fizzle out until we just get an odd flake in the early hours. If i have to unleash my car scraper i'll be surprised! :doh:

Posted
Either all showers have suddenly vanished, or the radar has broken :o

Met office radar is fubar too. This maybe the time to get some sleep.