Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Anything else from these showers expected to hit West Suffolk?

About 2.5cm outside atm.

I'm about 10 miles south of you... in the line of snow showers that go east to the coast.

Here's the latest radar...

post-8078-1233531851_thumb.jpg

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

still absolutely going fit to bust here - incredible sight - much more reminiscent of weather conditions you see in the north or on high ground normally. i keep thinking it is going to stop and it just seems to be getting more and more intense. :D

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Snowing again in Brighton - hasn't really stopped for long. I don't want to go to bed because I don't know when I will see this again (besides tomorrow, Tuesday Friday Saturday and the rest of FEB!) Radar looking good.

Posted
Yes, over the last couple of hours I have seen just moderate snow mainly but there was a polystyrene type whiteout around 8pm and some thick flakes following. Now it keeps getting going with some big flakes but then stops again. Still, no complaints - doing pretty well with this! :D

I'm wondering if the stuff on the radar may be the last main lot? There seems to be signs that things are slowing down upstream after that.

There seems to be a fair bit of snow coming in on the radar. Where are you though. Kent borders sounds close to me. Im about 10 mins south west of tunbridge wells.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
They will have to go to school Nick, It wont be closed :D

Interestingly the wind seems to have shifted more to an ESE Now, Snow has stopped and breaks are appearing with stars visible, If you run the radar loop looks like the showers are now moving more E-W Or ever so slightly ESE-WNW

Paul S

Winds are not due to shift to the e/se atleast till late tomorrow , if anything the winds are supposed to be shifting more to the ne but not a great amunt :D

Posted

What's happened to our marvellous radar!?

Really blizzard-like outside now, 2 inches and drifting. It's piling p against my north-east facing window so much I can barely see out!

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW

Few flurries started in Reading, Berks, lets hope it turns into some proper stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)
oh oh !!!

rainfall radar has gone awol !!!

:D nice timing !

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Hope I'm not being a party pooper but as Paul S. states the ENE might soon be blowing itself out.

Take a look at the Metox radar basvegas just posted.

Seems the ppn is fading away from the east over Kent and Essex and if you look out into the N.Sea some ppn is coming from the NE towards E.Anglia.

Could this be in response to the low pivoting up towards NE France and tilting the wind back to the NE again.

Regards,

Tom.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection
where abouts on the border do you live? I worked in cranbrook between 4-10pm, and they only had 2cm of snow on the ground. However back here in the Low Weald (Staplehurst) we have 4cm!

I am not far off the A28 Tenterden road. There was 2cm of snow early evening, after I had come back from my afternoon walk but probably double that now.

heavy snow here again now anyway :D

Hope I'm not being a party pooper but as Paul S. states the ENE might soon be blowing itself out.

Seems the ppn is fading away from the east over Kent and Essex and if you look out into the N.Sea some ppn is coming from the NE towards E.Anglia.

Could this be in response to the low pivoting up towards NE France and tilting the wind back to the NE again.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Regards,

Tom.

If it shifts NE then surely that will bring the showers back into kent?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Ah well, it's been fun, thanks all but I ust get some sleep.

Hope those still waiting have some luck during the night.

Posted
still waiting here on th IOW 2!!! lookin at th bbc radar it shud hit us around 12.45 but im not sure how reliable that is?? gonna giv up soon.....depressed!! :D

Waiting here in Poole too .What is about this area that always yields zilch in the way of snow. All the charts show snow for us but I feel we must be too far west and this is gonna be an eastern thing only.

Posted
think they will round 3am but if the wind changes slighty then the snow showers will move more into kent

I'm in Tonbridge, West Kent. We have only had about 2 inches of the powdery stuff from one or two heavy squally showers and several lighter showers. It seems these showers are few & far between at the moment! I don't know what to expect during the rest of the night, are they expected to pep-up and increase in number or die-out?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)
Few flurries started in Reading, Berks, lets hope it turns into some proper stuff.

Should start getting heavier for you. Last time the radar was working, it still had a decent flow to the ppn heading West.

Posted

Still going strong here. My highly sophisticated measuring device - a.k.a a ruler - shows almost 3 inches of snow. It's so heavy right now I can't see buildings that are 2 streets away.

Posted

That looks impressive coming up from France. Is that what we have in store tomorrow?

Posted

Was going to bed but the snow is getting heavier temp -3.6c Camera battera run down . Dont know when the next time we will get such fantastic snow. Nick F has a great link to Leicester Square with people walking around in the heavy snow. Now that doesn't happen often.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder and lightning

Very nice coverage on snow in Ware Hertfordshire. Look here -----> http://www.wareonline.co.uk/webcam/default.asp

Its snowing here in Hertford Hertfordshire moderately. :doh: