Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Sarah

Looks like lunchtime for the next big hit. However, I am in the redhill Micro climate and theskies have cleared partially here, We haven't had any snow for hours now!!!!!!!!

BFTP

yes us too. had a lot yesterday pm but nothing last night - bit disappointed but hope to get more later...

i am just trying to deceide whether to go via the main road over the cliffs near capel which are really bad - or to go through the alkham valley that hasnt ben gritted. lol i will be going slowly!

Posted

3 and a half inches here in Silver End Essex!

My 5 year old went nuts when he saw it! First time he's seen proper snow! Plus there's no school for him today! :)

Am I right in thinking there is still more to come? What are the chances now of it turning to rain or sleet later today as first thought?

Thanks

Anita

Posted

put a container out last night in the garden - measured around 13cm of snow this morning.

blizzard has broken out now in basingstoke.

Posted

Oh Wow it's still snowing quite heavy from the streamer that started about 3am last night. Must have atleast 6 inches here. Will go out with a ruler later on and take a pic.

My friends exam has been cancelled. Am hoping mine will be tomorrow as well! :lol:

Posted

What a lovely wintery morning it is here! Just listening to the local radio station to see if my daughters school is closed.... they seem to have mentioned every school except hers :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Oh it's lovely! Husband been's told not to go to work (London Bridge) and local secondary closed....but my boys' school is open. I'm not sending them in it would be cruel to deny them snow and their dad having a day off too, they are not allowed to touch the snow at school :lol:

Posted

Great to see the reports of heavy snow in the SE.

I didn't post in this thread last night due to the shower activity I was experiencing was more typical for E Midlands/Lincs than the SE. I've got a few cms of lying snow here although unfortunately missed the wash streamer which developed into Newark,Grantham.

Still plenty more to come and what an exciting day today is going to be.

Just want to add that im often told on here that E,lys are usually dry and boring. Well the snow has been the most widespread since 1991 which also come from an E,ly. I may of missed out from the worst but hopefully now some people can understand why I rave about E,lys.

Glad to see my map was fairly accurate. :lol:

Edited by THE EYE IN THE SKY

Posted
France is not as cold as we are here so it will fall entirly of snow maybe with a bit of sleet in centre of London and coasts.

I hope so, despite having had light snow for the last 12 hours theres only around an inch lying on the ground here. Some heavier stuff would do the trick nicely...

Posted

well once again we missed out on ne major snowfall, we had one really heavy snow shower yesterday but that was generally it. this blob over france is our last hope. dunno how much is really expected to fall from this any ideas?

Posted
Measured level snow in Bromley at 10"

Here are the pictures.....

still snowing..........

Absolutely phenomenal John!

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted
Measured level snow in Bromley at 10"

Here are the pictures.....

post-9446-1233562105_thumb.jpg

post-9446-1233562176_thumb.jpg

still snowing..........

AMAZING :lol:

great pics

Posted

Heavy snow with big thick flakes here in Bushey (near Watford). Kids school is closed and been told not to bother coming to work as only 40 cars have made it (we have 7000 employees!!). A good 12 cm of snow on the ground here already yet still coming down thick and fast. Is this going to be in for the day? We could get 20cm soon if it continues.

Posted

Ended Up with 1cm here, all Schools around here Open and just about to do the School Run - Joy!!

Paul S

Posted
Report from Central London

15-20cm of level snow - drifts of 30-45cm in side streets just off Tottenham Court Road.

This event is threatening to surpass February 1991 for this location - still snowing very hard.

The only thing that amazes me more is that I actually managed to drive to work without a crash!

i think that by the end of today it could be pretty nasty even in the centre of town - that load coming up from france against the chilly air looks very heavy indeed.

Posted

Looks like for many this has become something of an exceptional event in the SE, seems like widespread 4-6 inches before the frontal system even reaches the UK, indeed some areas seem likely to breach the magic foot mark, something not seen very often in this part of the UK.

Managed to sneak into the 2 inch mark last night here so not a bad night in the end given what I had expected.