Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow And Cold Weather Chat

Posted

interesting forecast from louise lear for thursday. showed the weather on thursday and said the snow could stick around for much of the day, she showed the non-stop motion rather than the outlook picture, and snow was shown from about sutton coldfield southwards to probably oxford for much of the morning.

Edited by azores92

Posted
interesting forecast from louise lear for thursday. showed the weather on thursday and said the snow could stick around for much of the day, she showed the non-stop motion rather than the outlook picture, and snow was shown from about sutton coldfield southwards to probably oxford for much of the morning.

Indeed!!!!

"Drifting Snow & Heavy Snow Thu 5 Feb

There is a low risk of an exceptionally severe event affecting parts of Wales and central England. There is a low risk of exceptionally heavy snow giving accumulations of 10 to 20cm, with drifting possible in strengthening northeasterly winds. As yet there remains considerable uncertainty in the areas more likely to be affected but further updates will be issued as the situation becomes clearer.

Issued at: 1148 Tue 3 Feb" :rolleyes:

Edited by Thundersquall

Posted

I know Metcheck should be taken with an absoloute pinch of salt, but it's forcasting 18 hours of moderate/heavy snowfall right thoroughout thursday, what a joke that must be wrong.

I'm not falling for that no way It'll be gone by tommorow :rolleyes: I think we will get some snow but not for that duration of time surely

Edited by smarty81

Posted

yes I saw BBC weather for us and Wales and Devon...........forecast for very heavy snow especially central Uk

l

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

The northwest snow shield will be in operation and Thursday and Friday for clearing out. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness I would absolutely love to see 20-30cm dumped on central UK, that would be an amazing sight.

Posted
The northwest snow shield will be in operation and Thursday and Friday for clearing out. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness I would absolutely love to see 20-30cm dumped on central UK, that would be an amazing sight.

twould be a dream come true. something i would have never seen before.

Posted

Louise of the BBC just said significant snow ON THE WAY... :rolleyes: B) :):) :) :):D:D

TIME FOR THE RAMPING.ROUND TWO

LARGE QUANTITIES...LOL....CENTRAL/WALES

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Mmmm,

Cheers Stephen,I love Snow but that would be too much for me B) .

Certainly one to watch as we count down the hrs. as i am certainly located in the Highest risk area but a small difference in the track of the low might shift the risk.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

surprised ive still got all of the snow (away from sun) high 3.1oC am amazed its not gone, think that could be it for snow here now damn

snow for thurs/fri too far south, any chance of it further north?

Edited by mark forster 630

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

how about here?

The charts look quite good at the moment for whatever falling here being snow but the amount is really uncertain

your thoughts?

Yep it's the figure at the bottom left of screen, not the one on the right (that's how high you're hovering over the location). I found out the bottom of my garden's a whole meter lower using it. :doh:

But one can't take the Google Earth figures as gospel unfortunately. I live on a gentle northward-facing slope with the highest point southwards about a hundred feet or more away from my property. I would estimate my house is a few metres lower than the highest point but yet its elevation shows up as higher. A clear error.

Posted
Certainly one to watch as we count down the hrs. as i am certainly located in the Highest risk area but a small difference in the track of the low might shift the risk.

You're in the highest risk area yet 40 miles SW of you down here in Northants-- nada, just rain and sleet, if it comes off like the 12z shows.

Posted
how about here?

The charts look quite good at the moment for whatever falling here being snow but the amount is really uncertain

your thoughts?

I do wish people would stop asking "will it snow here". There are snow threads for various regions, please try asking in the one that's relevant to you. This is the model output thread after all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
At lunchtime today it looked like Thursday/Friday was going to be superb for me. Having checked the latest on the netweather forecast for my area it seems to be a severe downgrade! Is it still possible that the snow will come this far north, or is it tracking more to those greedy southerners still?! :doh:

I dont know where you get that conclusion because i think it looks great for us!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
I dont know where you get that conclusion because i think it looks great for us!

i agree , it looks very good for us , the bbc weather just confirmed that , but never went past thurs, i understand that both thurs and fri morn could deliver for us midlanders !

Posted
Exactly, we could be looking at big accumulations. I know there will se some minor changes yet but currently East Wales and the West Midlands are probably at most risk and at most risk of the most snow. The East Midlands probably wont be far behind though Derbyshire and Lincolnshire may miss out except the far south of these counties.

What about the south west I thought we were in a good position.

Posted

The north-wst was supposed to fair well out of thurs/fri event - but once again will miss out.

Without wanting to swear - this is fishing unbelievable. I can't believe just how much misfortune parts of the north-west are having.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
What about the south west I thought we were in a good position.

It could be good for you too though perhaps marginal or a bit of rain at some point possibly.

Posted

Really heavy snow shower here right now, huge flakes any in chelts :doh: Oh yes i see dogs we didn't have a blizzard here but heavyish for a while humungus flakes stopped now. :D:D

Edited by smarty81

Posted

A very narrow, heavy line of snow showers moving from the Dorset coast and up into S/SE Wiltshire has given the rainfall equivalent of getting on for an inch of rain in the last 2-4 hours!

Salisbury Plain must be bleak tonight!

At the very edge here and, after the heavy shower at around 17.00, there's been the odd flurry but cloudy skies show how close the snow is.