Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow And Cold Weather Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD
if this helps....the southern area is sort of pivoting..

good night all ..i expect to see my 15cm by morning just like ITV promised..lol

cheers FARMER...enjoy it...it might be a long wait for the next snow event...

PLEASE!!! :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well I try to understand the lingo, but ultimately when I read its gonna snow today at my postcode on a website like this, huge amount of discussion, BBC maps showing between 5-30cms of snow predicted, lots respected members saying its a dead-cert I can't help feeling disappointed somewhat.

Sunday nights forecast - continous snowfall - accumulations. Monday day - few snow showers in the morning, becoming heavy by the evening and overnight.

What actually happened - kept waiting and waiting - it snowed for 10 mins, wait wait wait, 10 more minutes of snow, dry for 6-7 hrs (or very light snow) whilst I sleep. Wake up Monday morning where the flip is this deep snowfall as forecasted to batter the east coast. I arrive at work 8am, look at outside its snow again, yay its getting heavy - it must settle - thinking *we must just have been unlucky over*. 20 minutes later - OMG why isn't it settling? Why is it thining and getting light? Couple hours later, gee I don't care anymore as I turn to the window and its turning to rain - even though its approaching 4pm and the sun is thinking about going down for the night.

Don't whine as if the forum has a responsibility to predict the furture for you. The forum is here for your enjoyment or interest. Plus the casual predictions of most forum members are not what you should go by. There are plenty of knowledgeable people on this forum and collectively they give a well balanced view of the potential outcome of any given situation. Some will be right and some will be wrong. Don't blame your misfortune on forum members.

EDIT: Don't mean to be harsh, but this kind of slightly aggressive sentiment ought to be nipped in the bud.

Fair enough, just a little ticked off...

About this Mild Sector.. I could have sworn I read it was arriving on Tuesday?

Edited by rikki

Posted

Could anybody enlighten me on the snow prospects for north-west England, specifically the Lancashire/Greater Manchester area as its been rather poor for me here?

Cheers,

Hot*Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
i see some showers building to the south in the channel and there getting heavier there certainly alot of activity out west and to the southwest in the channel.

with what seems to be a swirl of heavy showers wether they be snow or rain i dont know?

Snow at the moment here in Jersey badboy...we have about 1cm lying islandwide which is rare for us...a great snow day here but more so in Guernsey... :p

Posted

I want to know if there's any chance of the showers south of wales coming back up the bristol channel. Is this a possibility?

Well I assume the showers are going to feed back through the bristol channel otherwise ITV are going to have egg on their faces.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Snow in Cardiff, Wales.

Been snowing since 7pm very heavy indeed. No sign of stopping. 8inches of snow now.

I dont understand why media arent reporting from Wales there tons of snow. Rush hour will be deadly tommorow as all the valleys and people from the suburbs of Cardiff attempt to get down the A470 and M4 into Central Cardiff and Cardiff Bay business districts.

post-7495-1233622349_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wales123098

Posted

Moderate/heavy snow falling here, easing off slightly............

Posted

Just had an hour of moderate snow where I live in West Cornwall and looking at the radar there is movement coming in from the West just off Lands End.  Isles of Scilly have now had two days of snow running which is some kind of record :)

Edited by kernowman

Posted

I think it's safe to say now thats it for me tonight, the radar shows the batch of showers moving west now into wales.

Snow very light, edit stopped now......... I remain cautiously optimistic for snow potential as the week progresses, thursday in particular looks interesting for the west country if you beleive the gfs :)

Posted
Snow in Cardiff, Wales.

Been snowing since 7pm very heavy indeed. No sign of stopping. 8inches of snow now.

I dont understand why media arent reporting from Wales there tons of snow. Rush hour will be deadly tommorow as all the valleys and people from the suburbs of Cardiff attempt to get down the A470 and M4 into Central Cardiff and Cardiff Bay business districts.

looks like u plonked that snow there lol as its too messy

Posted
and i'm rather unimpressed with rain

im rather impressed with my 20cm of snow and 30cm drifts :):) (sorry for boasting couldnt help it)

Posted
im rather impressed with my 20cm of snow and 30cm drifts :):) (sorry for boasting couldnt help it)

I've just woken up to find the covering we had completely gone and that it's raining

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

I am a bit disappointed here. Only 1-2 inches of snow. Looking on the radar I'm in the great corridor of snowlessness which extends from Herefordshire into Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire and Worcestershire. WHY?!

post-2951-1233641972_thumb.png

Posted
I am a bit disappointed here. Only 1-2 inches of snow. Looking on the radar I'm in the great corridor of snowlessness which extends from Herefordshire into Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire and Worcestershire. WHY?!

post-2951-1233641972_thumb.png

Have you had chance to get up into the cotswolds? I would have thought places like stow and snowshill would have done well out of this.

Had a great day out yesterday enjoying the wintry wonderland more heavy snow late afternoon giving a nice topping, not quite as good as the Feb 2006 snow event for me which was the best in the midlands but still very good nonetheless, temps now plummeting down to -4C here over snowfields, in the countryside with less urban warming melting the snow i think there will be some very low mins recorded esp in valleys which there is one just 1 mile from me, how much colder it feels hits you when you walk through it early in the morning :)

Breezy too making it feel even colder :)

lol i see someone moaning it's not cold enough in watford, Very cold in the SE this morning and thats with low pressure, usually very cold temps are recorded under slack or HP conditions so in this setup that is excellent how often does bournemouth get down to -6C .

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn061.png

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/cgi...TIME=1233646312

Edited by Eugene

Posted

I flew from Belfast to Newcastle yesterday evening and thankfully the only problem I experienced a delay of one hour. The flight was quite amazing....looking out the windows the clouds were sparkling like they were filled with diamonds. By the time I got to Newcastle the snow had turned to rain so travelling to Carlisle was quite strightforward. Thank you to all those who gave me information which made the decision to go alot less scarey. <_<

Posted

Round 2 for the South East on Friday morning???? <_<

post-6667-1233650887_thumb.png

Posted
BBC going for snow on thursday, but where more intrested in the South
I got that impression also. Things look complicated to say the least regarding this coming Thursday/Friday. Will be an hard one to call, but I would expect South Midlands southwards are at risk of a major snow event. Hopefully Blackburn might get lucky, and get some snow that stays longer than a day! Edited by Solar Cycles