Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow And Cold Weather Chat

Posted
Serves the buggers right.....they've had their share of the white stuff...Our turn now :lol:

Hardly, less than 1cm here and useless tiny flakes all day

Posted

its now on me....lol.............heavy at present........

Yes snow is starting to pick up again here, think it'll turn heavier later............ bigger flakes to

Posted
Hardly, less than 1cm here and useless tiny flakes all day

Agree, similar in Norwich. Whilst we have at least had snow, it started to melt quickly today and despite more showers this AM and near constant light-ish snow this PM, it has continued to melt. Now looking more sleet like. I reckon that is eat. Just amazes me how an easterly can miss out a fairly big chunk of Norfolk. Modern winters eh!

Posted

Here we go getting progressively heavy now nice sized flakes to :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
Here we go getting progressively heavy now nice sized flakes to :)

Looking at some radar loops it looks like we may have sustained snow for a while yet with some very heavy snow later on.

We will see though...

Posted
Agree, similar in Norwich. Whilst we have at least had snow, it started to melt quickly today and despite more showers this AM and near constant light-ish snow this PM, it has continued to melt. Now looking more sleet like. I reckon that is eat. Just amazes me how an easterly can miss out a fairly big chunk of Norfolk. Modern winters eh!

Modern winters indeed! Its been just the same here, we had around half a centimeter overnight which has just gradually melted all day despite constant light/moderate snow showers. The temperatures have just been too marginal (theres that word again) on low ground in the east in proximity to the coast.

Its been a good and widespread snow event for many areas, but still pales into comparison to past events.

I was rather concerned that if this event didnt deliver, what exactly would it actually take to give deep snow in eastern coastal districts? If this is the best we can do in an apparent cold winter with good synoptics, is it time to accept the fact that those days of proper snow are over in our locations?

Posted

Light's going. -0.6c. Been -2c most of the day apart from 11/2hr ago. I feel a fall coming on.... I hope.

BTW Lymington's doing well http://www.lymington.com/webcams/rivercam

Edited by towbar0

Posted

The showery snow (quite graupelly at times) around lunchtime provided around half an inch, however after a dry hour until about 15.00 it's been coming down fairly steadily and sometimes heavily since then and we're nearing 3 inches level cover with approximately 90 minutes more to come judging by the radar!

Posted
its mega over in the East some of the snow fall pics.

been snowing here for most of the day

I hope that mild sector isn't going to move west further, as it may turn this snow to sleet :(

Edited by storm12w

Posted
I hope that mild sector isn't going to move west further, as it may turn this snow to sleet :(

Hopefully it'll stay there. :(

na.i reckon it will just go up further to the north........I hope :) ...it might get close

Edited by dogs32

Posted
Modern winters indeed! Its been just the same here, we had around half a centimeter overnight which has just gradually melted all day despite constant light/moderate snow showers. The temperatures have just been too marginal (theres that word again) on low ground in the east in proximity to the coast.

Its been a good and widespread snow event for many areas, but still pales into comparison to past events.

I was rather concerned that if this event didnt deliver, what exactly would it actually take to give deep snow in eastern coastal districts? If this is the best we can do in an apparent cold winter with good synoptics, is it time to accept the fact that those days of proper snow are over in our locations?

eh? about a foot has fallen here, the most since 91. My mother says she hasnt seen so much snow since 1981 when I was born...

Some patterns deliver better for some places than others. Also Europe isnt exceptionally cold [though not mild] at the moment so...had this happened when Europe was cold in early january then there wouldnt be all this twaddle

as it is, for many places, this has delivered big style and what has fallen may well lie for a good few days in quite a few places, some places are unlucky, is the way it goes

Posted

I think I am on my own here - are you mad! who wants snow! it is disruptive - great if you are a kid but elsewise NOT GOOD! :)

Posted

Just a heads up...

The legendary forecaster Francis Wilson is keeping an eye on the snow situation for Sky News this evening.

Updates at .57 and .30 minutes past the hour :(

Posted
I think I am on my own here - are you mad! who wants snow! it is disruptive - great if you are a kid but elsewise NOT GOOD! :(

Yep you are LOL

Posted

The snow peaked at around 5cm here in Reading - it's mostly gone now though. This morning's conditions looked like a classic ENE Thames Streamer that dumped most of its snow on south London and Surrey then gradually faded from east to west across Berkshire and northern Hampshire. The snow was more severe at work up the hill in Basingstoke, where it remained treacherous all day and had a covering of around 10cm. Currently 0.2, maximum 0.6, last night's minimum -2.1. Just need to watch out for ice tomorrow morning...

Edited by Stargazer

Posted

Well the heavy snow that had been forecast this afternoon didn't make this far west in the end.

Still we had 4 inches from last night showers. Slight thaw here at sea level max today0.5c,but fantastic conditions on the Downs-packed powder snow which was really icy :D -which had created some brilliant sledging runs :rolleyes:

Posted

Am I GOING CRAZY DID ANYONE SEE ITV WEATHER,,,Surely this cant be right..............up to 10cm anywhere tonight south..............And tomorrow sleet and snow anywhere south.........surely this is a big bodge cant be correct

she had a line from say Bristol to Norfolk..........

Edited by dogs32

Posted
Am I GOING CRAZY DID ANYONE SEE ITV WEATHER,,,Surely this cant be right..............up to 10cm anywhere tonight south..............And tomorrow sleet and snow anywhere south.........surely this is a big bodge cant be correct

Well according to mr angwin we wont get much more of the white stuff tonight for our area anyhow how, is the radar looking I'm not so sure though

Posted

she had a line from say Bristol to Norfolk..........

It's most definitely wrong

Posted
It's most definitely wrong

yes honest I couldnt believe it....lol,,,,

smarty if you believe ITV we might get anything tonight and tomorrow..like 10cm. :D

its was a classic....Im sure other people saw it ...

the latest is the FAT LADY IS SINGING....there is word going around that Thursday or Friday might be another lot