Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow And Cold Weather Chat

Posted
yes but this woman...as been working on there for a few years.... :(

anywhere beneath that line for tonight 15 or 10 cm...

BTW...i think we just might have small bits of sleet here....seems slightly warmer here

rubbish where did you get that info from? wheres the precip coming from?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
omf :lol: /////so there might be so truth in the Winchester girl if it pivots towards Winchester

edit....no i dont think it wil....

look how much the sleet as spread

That is a tad wrong. that shows sleet here at 8.20pm, we had some moderate snow then.

If this turns to rain i will be smashing my head against the lamppost. Theres too big of risk. I want the precip gone for now. No chance of that though :lol: why does there have to be a mild sector???

Posted
rubbish where did you get that info from? wheres the precip coming from?

ITV....dont shoot the messenger :lol: ...im just saying how crazy it was....better get back to topic as people are going to start to think im predicting this :doh

edit.the only person with some common sense tonight with the forecast was Louise on BBC weather.i think thats her name

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Im slightly more optimistic here for some further snowfall for a time here, still very light snow falling but the stretch of the snow stretching eastwards is now pivoting back towards cheltenham slowly. As long as the dew point remains low here we should be OK for snow. Currently somewhere between 3 and 4 inches lying, and 0.1c

SK

Posted
Im slightly more optimistic here for some further snowfall for a time here, still very light snow falling but the stretch of the snow stretching eastwards is now pivoting back towards cheltenham slowly. As long as the dew point remains low here we should be OK for snow. Currently somewhere between 3 and 4 inches lying, and 0.1c

SK

you had more than me mate....yes light snow started again here..seems slightly warmer though to me

Posted
ITV....dont shoot the messenger :) ...im just saying how crazy it was....better get back to topic as people are going to start to think im predicting this :doh

edit.the only person with some common sense tonight with the forecast was Louise on BBC weather.i think thats her name

the only possibility i can see is that the precip below pushes east and if you look at the wind charts on the meto site it shows winds will be w or sw so i would say there is a small chance of it pushing east!

1430 1500 1530 1600 1630 1700 1730 1800 1830 1900 1930 2000 2030 uk_britradar_200902022030.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif

Edited by clark3r

Posted
you had more than me mate....yes light snow started again here..seems slightly warmer though to me

I have light snow here too, just been out with the 10month springer and he was giving me the bloody runaround in the snow, he went awol for a while any snow falling in chelts :)

Posted

yes like Andy said it and Snowking it might nudge back more North,,,pivoting slowly

not far away from me

smarty we have fruit gums...lol....meaning light snow..and i mean light

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well after an afternoon of watching outside the window at school at stop/start showers, it has been snowing persistently for about the last four and a bit hours and some nice accumalations for here too. Got to 1.5cm before the main area of snow arrived and now at 4.5cm by my ruler.

Posted

I have 1.5cm Mike...when is the main belt :D

just hoping Thursday produces something now unless we get a surprise tonight...

Had some fantastic showers today mind.....filmed a few in slow motion which came out good

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

I have a picture of me when I was 5 from the 78 event. I am standing at the top of our road which was totally blocked by drifts over the top of the hedges either side. It was not the snow depth, but the severe drifting that was the problem. Alot of the ground had no snow on whatsover as it had just been blown away. And all this at just 300ft asl and 8 miles from the N.Sea

Edited by Freezing-Point

Posted

-1.1c and still continued light snow with the radar looking virtually a carbon copy as it was at 18.00 - and no I haven't got it stuck at that time B) !

In the last 12 hours, mostly in the last 6 hours, we have had the equivalent of 20mm of rain according to the Radar accumulation facility - gonna be a problem with my gauge though as I think the snow has almost filled it up :D !

Posted
I have 1.5cm Mike...when is the main belt B)

just hoping Thursday produces something now unless we get a surprise tonight...

Had some fantastic showers today mind.....filmed a few in slow motion which came out good

You only had 1.5cms? There must have been some serious melt in between

Its been snowing none stop here since 8am (until about 3 hours ago) after about 1cm overnight last night

Although i wish i was back home in essex where my folks were saying there was close to 1'

SK

Posted
You only had 1.5cms? There must have been some serious melt in between

Its been snowing none stop here since 8am (until about 3 hours ago) after about 1cm overnight last night

Although i wish i was back home in essex where my folks were saying there was close to 1'

SK

yes there was...in between the showers it was moderate to light.....so couldn't get a accurate reading...but 1,5 lying snow at best.......ma mouth showers though as big as 50p in size...still snowing here but to light to stop the thaw

Posted

This is much better, having being disappointed earlier at the site of my snow turning to rain -

it's turned back to snow again and is laying nicely :)

Posted

good on you Brian....a bet you have had quite a bit today

I have some good news for anyone in the South Midlands....Its pivoting back thnis way check the loop...a few hrs should be back

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
good on you Brian....a bet you have had quite a bit today

I have some good news for anyone in the South Midlands....Its pivoting back thnis way check the loop...a few hrs should be back

hi, good look for you there , i have somethin to say, i am extremely let down by todays so called HEAVY SNOW , i have an inch but was told to expect 10-20cm , so much hype and little result , iv been let down that many times now i really wish i could switch off to the weather but i cant!! Are you sure this ppn is really swinging back in ???? have i any reason to gain hope again ?????? your thoughts are of great interest to me . . . thanks :doh:

Posted
This is much better, having being disappointed earlier at the site of my snow turning to rain -

it's turned back to snow again and is laying nicely :D

hey mate, whats happening with this band, seems like it doesnt want to budge??

Posted
hi, good look for you there , i have somethin to say, i am extremely let down by todays so called HEAVY SNOW , i have an inch but was told to expect 10-20cm , so much hype and little result , iv been let down that many times now i really wish i could switch off to the weather but i cant!! Are you sure this ppn is really swinging back in ???? have i any reason to gain hope again ?????? your thoughts are of great interest to me . . . thanks :D

in all fairness they didnt say every one would get 20cm 0r 10cm....i had rubbish really.But i am happy to experience the blizzard showers I had....

it is moving more North.I dont know if it will make it to you that far........

Here we have now the odd larger flake so its starting really already....I hope mate it makes to you

edit flakes on the increase here

Edited by dogs32

Posted
in all fairness they didnt say every one would get 20cm 0r 10cm....i had rubbish really.But i am happy to experience the blizzard showers I had....

Here we have now the odd larger flake so its starting really already....I hope mate it makes to you

funny, the 10.30pm forecast with alex deakin showed an area of sleet/snow over the midlands on thursday, completely different rob mcelwees forecast half an hour earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

many thanks i live in hope!

Posted

The whole winter this cold has had!

The whole of the past ten years!

There seems to be a malignant spite to this winter that can only ever come with recession!

If this run comes off, i will lose my job!

nothing more nothing less, so sit back and watch mother nature at her most savage!

She will have her way!

I do not want to put a dampener on this run, but one thing is for sure....it will happen!!!!!

God help us all!