Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow And Cold Weather Chat

Posted
The whole winter this cold has had!

The whole of the past ten years!

There seems to be a malignant spite to this winter that can only ever come with recession!

If this run comes off, i will lose my job!

nothing more nothing less, so sit back and watch mother nature at her most savage!

She will have her way!

I do not want to put a dampener on this run, but one thing is for sure....it will happen!!!!!

God help us all!

errr.....

Posted

There seems to be a malignant spite to this winter that can only ever come with recession!

nothing more nothing less, so sit back and watch mother nature at her most savage!

She will have her way!

I do not want to put a dampener on this run, but one thing is for sure....it will happen!!!!!

God help us all!

Have you been drinking the same stuff as the 18z? :lol:

Posted

Sorry, but all i can see is cold and snow!

Any other year i would have wet myself seeing these sort of charts, but i work in a garden centre that struggles during the best of times in a cold winter.

I'm burning coal like n :lol: o-one business to add to global warming atm lol!!

Posted

Evening everyone. Well here in Bloxwich a couple of miles outside of Walsall it has been a memorable day and continues so to be. Overnight probably 2-3 inches with showers on and off all morning. From 3 oclock onwards we have had pretty much continual snow which at times has been very heavy.. its still snowing now inspite of the radar suggesting we are in a clear slot. I know that we are relatvely high up here about 160m but we do seem to do exceptionally well. I am old enough to remember the 70's and 80's and today definately compares. Have zero meteorology knowledge so can give no explanation but I do know that the hat on the snowman I built with my daughter 6 hours ago now has at least 3 inches of snow on top of it! More to come??

Posted
Have you been drinking the same stuff as the 18z? :lol:

to be fair, there are a LOT of people living on the edge at the moment, given the precarious state of the economy.

he HAS a point. A terrible period of lost days due to snow could be the straw that breaks a lot of people's, if not the entire country's back.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

Decided to visit this thread, tried posting in the Midlands S. Central Eng. thread earlier, but now swamped with Midlanders, Tried the SW and Wales full fo SW and Welsh posters, was wondering where all the Hants IOW and nearby area members are posting. Not sure I like these split snow watch boards.

Oh BTW great snow day here, been snowing on and off since luch after waking to a good 3 inches

Edited by wallopweather

Posted
steady snow here :rolleyes:

consistent,,,,,very slowly getting heavier

I have the opposite light snow here hope it gets heavier.

Posted

West is best. If what i believe is happening now is right, then the area off ppn on the radar about to leave south wales and back onto the north devon shores IS expected track would be then back up the bristol channel?!

SURFS UP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

She will have her way!

God help us all!

I notice you live in lovely Bedworth - do you work at Dobbies Garden Centre? I hope you don't end up losing your job due to a cold spell - if anything, more and more people are learning to appreciate plants, herbs, their own vegetable gardens and that will keep your business going. You've had a real stream of the snow over the last 24 hours but that's just chance - at just 15 miles from you, we've got about 4cm and the roads are clear so I'm sure tomorrow will be better. Keep your chin up and have faith that as a nation, we are learning to have a healthy respect and an interest in nature again - the garden centre with its experienced and knowledgable staff is a long way from dead!

Posted
I have the opposite light snow here hope it gets heavier.

its not that heavy...its gone fairly light...band of snow coming up from the south

its not worth staying up for to be honest...in fact i think the system down south is fragmenting

Edited by dogs32

Posted
West is best. If what i believe is happening now is right, then the area off ppn on the radar about to leave south wales and back onto the north devon shores IS expected track would be then back up the bristol channel?!

SURFS UP

I bloody hope so, I just used all the snow in my garden to make one big ball, i need a top up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

i see some showers building to the south in the channel and there getting heavier there certainly alot of activity out west and to the southwest in the channel.

with what seems to be a swirl of heavy showers wether they be snow or rain i dont know?

Posted

15-20cm snow here, been constant moderate snow since 4pm!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Snow continues here, some heavy outbreaks

Posted

Hi all! Ive been lurking here for a while and used to be a regular poster on TWO several years ago. I just wanted to say I that I feel happy for all those in SE England in particular, who got the heaviest of the snow today. Im sure there were some younger members who would have been sceptical that they would ever see such a weather event! Ive been watching the news coverage on TV with interest. I laughed when I heard B.J. remark that it was "The right type of snow, only the wrong quantities!"

I only saw a lot of soft hail round here, and eventually some snow showers this evening which merely wetted the ground, but the month is young! :p

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

I had a few snow showers earlier in he day that didnt amount to much.But since this evening the snow showers became more frequent resulting in a few cms of lying snow mostly on the grass etc,not as much on the roads and pavements. Moderate snow falling atm wth the temp at 0.3c

Posted

heavy snow now...might get a few more cm to my collection after all....now im going to struggle to sleep

when are the French imports going to arrive :p

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

Snow shield for Warwick worked again, gutted. so are the kids, :p only 2 cm. May be later in the week,

Posted
heavy snow now...might get a few more cm to my collection after all....now im going to struggle to sleep

when are the French imports going to arrive :p

hi dogs been snowing here since 6 got around 5 inches now and still going strong and the wind picking up causing drifting all roads closing over even main a303 woo hoo wot a nightand i reckon few more to come :)

Posted
hi dogs been snowing here since 6 got around 5 inches now and still going strong and the wind picking up causing drifting all roads closing over even main a303 woo hoo wot a nightand i reckon few more to come :p

NOT HERE MATE...though im not disappointed...I should be as i havent slept much for 3 days following this event...where are you again

Posted
NOT HERE MATE...though im not disappointed...I should be as i havent slept much for 3 days following this event...where are you again

tintinhull just of a303 near yeovil in somerset

Posted
PS do any of you guys know the right weather setup for Warwick toget a good dump of snow.

if this helps....the southern area is sort of pivoting..

good night all ..i expect to see my 15cm by morning just like ITV promised..lol

cheers FARMER...enjoy it...it might be a long wait for the next snow event...

Edited by dogs32