Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
Seems the mild sector is really hitting coastal Kent, and then counties further north

But not London which in my eyes is totally bizarre

Posted
Impossible to say, Poppy.....as we don't know where you are! If you can figure out how to do it, please put your location in your avatar. Thanks.

Ossie

oh haha sorry i will try to do that

but in the mean time i am in hainault which is redbridge near stratford and epping :D

Posted
amazing. its started snowing more heavily again in NE London. seems like the snow has pepped up from the south. wonder how much longer it will last for. will be a bitterly cold night when the skies clear. about 8 inches of lying snow here

I agree with you - just popped out to collect a take away in moderate snow and came out of the place to heavy settling snow.

Where r u in NE London ?

Posted
But not London which in my eyes is totally bizarre

It is completely bizarre. Dew Point is STILL -1.1 and it is still snowing. I'd have thought it would be a lot higher by now.

Posted
Please do Yamkin ! Still going here and a little heavier........

The snow band part 3 :D as you know is upon us and is quite heavy at the moment. There appears to be more ppn behind part 3, but let's see in a few mins if this intensifies.

On a positive note, the snow band part 3 :D is wrapped around itself in a NW direction, so this snow band will unleash further cm's :D

Posted
Seems the mild sector is really hitting coastal Kent, and then counties further north

no rain here yet but rain in rochester :D

Temperature

0.1°C

Dew Point

-0.2°C

Humidity

98%

SLBarometer

990.04mb

Wind Direction

ENE

Heat Index

3.9°C

Rainfall Today

0.00in

Posted

Reasonably heavy snow in Sawbridgeworth, Herts. Quite big flakes and what with everything being quite slow moving, if it stays like this, definately even more cm's on to the 5 or so inches here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
no snow falling and starting to thaw i think thats it for me

Thawing in Kimpton??? That's a tad bad luck... I'm in Welwyn Herts and it's chucking down with propper snow, has been for the last couple of hours. 8inches plus. Maybe you'll get some more soon, just before the big freeze sets in tonight :rolleyes:

Posted

as the sun goes down here in basingstoke, the sky is turning yellow to orange...

must be bucketloads of the stuff up there still

Posted

had snow all the way here near tunbridge wells. But has largely stopped for the moment, despite what the radar is saying (light sleet). Certainly no sleet. The ppn band has tilted which is moving it away from us, at least for the moment.

Posted

Raining here now in Essex :rolleyes:

Is that it for us? The reason I ask is that the heavy stuff that all the channels were reporting didn't materialise here.

Is it likely to get colder and snow again?

Please say yes, I want my son to have another day off school so we can go for lovely walks and play in the snow!!

Posted

snows coming down heavy again here :rolleyes:

This really has been a brilliant snow event. Heavy snow over night giving around 4", and then 8 hours (as it stands at the moment) of continuous light/moderate bursts of snow today topping the snow depth to around 7"

Posted
Snow has stopped here and temp and dew pt are on the rise. Get ready for it ppl.

Really? It's still quite heavy and settling here!!

Posted
Thawing in Kimpton??? That's a tad bad luck... I'm in Welwyn Herts and it's chucking down with propper snow, has been for the last couple of hours. 8inches plus. Maybe you'll get some more soon, just before the big freeze sets in tonight :mellow:

just popped out again and its definately melting, dripping from the gutter and just light snow