Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Amazed at how much difference a few miles can make, made it into work today to find 14inches of lying snow (in Walton-on-the-Hill KT20) left work at 4pm, and 3 miles down the road in Dorking...nothing !!

Got home to Cranleigh(just south of Guildford), and can you believe it...not only has what little snow we did get, gone, but its RAINING !!!!!! :doh: grrrrrrrrrrrrrr roll on Thursday/Friday, fingers crossed that we might actually get something this time around :bomb:

Posted

For the person who asked about the 'definite snowline' across Norfolk, this super-close Sat pic from NASA still says the same story, also shows nicely just which bits of the east had the rain.

post-8218-1233682283_thumb.jpg

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted

So any weather experts got a view of what may happen thursday friday??

For the person who asked about the 'definite snowline' across Norfolk, this super-close Sat pic from NASA still says the same story, also shows nicely just which bits of the east had the rain.

Awsome pic well done. Im just up the road from u in sittingbourne and we didnt get much here prob about 3cm. The forcast keeps changing for thursday friday. Half hour ago bbc news 24 showed snow over us and the last forcast was rain. I cant keep up!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

If it does rain Thursday is that likely to thaw all the laying snow in the SE?

I was one of the areas that had a foot Sunday / Monday and although a slow that has set in, the parks are still great for sledging and other snowy related things.

Posted

Never seen so much snow in London, took me 4 hours on the train yesterday, you could really see that from Colchester in to London had got a lot more snow than Norfolk/Suffolk. More on the way it seems.

Posted
The forecast does'nt look too promising, rain at a guess :D I was hoping for snow Thursday night as I've got the day off Friday

It was showing as snow this morning, but the last 2 BBC updates have shown rain here, then it turning to snow over East Anglia. I have a horrible feeling the trend for the centre of the LOW is to shift westwards, pushing the cold air away from our corner and keeping it as rain for longer. :D

I hope things change overnight, but the way things are going, with the GFS coming onboard too, i fear we are going to miss a potential 'severe event' :D

Posted

Well my snow took a battering today from mildish temps that got to 4.4c and quite a bit went. still covering all grass and expecting a cold night to freeze it all up. Not looking too good for it lasting tomorrow , which is a shame as I was hoping it would last until the next possible snowfall . Looks a like this will start as rain over me and hopefully turn to snow from Thursday night onwards .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

latest n24 forecast had it as rain in london and the se for weds night into thurs. showed it as snow to the north and north west of london. hopefully this will change so that the snow risk is further south

Posted
Amazed at how much difference a few miles can make, made it into work today to find 14inches of lying snow (in Walton-on-the-Hill KT20) left work at 4pm, and 3 miles down the road in Dorking...nothing !!

Got home to Cranleigh(just south of Guildford), and can you believe it...not only has what little snow we did get, gone, but its RAINING !!!!!! :D grrrrrrrrrrrrrr roll on Thursday/Friday, fingers crossed that we might actually get something this time around :D

Not sure how much of Dorking you saw, jaynemc. I am right in the centre of town and just got the ruler out - there are still 7 inches of snow on my front lawn. If you just drove through on the A25, the High Street is clear because of gritting and shovelling. We can't match Walton on the Hill's 14 inches but we have definitely been hit hard - at least 10 inches yesterday and plenty left away from the main roads.

Posted

Hi all please help! Just watched my local south east weather where caddy (weather girl) was talking about the channel low centring over kent tommorrow night. She said if it stays like that it will be rain and sleet here but if it shifts it would be snow. Can some explain to me what way it would need o shift and the effects this has.

many thanks.

Posted

Got home to Cranleigh(just south of Guildford), and can you believe it...not only has what little snow we did get, gone, but its RAINING !!!!!! :( grrrrrrrrrrrrrr roll on Thursday/Friday, fingers crossed that we might actually get something this time around :D

An intersting post: I have had two reports from the Weybridge area of 12" of level snow (one was from my mother; I carefully explained the Stratos Ferric rules on measurement and the danger of falling into error over Kentimetres).

regards

ACB

Posted
Last forecast was looking decent for my area with rain turning to snow quite quickly and then snow on friday!! according to national and local bbc london forecast!!

I've been finding it really hard to work out where we stand on this upcoming spell. Only moved up here recently and I haven't pin pointed where to look (in detail) on the maps -aside from the ones that have place names :D I still tend to look much further south at my old location.

I kind of need to have a rough idea what to expect on Thursday night as we'll be driving from surrey to st.albans quite late. Don't want to drive into potential chaos!

Posted
Hi all please help! Just watched my local south east weather where caddy (weather girl) was talking about the channel low centring over kent tommorrow night. She said if it stays like that it will be rain and sleet here but if it shifts it would be snow. Can some explain to me what way it would need o shift and the effects this has.

many thanks.

It would need to shift eastwards to allow the cold air from the northwest to turn it to snow.

Posted
I've been finding it really hard to work out where we stand on this upcoming spell. Only moved up here recently and I haven't pin pointed where to look (in detail) on the maps -aside from the ones that have place names :D I still tend to look much further south at my old location.

I kind of need to have a rough idea what to expect on Thursday night as we'll be driving from surrey to st.albans quite late. Don't want to drive into potential chaos!

Just moved here eh? cool.

Were you here for the snow yesterday?

Posted

evening all from ice rink Braintree :D

had a partial thaw but still lots and lots of snow here and the partial thaw from last night made the whole place one huge ice rink all day.looks like it may all freeze again tonight.

watching on with interest for thurs/fri/sat i see lots of mentions of the s/e and Suffolk /Norfolk ect and im wondering if this happens is Essex likely to get any more.

i know its to early to be firm on this just wondered if you had opinions on this??

Posted
Just moved here eh? cool.

Were you here for the snow yesterday?

I was indeed. Was up till 3am sunday watching the really heavy stuff arrive and up before 8 to take photos around the area.

My 'other' house saw the foot of snow though - typical.

Keeping this on topic - I'm going to keep the faith until the met office change those orange warnings. Herts is not only in the orange but subdivided in the 'extreme' areas.

Posted
I was indeed. Was up till 3am sunday watching the really heavy stuff arrive and up before 8 to take photos around the area.

My 'other' house saw the foot of snow though - typical.

Keeping this on topic - I'm going to keep the faith until the met office change those orange warnings. Herts is not only in the orange but subdivided in the 'extreme' areas.

I didn't see it fall but woke up to it at 5am.

Did you go to verlanium lake? Is there still a lot of snow in your area?

I think we have more chance on friday with the snow.