Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: N&w Yorkshire, Northern & Ne England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Bah.

Went out earlier and the front end of the bike is covered by the snow from the greenhouse roof.

Posted
Yep, the most recent ppn charts are showing the main area further north than any previous charts, so the trend continues in a favourable direction. But I agree that for this one I think we'll be waiting until the actual time and taking our info from radar before we can be sure.

I think that's right, but for all locations this one was always going to go to the wire, whether because of marginal temperatures in some locations, or northerly extent in others. Ironically this one looks like an either / or: either you get a fair bit of precipitation but with the likelihood of rain, or you get snow but only a little of it.

It's doesn't look to me like a sizeable dump anywhere, perhaps no more than 5cm anywhere, but I'd rather be in the Derbyshire Dales than the Yorkshire Dales for this one. The cold front from the north looks likely to fizzle now.

Of much more interest is Sunday afternoon, IF you're on high ground. That could be VERY interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Temp now -5 here in N. Newcastle. But I don't want cold I want snow. This area has to get some soon.... It getting embarrasing with my southern mates ringing and saying they have loads of snow. Its nornmally the other way around.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
It's doesn't look to me like a sizeable dump anywhere, perhaps no more than 5cm anywhere, but I'd rather be in the Derbyshire Dales than the Yorkshire Dales for this one. The cold front from the north looks likely to fizzle now.

Of much more interest is Sunday afternoon, IF you're on high ground. That could be VERY interesting.

Local forecasts are talking of up to 30cm in the Peak District by tomorrow afternoon but of course we've heard all this before.

Monday night into Tuesday of next week also has considerable potential for high ground but on the other hand it is a long way off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
Local forecasts are talking of up to 30cm in the Peak District by tomorrow afternoon but of course we've heard all this before.

Monday night into Tuesday of next week also has considerable potential for high ground but on the other hand it is a long way off.

This winter has always been marginal snow at lower levels and always a high ground event in this region. That tells me we are yet to see a feed of real cold air.

Posted

Still a decent covering of snow here of just under 2 inches,although it is hard packed stuff which will take some shifting and will probably get added to over the next week or so if the models are to be believed.

Posted
Still a decent covering of snow here of just under 2 inches,although it is hard packed stuff which will take some shifting and will probably get added to over the next week or so if the models are to be believed.

Question is though...... Will it snow this eve near me.. lol

post-5156-1233785556_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
Question is though...... Will it snow this eve near me.. lol

Hey, its looking good for tommorow morning onwards, i would'nt like to be on Tong Street tommorow as traffic will be appaling (A650), not to worry though, it looks like precipitation will arrive in the morning, and it also looks very heavy.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Somewhere between Birningham and Manchester looks to get the best out of this, though i'm hoping for a shift east.

Posted
Hey, its looking good for tommorow morning onwards, i would'nt like to be on Tong Street tommorow as traffic will be appaling (A650), not to worry though, it looks like precipitation will arrive in the morning, and it also looks very heavy.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Somewhere between Birningham and Manchester looks to get the best out of this, though i'm hoping for a shift east.

I'm not stayin up for it to track it and find out it falls short. lol

Posted
Yes definitely, I'd like to see a little more precipitation, over our region, than is

being currently shown by the Models

Just heard the forecast on BBC1.

Doesn't sound like much more than a dusting on the way into work.

Posted
Just heard the forecast on BBC1.

Doesn't sound like much more than a dusting on the way into work.

Sounds about right to me that forecast.

You never know though, we could still get lucky :o

Posted
Sounds about right to me that forecast.

You never know though, we could still get lucky :unsure:

Which direction is it coming from? Manchester?

Posted

So whats the situation atm, is the percip moving in slower than expected or is it further north atm than expected?

Im really hoping it gets here a few hours early that would mean a bit better chance of snow on roads :rolleyes: , if going by the beeb i expect it around 8am, and expect light and some times moderate snow, if it persists throughout the day i would of thought 3-5cm widely on ground that didnt have snow previously, but considerable more on ground with snow on as settling wont be an issue, it will stick like glue!!

Current temp -3.4c !!!!! Just keeps on dropping, according to beeb low tonigh of -2.c :D / misty as well

Posted
So whats the situation atm, is the percip moving in slower than expected or is it further north atm than expected?

Im really hoping it gets here a few hours early that would mean a bit better chance of snow on roads :rolleyes: , if going by the beeb i expect it around 8am, and expect light and some times moderate snow, if it persists throughout the day i would of thought 3-5cm widely on ground that didnt have snow previously, but considerable more on ground with snow on as settling wont be an issue, it will stick like glue!!

Current temp -3.4c !!!!! Just keeps on dropping, according to beeb low tonigh of -2.c :D / misty as well

Its a real PEA soup THICK fog here. Surely that isnt good though is it? I know theres no wind about, lol.

Posted
Its a real PEA soup THICK fog here. Surely that isnt good though is it? I know theres no wind about, lol.

Doesnt really matter if there is fog tbh it will be gone in a few hours

Posted

This topic is dead :wallbash: posting in other topics instead, even in southwest one!!

Come on guys!! Whats your thought for the snow?? When will it arrive?? Are there any new changes?? Whats your current temp?? Who thinks they will get the highest amount?? How much do you expect?? Whats the current conditons atm??

Posted
This topic is dead :wallbash: posting in other topics instead, even in southwest one!!

Come on guys!! Whats your thought for the snow?? When will it arrive?? Are there any new changes?? Whats your current temp?? Who thinks they will get the highest amount?? How much do you expect?? Whats the current conditons atm??

its sad that even met dont know this lol...

i think we may get a dusting but we shall see. There are some good charts in FI to dribble over.

Posted
-2.7 here in newcastle, temp still dropping, light winds.

-3.6 now, still dropping. beeb had only forecast -2/-3. off to bed.

Posted

Agreed on all four counts TM.

Posted

I still want to see more than 4cm of snow on the ground that lasts for more than just a few hours of daylight.

:cc_confused:

And how the hell does "2-5 cm of snow" (courtesy of METO) for low areas possibly classify as "severe weather"??!

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted

- 3 in Scarborough, white frosty pavements, looking at the latest, I dont think it's gonna make N Yorks as snow, breaking up a bit...but we shall see